BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, WEDNESDAY - October 3, 2012 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, WEDNESDAY - October 3, 2012 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Today will be fun. In a few minutes, I'll bake Apple Praline Bread... only make it once or twice a year. And, tonight's dinner is my first attempt at Hutspot. I even have laurel on hand... bay leaves! Smile

Have a great day!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING VICKI and OTHERS.....Today will be a fun day for me too. Two of my Friends I use to work with are coming over this morning. It's been a while since I've seen either one oh them.
Anyway, I wanted to stop in here first and say hello before I got my shower and the day got started.

VICKI, YUM on the Apple Praline Cake. What kind of Apples do you use? I use to make a Fresh Apple Cake years ago, but I have no idea where the recipe is. Good Luck on your HUTSPOT dinner. I'm sure it'll turn out very good.

Well off to get started...my day is already several hours ahead of where I want it to be. Wishing EVERYONE a GREAT DAY! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - I'm using Cortland apples, just because I have 1/2 a bushel on hand. I've used Granny Smith, Northern Spy, and other tart apples, too.

~~Vicki

tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning
Just a quick fly in!! Headed to work it's my long day. I slept like crap, up & down hot, cold, coughing etc. Ughhhhhhhh

Hope all have a fabulous day!!!

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Message for Tango:

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone. I am glad to be back. I had a great time staying with Madison, even though there was an emergency call from the school.( I hope I didn't already tell this story, I looked back through the posts and didn't see a post about my time with her.) She had fallen and hit her head on a chair, and then soon after fell and hit her head on a chair again. We went to pick her up at school because the nurse said she seemed confused and spacey. I wanted to keep a close watch on her. She seemed to have a good appetite and I kept checking out her pupils. She seemed to get less spacey as the day went on, and was actually playing games on the computer. I wonder if her spaceyness was not caused by her being made fun of because she dressed for spirit day, one day ahead. Kids, why do they have to be mean to each other??

Got home about 9:30 p.m. and had to repack for my trip for the next morning. That trip did NOT go near as well as I expected it too. Lets just say that sister and I are no longer on speaking terms. She was soooooo mean and belittling to me the whole time. I am hoping that in time I can forgive her, but for now, I just need some time to recover.

It is so humid here that I am going to fire up the a.c. today. This is crazy weather, we are to have days in the 80s!?! I am glad I let a couple of t-shirts and short out when I put away my summer clothes.
I made ham loaf, succotash and roasted rosemary potatoes for dinner last night. Hubby had a leftover plate of a meal he made while I was gone and with my plate of leftovers from last night that will be our dinner tonight. I need to make a shopping list, we have some pretty bare cupboards and fridge.

**Vicki, I thought that the apple bread you were talking about was the same one I make, but it wasn't. I even thought we used the same persons recipe, but now I am not so sure. Mine came from TOH also. Any way....yours sounds really good also. My goodness, that sand art was fascinating. Like some one else said, it had so many things to look at, that when you thought you had seen it all, you found something that you hadn't noticed before. I am all out of apples, to me, a tragedy. I hope I can talk someone into taking me to an orchard soon.
**Debbie, enjoy your visit with friends. You all probably have a lot to catch up on. So sorry that the move has been so rough for Tiffany and the family. I hope that in the end it will all pay off and that they will be glad that they made the move. Hugs to her.
**Tango, there she goes again flying off. What a time for it to be your long day, when you are not feeling good AND did not get much sleep. I hope it turns out to be an easy day for you and that you sleep better tonight.

Hello to all that check in throughout the day. I too wonder how Carolyn's tests turned out.
I would appreciate any prayers that you could send my sisters way, I am very worried about her. Not sure exactly what to pray for, I guess peace of mind and to understand that she has some problems that she needs help with. Thank you to anyone that says a prayer for her.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning ladies. I am feeling a little bit better today, Just finished my last antibiotic, but still coughing up stuff.
We went to the vet yesterday and took 2 of the female kittens, from the last litter,to have them spayed, then tomorrow we are taking the 2 males. We still have the mother cat to fix a little later, but she just had another litter about 4 weeks ago, so as soon as she is through feeding them we are taking her. Going to try to give away the new ones. There are 3 grey ones and a white one.
I want to put up my Halloween decorations soon. I was planning on doing it this week, but it was raining for the last 2 days, plus I was still not feeling too good. Hopefully will feel like doing it soon.
Pattit-- sorry your time with your sister wasn't a good one. I can't imagine how that would be, my sisters and I don't see each other very often, since one is in FL and one is in Ar, then one is here in TN but still several miles away, but we do talk often. Hope Madison's problems weren't serious. Kids are mean to each other.
Vicki- that sand sculpture was fantastic!!
Debbie, sounds like ya'll are getting around better than you were. I hope Tiffany's move isn't too stressful on her.
Tango-hope you don't have what i did, I am still feeling yucky and it has been almost 2 weeks.
Ann- hope you are having a good day, too.
Carolyn- let us know about your tests. I am going to have i=one soon. not fun.
Hello to everyone else that comes in, Going to try to get around here and do a little housework. Jim has been cooking and washing the dishes,while I have been sick, but you know good a job men do He doesn't see the small things that need done. like cobwebs in the corners and dusting things.LOL

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Vicki, how's the Hutspot doing?
Debbie, have fun with the girls Very Happy . Did you put Jim on kitchen duty?
Tango, hang in there. Hope you get well soon.
PattiT, thank goodness Madison turned out okay. Sorry to hear the visit to your sis wasn't as good as expected.
Grammadot, glad your feeling a little better. Don't overdo things yet, the cobwebs usually are very patient and will not run away.

I had a fun day despite of the rain. The rain kept me inside and away from the festivities until the start of the parade, when we did get a dry spell. Kept myself busy with little tidbits in the house. Then went out to see the parade. This year's theme was "Dutch glory". So Vicki eat your heart out Laughing

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!!! fan. that is kinda what my dd said. I told her I wanted clean the house so I could put up the Halloween decorarations. She said that the cobwebs are already there and would be part of the original decor. I got up and did a little cleaning and fixed us a pizza for lunch. visited with Jeanna and Ira for a while. now am lying down for awhile. I caught the new white kittie and cuddled it for awhile. it is so cute. it has blue eyes.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammadot, how many kittens do you have now?

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: