Jean’s Recipe File
Membership is free. Please log in/join. You can also view this cookbook as an app on your iPad. Download the Cookbook Café App.
ABOUT THIS COOKBOOK
The recipes in this book were collected by Jean Goldstein Malamud from 1954 to 1981. They were compiled into a cookbook in 1985 by Jean and her daughter Yvette Malamud Ozer.
Recipes come from family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and other sources (e.g., restaurants, magazines, and cookbooks). Many thanks to Eric Wickberg (one of Ellen’s sons) for helping provide photographs and accurate information about various Goldstein family members.
• Jean Goldstein Malamud: The collector
• Mother (Grandma G.): Zelma Levin Goldstein (1905–1978), Jean’s mother, married to Syd C. Goldstein
• Grandma (Yetta): Yetta Chemnick Levin (1862–1941), Zelma’s mother
• Ellen Goldstein Wickberg: Jean’s sister
• Aunt Fanny: Fanny Goldstein Chemnick (1886–1955), Syd Goldstein’s sister & Grandma G’s aunt
• Aunt Lilly: Lillian Minsky Goldstein (1903–1993), Syd Goldstein’s sister-in-law