BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Oct. 6th & SUNDAY, Oct. 7th, 2012
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Oct. 6th & SUNDAY, Oct. 7th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

What a rainy and dreary day yesterday, glad I worked. Smile Wasn't busy, only have four little critters...but when it is slow like this then I can get caught up on other things that I can't normally do.

Not very warm in here this morning, had to turn the furnace on to take off the chill/damp air. They are saying the temp is to dip into the 30's tonight. BRR! That will really change the trees!

PattiT - we don't have a Trader Joe's around here either. Sad Have to go to Pittsburgh to find one.

Fan
- I am off for 3 days next week and it's suppose to be cool & rainy, will be baking then.

Debbie - wasn't sent home early, worked my full 12 hour shift. Very Happy I've asked the OB's before, they told me I am too young for menopause. Will ask my new OB's opinion.

Better get around here, need to head in shortly.

Take care,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Leaves are changing and falling. Raking began yesterday (usually lasts through part of November), and we'll probably rake and bag more today. We used to have big bonfires throughout the neighborhood, until pollution laws were enacted. After today, most morning temperatures will be in the 30's.

Yesterday, I found unpasteurized apple cider on sale. I will boil a half gallon of the cider into apple cider syrup. This will be a fun treat for my grandchildren. They asked for waffles when they stay overnight. Smile Have you tried this?

Ann - We're usually try to wait until November 1 before turning on the furnace. However, that may all change if the temperatures drop much more OR my grandchildren are staying here.

Pat & Qui - Great that you enjoyed a great lunch!

PattiT - How is your back doing today? I hope the insurance issues get settled soon.

Fan - Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures. What kind of sausage(s) are you getting?

Debbie
- I have never made cornmeal mush. How do you make it?

Have a great weekend!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning

Uggghhhhhhhhh my neighbor is dog sitting & she left them out all night & they have barked & barked which in turn made Harley bark!! Up & down all night teehee I don't know how many times I yelled shhhhhhhh!!!

I missed a couple of days Sad I'm a slacker!!

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tango - I hope you get more sleep tonight. Glad to see you posting more frequently. Smile

~~Vicki

carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: hiall Reply with quote

been kind of slacking latley with the posts i know . been kind of in and out here and there. lots of dr visits and running .
Well for those who asked about my test results i posted them on thursdays post.
As for today its cold and windy so have the fire going and the oven on making some cookies and a apple pie but the apples even up here are very expensive even in apple country up here unless you have your own apple trees we do but the good ones only have apples every other year and of course the deer apples are plenty.
Hubby been cutting wood for next winter he had few trees to cut for his mom to. all the free wood we can get helps us not to have to buy as much. Well better great at the rest of my days chores have a great weekend.

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolyn - What a blessing that you don't have colon cancer. You're right about the expensive Michigan apples. I only bought 1/2 bushel at the Farmer's Market. My daughter is not canning any apple butter, applesauce, or apple pie filling, Too many orchards did not even open.

~~Vicki

axellf
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all you wonderful people,

It is a Great Day! My day started at 4:30 this morning, since I had to be at church by 6:30 AM for the men's breakfast. For the October men's breakfast Kathie and I made two 19½ x 12 x 3 inch baking pans with blueberry and strawberry and cream cheese French toast bake, and we served a strawberry sauce over it. It was a hit and several people took two servings. We prepped on Thursday and baked yesterday, in fact it took us five hours to bake both of them, and we made the sauce yesterday. Today I only had to warm them up for 30 minutes and warm the sauce up which I pured over the French toast. As far as the weather is concerned we have a beautiful warm day, but it cooled down a bit to 93ºF.

Have a Super Day!

