BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friday, September 21, 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO BAKESPACE FRIENDS........What a beautiful day we have in store for us today...almost going to be in the 90's though, but there's a nice breeze going so maybe it won't seem so hot. Jim told me this morning when he left for work..."Be ready to go when I get home for lunch." We've been talking about going to a nearby motorcycle shop that has a good riding seat...so our butts won't hurt and be on fire when we ride a long distance and we've been wanting to get our hair cut before our week-end trip...so I don't know which he has in mind...but I'll be ready! Lunch yesterday with my sisters was very nice......we did however all talk about starting a support group to loose a few pounds...so we are meeting the first Monday of every month paying 5 dollars and the person that loses the most weight the next meeting gets the money. We are all weighing on the same scale. I'm the one that needs to lose the most weight...don't hate me when I tell you how over-weight I am but I need to loose probably 100 plus pounds. I know I need to loose this weight and I know it will probably help with the constent pain in my foot! Trying to support all the extra weight with a crippled foot is NOT a good thing. But hey I enjoy eating! It'll be hard, but I'm giving it my best shot. I know there is alot of little things I do that will help...Stop drinking so much Pepsi and MORE Water, NO sweets in the house at all, no 2nd helpings and put my food on a smaller plate, and it'll be hard for me to exercise with my foot, but try to do some kind of exercise.
Tifffany took little Avayah for the swallowing tests yesterday and it showed a little bit a relux, but nothing serious and she'd out grow it soon. Feed her only 1/2 oz. then burp and don't lay her down for 45 mins after she's been feed. Then she went to her reg. doctor for a weight check and she's 6 lbs 6 oz! So she is gaining weight and filling out...YEA!

**BABETTE, You sure were an early bird this morning. So what do you have planned for the wewk-end? Jim and I are going motorcycle riding to the Falls with a group of friends.....if Jim feels better.

**TANGO, Since you DH won't be back in town until Sunday...will you all do date nite then? What do you usually do for date nite? Hope you get to see Good Luck Chuck. It should be funny. I want to see the new Jodi Foster movie....Brave One! Should be pretty intense!

**LINDA, Bathroom makeover...that wil be nice! Sounds like Sunday will be full of Celebrations! Tell Dh Happy B'Day for me and I wish both of you a blessed Anniversary of 35 years! How wonderful! Now stop burning that candle at both ends and stop and smell the flowers and enjoy life!

**ANN MARIE, I feel so bad that you're still sick and won't be able to go to the picnic at your sisters! I hate colds, because the make you feel as bad as if you had the flu only your not throwing up! Hope you get to feeling better soon. ((Ann Marei))

Grandmadotcom, Haven't seen you on for awhile..good to see you again! What is your first name, if you don't mind sharing? I've been meaning to ask you...your profile picture looks alot like one I have of me from the 60's...di you gratuate in the 60's? I LOVE my Pampered Chef Pizza Stones! Have a good time with your busy week-end!

**PATTI, Sounds like you have a real dmpness problem...I have no ideas except , I think I'd call a contractor and get it taken care of before mold starts to set in...that's dangerous for your health! Let us know what you find out. Do you think madison will go to the game with Papaw?

**DDPIE, So glad the test showed the cancer hasn't spread on Jim's dad. Like you said "ATTITUDE" is half the battle! I think that's why my Dad made it through BOTH his cancers so well! I will difinitelt keep Him and you and Jim in my daily prayers! Your ribs from last nite sounded Yummy! And that smoked Turkey Breast sounds really good too! Jim and I watched Survivor last nite too....I Never miss a season! I was however surprised to see that"Chicken" got voted off instead of that "Wrestler girl" (I can't remember her name) Although she was sick that one day...she still did not help with any work even when she started to feel better! She would have been my choice to send home! Hope you get a chance to see your lon-time friend this week-end.

**JEN, Poor you and poor little Stewie! I'll bet you were really shocked that he peed on your pillow. Do you think he was just overly excited or something? Don't be mad at him for too long...cause he wants you on the floor to play! Have fun with your day off! Tiffany wants a pedicure for Christmas.....I want a massage!

Well, it's 12:05 and Jim will be here soon...so I guess I had better go and try to do something with this hair and face! Helo to those that stop in after me..I'll stop back in later today! Have a AWESOME DAY and Take Care! HUGS...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Meikha
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Howdy all... Reply with quote

Howdy all,
I haven't been here for awhile but have been reading. Been a little busy. DH been a little under weather and having some painting done outside on eves and underhangs.,and gable ends . Rest is brick but our painer is sure slow. Very good but slow. Haven't paid him any yet and thank goodness we got a quote first. wouldn't want to pay him by the hour LOL
Rather foggy here this morning.,school delayed two hours. When I venured out to get paper at mail box this morning I thought I might not find my way back up the driveway it was that bad.
Tried out a new recipe the other day. Wasn't too bad but then I froze some and wasn't sure how it would be then. It was for lasagna roll ups. I love lasagna and DH won't have anythign to do with it , so hate to make a big batch just for me.
Hope the weekend is good for all and special hugs for all(()) Sandy
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkey business wrote "Grandmadotcom, Haven't seen you on for awhile..good to see you again! What is your first name, if you don't mind sharing? I've been meaning to ask you...your profile picture looks alot like one I have of me from the 60's...di you gratuate in the 60's? I LOVE my Pampered Chef Pizza Stones! Have a good time with your busy week-end! "

My name is Patricia, but everyone calls me patti,or patticake. And my DH's name is Jim, too.I graduated in 1971 I have a ton of Pampered Chef. I love the silicone cupcake pan that looks like flowers when you turn them out. They are great for making brownies in.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

queenietwo wrote:
Hi Everyone - anyone have the secret for stopping a bleeding nose? I get one about once a week. Since I had a stroke in 2000 and a clot in the groin last June I take aspirin daily as a blood thinner. Ergo the nose problem. I got a bleeding nose at 4 this morning and it took forever with pressure applied to stop the bleeding and then my nostril was plugged so breathing wasn't the greatest for falling back to sleep. Other than tilting your head back and pressure is there some other way to stop the bleeding? ...Marlene

Hi Marlene, my hubby (paramedic/firefighter/instructor) would tell you to actually lean FORWARD and tilt your head DOWN for a nose bleed. Put a cold cloth on your nose and apply pressure to both sides of your nostrils, another cold cloth on your neck. When you lean your head back, the blood just runs down your throat and does not have anywhere to gather to clot, that's why it lasts so long. When you lean forward, it will clot much faster. (even given the blood thinners you're on)

I know it sounds weird, but it really does work! Actually, I didn't totally believe him until I took his last CPR/First Aid class and it was in the manual! But shhhhhh, don't tell him that, hehehehehe

Oh, and I almost forgot, this is gross, but...when you tilt your head forward, the clot ends up in the front of your nose, as opposed to the back of the sinuses/cavity and at the back of your throat (which we all know makes you gag). Leave it there until the danger has passed and you can remove it more easily. (sorry to be so graphic guys)
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everybody,

feeling a little better...just wore out now. Hopefully can get a good nights sleep tonight. I washed all my bedding and all my fleece blankies off the couch - - trying to kill as many cold/flu germs as I can. Sprayed with disinfectant spray too.

Scary about nose bleeds, I think I've only ever had one. My brother gets them all the time, mostly from having a dry nose.

You know what I noticed? I was sitting out on our deck getting a breath of fresh air...and I don't notice as many birds in our backyard. Sad Lots of bugs flying around but no birds. Guess it is that time of year.

Sure is a pretty day today, it is 82 right now...suppose to be nice for the weekend too.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Ann
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys! I'm hoping to enjoy my weekend... Lots going on at BakeSpace... I'll try to keep my lips sealed as to not spoil any surprises.. Smile Oh, that's just cruel - I know! I'm pure evil.

I really hope to get to the beach this weekend for a bike ride. They say it's going to rain today, but the weather is perfect I just can't imagine how.

Sat night I'm going out with friends to some play thing at the ford theater which should be cool. Sunday is poker night at my house.. we're trying to set up two friends on a date so we'll see if the romance of the game can kick it off... I'm hoping to bake some cupcakes or something for the game to show off my skills. It's been so long since I've baked or cooked my boyfriend thinks I'm a fraud now.. hahahaah I promise, I'm not. I would love to do that purse cake DDPie did... Maybe I should do poker chip cupcakes.. If I do I'll post a photo. I have some pre-made fondant I've been meaning to try.. does that stuff go bad? I've had it for a couple of years.. oops!

OK, that's about it.. we put up a video in the the my kitchen page for grilling tips from Sara Lee.. .if you get a second, check it out and show your support for our grassroots community. Smile It's actually informative. Plus there are other videos on their site for more tips.. there's a link to their site under the video...

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Babs, yeah, that IS cruel, but we're getting used to the abuse, LOL, jk...

The poker chips sound like a really cute idea! Or, you could do some cookies and make some square (cards) and some round (poker chips) decorated with fondant, that would be cute too. I can't comment on how long the fondant lasts, never used the premade stuff. I have only used the homemade marshmallow fondant, but even that can only be kept up to 2 weeks in fridge or 6 months in freezer.....

Whatever you do, you better post some photos!!!

Oh, I just had another thought, you could do cupcakes, frost them white, then just do red & black cutouts (cookie cutters) of the fondant in hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades...let them dry flat for a day, then stick them kinda standing up in the cupcakes....if you're pressed for time Smile
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD EVENING FRIENDS.....Jim and I haven't been home to long and I thought I check in and say hello and see how everyone day went. Jim is outside putting a back rest onthe motorcycle for me......I never really liked or thought I really neede one of those, but Everyone else thinks I do...so we bought one today. After he gets it on we're going to take it for a short ride and gas up for our trip in the morning! Jim took a 1/2 day off so we could go to a motorcycle shop in Wheeling a buy a Mustang seat (they are suppose to be top of ther line as far as comfort on your butt for long rides) But they didn't get any in today. So we'll go this coming Wednesday...Jim's on vacation next week! So mtoday we went and got our hair cut and ate a bit of dinner and got the back rest and visited with Tiffany and the kids for a little while!

**MARLENE, How's the nose bleed? How did you get ti to stop? Jim gets those alot because of sinus infections. Sounds like your DD has some quick re-arranging to do for her trip. I wish her well!

**JENNIFER, Glad the soccer game last nite was so exciting! Tiffany is thinking about letting Cody play ball or take some kind of marshal arts ...I think it would be good for him! Girls get togethers are fun sometimes aren't they? Glad you had a good time.

**SANDY, WOW...Haven't seen you on for awhile. Hope DH is feeling better. Jim's parents paid a contrator to do a job that was supposed to take a week and ended up taking over 3 weeks...talk about slow...it's a good thing they didn't pay them by the hour too! Personally I would never have stood for that! So how were your Lasagna RollUps? I've seen recipes for them, but never treid them?

**PATTICAKE, I knew you and I must have went to high school around the same year...our hair styles are almost the same, except I didn't have any bangs!

**ANN MARIE, Glad you're feeling a little bit better. Maybe you can go to your sisters picnic after all! So most of your birds have flown south already? Mine too, although I don't have near the birds I had when we lived out a littl..no we're in town and I don't have but a few different kinds.

**BABETTE...There you go teasing us AGGAIN!! Sounds like you're going to have a full week-end too. Those ideas that DDPIE gave you for decorating for the poker game sound cute. Don't forget the pictures!

Well. I'm off here for now....If I get on-line tomorrow it'll be early,because we're leaving early! If I don't....l check in when we get back in town on Sunday evening sometime! Hope everyone has an AWESOME week-end and Hugs to ALL.......Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!!

Jennifer thanks for the invite!! My neighbor came home for about 10 minutes. Never did call? Bummer guess I'll go by myself after work tomorrow. Going to look online to see what times they have!

I didn't know that about nose bleeds hummm see there you learn something new every day!

See ya all in the morning!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: