BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Morning - Tuesday - September 18th!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally finished my purse cake, here is the link, I posted pics for ya'll. Whew what a process, here is the link....

http://www.bakespace.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1979

ericmsdw2007 wrote:
...DD - thanks for your PMs. I don't feel quite as freaky anymore, lol!....

Well Eric, from one to another, you ARE a freak, but I won't tell.....LOL

Debbie- THAT's all the stuff I've been telling him! I will send him that link, just as soon as he cools off...he's already tired of hearing me say I told ya so!

I'll stop by later, Jim is tugging on my shirt tail for dinner, lol.....
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddpie: wow! your purse cake is AWESOME!! How long did that take you?
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anne Marie, it took me 1 day to bake the cake(last week, then kept it in the freezer) and make the buttercreme and fondant. Then a couple of hours to do the little do dads and purse strap (the first two broke) then another whole day to do the purse. But I'm still learning and I am slow, so, let's just say I won't be doing this for a living anytime soon LOL
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddpie--That purse looks amazing!!! Is it real??? Wink

Happy Birthday to Jess, hope she has a great 18th!!

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motherof2Boys wrote:
ddpie--That purse looks amazing!!! Is it real??? Wink

Happy Birthday to Jess, hope she has a great 18th!!

Jennifer

LOL Jennifer, one of Jess' friends came over today and saw it sitting on the table and thought for a second, that it was real....I laughed and told her the story about the bakespace cake! Very Happy
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening to all my BakeSpace friends.
**Tango, so very sorry to hear about your kitty getting into it with something.
**Jennifer, it was a really nice day here also. I love being able to open the windows. Hope you had a less busy day at work today.
**Ann Marie, what a fun mother you have! It sounds like you have a great relationship with her. I bet you will all have a great weekend. The weather has been so nice to do things out of doors lately. Sounds like some great cookbook finds, congratulations!
**Joan, I used to live in Arizona, so I know how hot it can be out west. I don't think I could handle the heat, now that I am older. Your cats sound like the one I used to have, he barely tolerated me, who took care of him by the way, but followed my hubby everywhere and sat in his lap all the time.
**Dd, hope your daughter enjoyed her birthday celebration tonight. Once again, I would hate to cut a cake that looks as pretty as that purse cake! I am always afraid of someone hacking into my computer banking etc. I hope Jim has an easy time getting things cleared up.
**Marlene, I sure know what you mean about store bought spaghetti sauce, I don't think any of them out there are any good. I always make my own. The store bought ones taste so greasy to me. It does seem like after all the effort you put into it, that you should at least get enough sauce to last you until you can make more. 8 quarts wouldn't last me very long. I hope that your hand isn't burned too badly.
**Debbie, sorry to hear that you had another migraine. They sure can be nasty. Lucky you, getting to go to the beautiful area that Ann Marie posted pictures of. That should be a beautiful ride.
**Eric, you have fun at the game, especially tail gating, my boys do that a couple of times a year in Pittsburgh. Sounds like there will be lots of good food.

Not so sure if I will make empanadas again. Hubby really liked them but I just thought they were okay. It is the usual battle, I would like them if they were hotter, and he wouldn't eat them if they were. Debbie and Jennifer, they were kind of like a turnover, filled with hamburger, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, green olives, raisins, green chilis and lots of spices. I looked at about 10 recipes and then made up my own.

Disappointing news at the Dr.s today, he said there is not anything that can be done to fix the problems in my shoulders, just to come back in when the pain gets unbearable and he will give me shots. I was really hoping that I could do something to make them better. I guess in the grand scheme of things it is not that big of a deal.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
ToniTNY
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. Another day almost done. Finally got the pool closed, better late than never, I guess.

Tango, I'm sorry about your furbaby. I know that feeling all too well, unfortunately. We have a 15 year old dog that is my husband's baby that is coming to that stage of life, and I know it will be miserable to do what we have to do.

Patti, do you have arthritis or bursitis in your shoulders that can't be helped? DH has bursitis and a torn rotator cuff and, believe it or not, exercising has made it sooo much more bearable for him. It's enabled him to avoid repair surgery and to have lots more improved movement.

ddpie - WoW! YOu did a great job. I hate working with fondant.

ERic, my DH sure would be jealous. He's a Pats fan. That tailgate party sounds wonderful. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Sox if you'll keep them crossed for the Mets - they seem intent on letting their bullpen screw the entire season for them.

AnnMarie, your mom must be something! 4 wheeling at 72??

Debbie, I can't wait 'til I'm hot all the time - has to be better than cold LOL! At least I wont be sniping at the rest of the family when they put the A/C on colder.

Marlene, my friend and neighbor cans homemade tomatoes with her mother and sister in law. They do about 25-30 BUSHELS per year and make more than a hundred quarts of sauce. Her husband built her a gas BBQ pit outside that fits all the big huge pots they use and they do it all outside. I just saw all the empty boxes outside of her home with the trash last week, so they must have just finished. Too too too much work for me! Hope your hand is better.

Joan, I'm a heat lover and wish it were 90 degrees here!

Jennifer, I never had empanadas either. My DH and my 21 y/o daughter would be thrilled, but I don't know if it would be my cup of tea. I'm not a spicy or mexican-style eater.

Well, I'm off to do my nightly check-ins with friends before I go settle in to watch the Mets -- and hopefully root them on instead of yelling at the screen! 'night to all ...

Toni
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: