BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TGIFriday 10/12/2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: TGIFriday 10/12/2012 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, from a drizzling wet low land have a happy day Wink

We'll probably have cocktails inside instead of on the pavement, because of it. Sad
Ann-Marie, I take it that Jim's going to do the household chores today. Will Lady Gaga help him too Wink
PattiT, sad and happy. The new flowers will not come up before the old ones have died off. And the curly kale you can use in a potato mash and fried cured bacon cubes with gravy and meatballs at the side. I think you are already in a wedding mood today. Laughing Have fun tomorrow.
Nubbins, I should plan a trip to Florida right now when the weather is fine. Though the thunderstorms scare me off. Qui is indeed quite lucky with only her computer damaged.
Hopefully this will be my last cold weekend for this year. Monday morning my furnace will be started up.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - nah, he talks to Leo & Willow...he's not much into listening to the stereo. He tells me "helper kitty was helping me," meaning Willow. She does not miss a thing, Leo - he could care less, he sleeps. Smile
axellf
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Ann Marie and Margje,

It is a Great but cold day here in California. When I picked up the newspaper this morning at 6:10 it was only 50ºF. Don't remember the last time it was that cold, but the good news is that it will be 90ºF again next week. We too had rain and thunder yesterday, but thank goodness no lightening. It started to heavy sprinkle when we left Costco yesterday and an hour later we had pouring rain and thunder.

Ann Marie is your husband a veteran? If so than he should purchase everything for home repair at Lowe's, because those of us who are veterans and active military receive a 10% discount, but you have to ask for it and show proper ID which is a VA card for veterans and DOD card for active military.

Have a Super Day!

Aloha ke Akua,
Axel & Kathie

http://bakespace.com/axellf

http://www.facebook.com/AxelLaFontaine
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Nubbins, I had heard about that garage collapse. I think the papers that I had got about the collapse was trying to say that from the pictures etc. that they think it was demolished, an inside job, so to speak. Seems pretty far out to me.
I used to enjoy mowing also, it is kind of like when you know your house is all in order and everything clean. Love that feeling.
I agree with you about the friendliness of people in the south. I miss living there sometimes.
I think our throwing the windows open is done for this year. You will have to enjoy it for me.
**Fan, I hope you were able to enjoy the day even if it was drizzly. We have had our furnace on for a few days now, couldn't hold out any longer. Our dehumidifier bit the dust and damp and cold are not a good mix for a bad back. Enjoy your cocktail, it is more about who you share it with than where. Wink
**Ann, my cat was definitely NOT a helper with cleaning. He always was underfoot and the MINUTE I finished mopping a floor he would just have to walk across it.
**Axel, nice to see you. Sounds like you had a stormy day yesterday. My son worked at Lowe's and he said to cut back on their losses they had to change their military discount policy. Not sure if all stores stick to the new policy or not. Here is a link to their policy.
http://www.lowes.com/cd_In-Store+Services_745829091_#Military%20Discount

I got all my laundry done this morning, got the guest room all made up, I had to find some blankets for in there. I didn't think I was ever going to find them! Then after lunch I started feeling terrible. I am sure it is just stress. I am so on edge about this wedding tomorrow. I hope my sister can keep herself under control so that her daughter can have a wonderful wedding. I did get my wedding gifts wrapped. Now I am here with my trusty heating pad. My one son from Philly and his friend are coming here to take me to the wedding, hubby is going to work until 3 and it would be cutting it close.
I need to get things going for dinner and see what I can do about the wrinkling of my clothes for tomorrow. I REALLY do not want to have to drag out the iron and ironing board. Sigh.
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ya'll - on a friends puter - the lightning strike was bad - so far -1 1/2 computers - 3 TV's - 1 wall in Kitchen = no electric - A/C works - but no heat - exhaust fan - microwave ... and counting... not fun -

Life goes on... will check back when I can ...

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: