BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday, the day before October 3rd 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Tuesday, the day before October 3rd 2012 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, rise and shine Very Happy

I got sunshine and sunflowers today Smile

It's one hour before lunchtime and my focus is already every where except for where it should be Laughing. Everybody is already looking forward to tomorrows day off.
Tonight I'm going to start the festivities with a cocktail at my neighbour's along with the youngsters he has collected, followed by a "hutspot" dinner at a restaurant in town. I haven't planned anything on Wednesday yet, cause the weather forecasts are really poor.
But I'd better finish some work first. Have a smashing day everybody!

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Another beautiful autumn day. I shut the windows, only at night now. Enough leaves have fallen that I can start raking... starting today!! Plenty of rainy days ahead for indoor work.

Fan - I am going to post two recipes for Hutspot in the October Recipe thread. Would you share your recipe? I would like to make it tomorrow.

Tango - Do you make a lot using consignment shops? What should you look for in a consignment shop before bringing items to sell?

Debbie - You and Jim don't seem to have a dull moment. What are going to do when he goes back to work? I hope Mat and Tiffany's move goes smoothly. Will the children need to change schools?

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning

I slept pretty good for a change. Got laundry going!!

Great picture Fan!!

Vicki I know the person with the shop. So guess look for someone your comfortable with. It's a 60/40 deal with her, I get the 60.

I'm going to post a banana cake recipe in the Oct recipes!

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tango - Many people are donating to "school donation stores" (much like Goodwill and Salvation Army) with the proceeds going to individual schools here. So, I haven't really checked out local consignment shops.

I'm watching for your banana cake recipe! Smile

~~Vicki

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING GIRLS, Cloudy, Gloomy, Rainy day here this morning, Oh and let's throw in Chilly too. These kinda days makes me want to go back to bed. That's where Jim still is, but as soon as I get finished here, I'll be getting him up. I told Tiffany yesterday Not to worry about cleaning as I knew she was very tired from the move over the week-end, so Jim and I are going to run the sweeper and dust the furniture, clean the bathroom and kitchen. I think I'll make some Potato Soup for dinner. With the rain and the cool air, I'm ready for soup!

**FAN, Pretty Sunflower. I half expected to see a Bee or two on it though. Hope the rain holds off and you have a good time at the neighbors house for cocktails, then dinner.

**VICKI, Glad to hear you are having such a Beautiful Fall day. Jim said that him and Cody were weed eating in the back yard and Cody said, "Pap, it won't be long until we need to start raking." And indoor work, I have enough of that to keep me busy for a long time. Yes, Jim keeps things interesting around here. I DON"T know what I'll do when he goes back to work. No Mat and Tiffany's move didn't go smoothly, but I pray everything works out for them. The kids do not have to change schools.

**TANGO, Hope the sell of your things at the Consignment shop goes well and you make some descent money for them. Banana Cake sounds yummy. Looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I guess I need to get off here and get started...9:30 already! Hello to anyone else that stops in today. Keep smiles on your face and you are bound to have a good day. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, it's becoming increasingly difficult finding flowers and bees Wink
But the rain is not holding off, the clouds have come in and I think I need a sweater and a raincoat for tonight. How are the kitties doing?
Vicki, awesome pics yesterday. I did post my hutspot in the recipe thread.
Tango, great looking banana cake!

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - I made potato soup last week. Sunday, we're having a "soup dinner" at my MIL's home. What a blessing that your grandchildren didn't have to change schools.

Fan - I'm glad you liked the yesterday's pictures. After checking your recommendations on the October Recipe thread, Hutspot is definitely on the tomorrow's dinner menu. Thank you!

~~Vicki

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi girls, grandma just returned from the hutspot dinner with the youngsters. Left them in the city at the "kermis" and walked home with the youngest one. Grandpa [i.e. my neighbour] stayed behind in the pub concocting cocktails for the custumers of the restaurant in order to pay for our dinner Laughing . He's lucky they asked him to do the cocktails, not the dishes.

Vicki, take a look at our hutspot. Smile

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - That does look delicious. Thanks for sharing your picture. I hope mine turns out well tomorrow. Smile

~~Vicki

Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - great pics - delish recipes - and thank you Fan for the adoption -

Got called out of town yesterday for a meeting - got home around 2 AM - I stayed and partied with friends -

Today has been pretty good - made 20 ham and cheese pockets - ate 2 - froze the rest ... I think I'll call Nubbins and see about lunch wed or thurs....

TTY tomorrow - stay well - be prepared - look both ways before you cross the street and don't wipe your nose on your sleeve...

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: