Make Your Own Cookbook with Cookbook Cafe
Grassroots & Social Way to Publish, Sell & Discover New Cookbooks.
Writing a cookbook is fun! Publishing a cookbook is not.
With BakeSpace's Cookbook Cafe, anyone can publish, market and sell their own cookbook as both a web based ebook and iPad app without the need to hire an editor, designer or app developer. Best of all, it's free!
Powered by the Webby Nominated & Appy Award Winning BakeSpace.com, your cookbook will be discovered by home cooks around the globe.
Cookbook Cafe has three distinct parts:
- A free online cookbook builder to create and publish your digital cookbook.
- A storefront to market and sell your cookbook, as well as shop for other grassroots cookbooks.
- A reader to search and access all the recipes in the cookbooks you've downloaded.
Cookbook authors, chefs, recipe developers, publish cookbooks & build your fan base.
Monetize your content & drive traffic to your blog.
Raise money year round! Invite your community to create a “group” cookbook.
Connect with home cooks & repurpose your branded content in a new way!
Everyone has a great recipe to share. Start today! It’s free.
Create group cookbooks fast, by sharing your special “group” link with friends & family!
With Cookbook Cafe, any home chef, group or nonprofit organization can publish an interactive cookbook as both an iPad app and a web-based ebook. They can then give it away or sell it to the world for profit or fundraising via the Cookbook Cafe storefront.
It's an idea whose time has come. After all, why should only "big name" chefs get a chance to make it as a cookbook author?
Unlike other do-it-yourself publishing services that help authors create traditional ebooks or mobile apps. Cookbook Cafe is free AND not limited by technology platform. It functions across different types of devices, including the iPad and any desktop or mobile web browser.
Beyond simply allowing you to view the cookbooks you've downloaded, the Cookbook Cafe patent-pending reader indexes each and every recipe contained in those cookbooks separately, so you can search and easily find recipes in your entire cookbook library, regardless of which specific book they're published in. This means you no longer have to search through cookbooks to find the recipe you're looking for. Don't you wish your traditional printed cookbook library could do this?
Best of all, many of the books you'll find on Cookbook Cafe help support worthy nonprofit organizations that use community cookbooks to raise funds.
- Browse & Shop for Cookbooks Based on Recipe/Food Category and Cost — In the Cookbook Cafe storefront you can find cookbooks based on food category, recipe and ingredient, as well as by reviews, what’s most popular, etc. You can also shop specifically for cookbooks that help support nonprofit organizations. Many of the cookbooks are free, and most cost less than a few bucks.
- Easy Recipe Searching — Once you’ve downloaded a cookbook, every recipe in that book is indexed individually in your library. This means you don’t have to search entire cookbooks to find a specific recipe. Simply search by keyword and the recipe will appear. Wouldn’t it be great if you could do that with the cookbooks on your kitchen shelf?!
- Instant Access to Cookbook Reviews — It’s easy to post and read reviews, and you have the ability to message authors directly.
- Anywhere Access to Your Downloaded Cookbooks — Once you download a cookbook, all the recipes in that book reside on your iPad. This means you don’t need to be connected to the Internet to access your recipes.
- Multi-Platform Access — The cookbooks you download via the Cookbook Cafe iPad app can also be accessed and searched on any web-enabled computer at BakeSpace.com/cookbooks. Note: multi-platform access requires BakeSpace.com registration (which is free).
- A Rich, Multimedia Experience — Many of the cookbooks in Cookbook Cafe include not just photos, but audio, video and other multimedia.
- Automatic Backups — The cookbooks you download using this app are saved on your iPad. In addition, all of your cookbooks may be accessed on any other iPad and from any web-enabled computer provided you register with BakeSpace.com and “sync” your downloaded cookbooks.
- Multiple Recipe Viewing Modes — Recipe pages can be viewed in standard (full length) or condensed “cook mode” for easy viewing in the kitchen. (iPad App Only)
- Kitchen Timers, Substitution Charts & Conversion Tables – Never burn a dish again with these nifty tools — Cookbook Cafe gives you five separate programmable timers that can be used simultaneously — even if you close the app! (iPad App Only)
Cookbook Cafe has three distinct parts:
- Cookbook Builder: With our easy-to-use cookbook builder, you can publish your own beautifully interactive cookbook as both a web-based eBook and iPad App. The builder also makes it easy to crowdsource recipes and include content from family members, friends and co-workers -- whether they're in the next room or halfway around the globe.
- Cookbook Marketplace: Once you've created your cookbook, it becomes available for download on the Web (through your very own cookbook profile page and the Cookbook Cafe storefront) AND via the Cookbook Cafe iPad App. Cookbooks on either web or app-based storefront can be searched by author name, ingredient or category, directions and types such as "Nonprofits" and "Best Sellers."
- Cookbook Reader: Cookbook Cafe's online and iPad-based cookbook reader provides a uniquely interactive culinary experience.
- How do I create a cookbook using Cookbook Cafe? Creating a cookbook is quick, easy and free. The first step is to create a BakeSpace.com account (which is also free) by clicking the “Join” button in the menu bar above. Once you’re a member, click on the “Cookbooks” menu bar and then click the green “add a cookbook” button. Then follow the instructions to name your cookbook, select your cookbook categories, upload photos/video and assign your price. Once you’ve saved your cookbook, you can now add recipes to it. Click on the “Get Started” to well… get started!
- How long does it take for my cookbook to get approved and appear in the storefront? Once the cookbook is approved by our editors (24 hours for free cookbooks, up to three days for paid cookbooks due to Apple’s approval process.
- I want to start building my cookbook, but I don’t have all my recipes prepared. Should I wait or start today? If not now, then when? :) Of course we understand how important every cookbook is to our members. You can start building your cookbook today by naming it and filling out the basics. Then you can come back later and add recipes to it.There’s no pressure here… we want this experience to be fun and rewarding. You do what’s best for you. Wayne Gretzky once said, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t make.” So you can’t succeed unless you try.
- Can I get a hard copy of my cookbook? Nope... but therein lies the beauty. While we still love our old-school paper cookbooks, Cookbook Cafe's unique digital publishing platform makes it possible for authors to create, market and even distribute their cookbooks for free.
- Does each author retain the rights to his/her cookbook when it's published and downloaded via Cookbook Cafe? Absolutely... you own the rights to 100% of your content.
- I want to upload recipes for my cookbook, but I don’t want them included in the general BakeSpace.com recipe index. How can I set this up? Simply mark your recipe “private.” Once you're done, you can add private recipes to any cookbook you create. Only folks that download your cookbook will be able to access those recipes.
- How much should I charge for my cookbook? Prices may range from free or paid from $0.99 to $25.99 (in one dollar increments).
- How much does it cost to create, publish and market a cookbook using Cookbook Cafe? Nada! It's free to create your cookbook and market it through the Cookbook Cafe storefront (both online and through the iPad app). Your cookbook is digital, which means there's no cost for printing or shipping. The only time you incur a fee (aka split revenue) is when you sell a cookbook. You pay nothing when you give your cookbook away on Cookbook Cafe for free.
- How much will I make from each cookbook I sell? If you sell your cookbook for profit or fundraising you'll split the revenue 50%-50% with BakeSpace and its payment processing partners.
- How do I track my cookbook sales? As the author, you have access to an online dashboard with up-to-the-minute download, sales and payment processing information for each cookbook you publish. You can access your personalized dashboard via your profile page.
- How do I get paid for my sales? Authors who reach a minimum of $25 in net sales during the previous month (or since their last payment) will be sent a check (or cash via paypal) within 30 days.
2016 Appy Award Finalist “Best iPad Publishing”
2015 Webby Awards “Best Lifestyle Tablet App”
2015 Appy Award Finalist “Best iPad Publishing”
2014 Webby Awards “Best Social Tablet App”
2014 Appy Award Winner “Best iPad Publishing”
2013 Appy Award “Best iPad Publishing”
2012 IACP Nominee “Most Interesting Use of New Technology”
2012 Webby Awards “Best Social Tablet App”
2012 W3 Award Gold Winner (3 awards)
2012 Tasty Award “Best Mobile App”
BakeSpace hits the Sweet Spot with Social Cookbooks – LA Tech Digest
BakeSpace.com and Cookbook Cafe out to ‘democratize’ the cookbook world – LA Times
App Report: Cookbook Cafe – Publishers Weekly
Repeat Webby Honors for BakeSpace.com and Cookbook Cafe DIY App Publisher - Business Wire
BakeSpace.com’s DIY Cookbook Publisher and Marketplace Earns Fourth Consecutive Webby Honors for Best Lifestyle App - PR Newswire
BakeSpace.com’s Cookbook Cafe Book and App Publisher Earns Webby Award Honors - Market Wired
ExcelPR Group (323) 851-2200 ext 112