Aloha ke Akua,
Axel & Kathie

http://bakespace.com/axellf

http://www.facebook.com/AxelLaFontaine
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Just got back from a wonderful day out of town Very Happy . Left early this morning in the pouring rain to catch the train up north. The weather didn't look very promising, but when I arrived in Leeuwarden three hours later the sun came out and brightened up my day. Spent the morning in Leeuwarden getting my dry cured bacon and sausages [droege woarst], some ewe's cheese and a few sammies with smoked horse meat to get me through the rest of the day. In the afternoon I went to the Laurentius church in Kimswert. Really awesome, paid a visit to the grave tomb of three nobel ladies, pictured the whole group of genealogists listening to the "sermon" Laughing. I'll upload some pics tomorrow.
Ann-Marie, it's getting chillier here too. I have to call in the old man down the street for cleaning the furnace and starting it.
Vicki, got myself dried sausages. Really yummy. And I had a wonderful piece of apple cranberry pie today.
Tango, glad you popped in. Hang in there today.
Carolyn, same for you. Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you.
Axel, by the time you got up, I was having lunch Laughing But to be honest I got up at 5.30.
Getting some appetite, not enough for cooking a whole dinner, but I need something to get me through the night. Spent dinner time in the train back home. Gonna dive into the fridge and snack away the first of my sausages. See y'all tomorrow.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

I know...I know, I haven't been around much. I usually don't get around to the computer until late at night and by then I can't think of anything interesting to write about - but I do read everyone's posts.

I have been over to my Mother's apt a lot lately. She's slipping slowly (she's 95) so I have to help her out more than I used to. I started doing her laundry and cleaning and vacuuming and emptying the kitty litter. I already was food shopping and cooking for her most of the time. I found out that if I don't make her something... she doesn't eat. She says she's just not hungry.

The temp is only in the 50's and it has been raining at least once every day. I hate to see the seasons change... but what can ya do? At least the leaves turning color are beautiful. I have apple, cherry and red maple trees in my yard, they all look so pretty this time of year.

Yesterday I was on the expressway (around rush hour...busy traffic) and the car in front of me hit a deer! I've seen lots of deer that have been hit... but never actually saw one get hit. It really freaked me out! It was a huge deer with big antlers! It flew up in the air and landed on the shoulder right next to me! What the heck was a deer doing in the middle of a six-lane-highway at rush hour??? The driver was OK (I stopped to check on her) but I was freaked out. It was such a pretty deer.

Ann - Glad they are keeping you busy on the job. It's kinda nice to have the pace slow down once in awhile so you can do all the little things, I'll bet. A Trader Joe's just opened yesterday in our area! I've never been to one.... I can't wait to check it out! But I think I'll wait for the crowds to slow down a little! Now that the weather is cooler, you'd better do something about those "outdoor kitties". It's supposed to be a cold winter with a lot of snow!!

Vicki - Where did you ever find unpasteurized cider? I love the taste of it! I didn't think they could sell it anymore.

Tango - Barking dogs!! Uggghhh is right! It's hard when you have a dog and they all get to barking back and forth! Hopefully they won't be "visiting" the neighbor for too long!

Carolyn - Glad your tests are over and it was good news! I had a similar scare recently so I know how relieved you must be. Now you can concentrate on you cooking and baking! Very Happy It's too bad about the apples. isn't it? They are going to be really expensive this year!

Fan - Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Shopping and taking pictures... what fun! Glad the weather cooperated!

Hi to anyone else who stops in........ have a good weekend!
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone -

Martha - not up to me to do anything about those outside cats, they are Jim's responsibility. He has been taking care of them, not me -- plus they don't like me because I have chased them out of my flowerbeds. Wink

Fan - glad Jim checked our furnace a few weeks ago, we've had some cold mornings.

Axel - glad you both are keeping busy, that keeps the mind sharp & clear. I have a feeling, though, that neither of you are the type to sit around and do nothing. Smile

{{{Carolyn}}}

Vicki - there is no way we can go with out turning the furnace on here...too close to the Lake, so we get the bitter wind. And it makes the house very cold. I don't like to be cold!!

Tango - that is one thing at night that I can't stand, a barking dog. Sad Mad I have hollered out my window at the house with 3 dogs...and I haven't been the only one, all the other neighbors have been complaining too so now if the dogs bark, they are quick to come out and get them. We also have a bark law in the area.

Wasn't busy again yesterday, but I am still working on my cleaning project and I am almost done. We had 3 little critters, we are back up to 5 now.

Better get around here, head in shortly.

Take care,
Ann

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: