BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY, October 15th, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: MONDAY, October 15th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

We had such a gorgeous day yesterday, was sunny most of the day and warm too. Did our grocery shopping, came home, ate a chicken sandwich then went to the park and walked up and down stream of Elk Creek. Strange, downstream the trees are all yellow and pretty, upstream they were still green.

Jim mowed yesterday, he's trying to keep a head of the leaves that are falling. Can hardly tell this morning that he even mowed out front! Already a carpet of leaves out there again.

Fan - your onion bacon pie looked good.

Guess I had better get around here, need to take Willow to the vet so they can check her over.

Take care,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a brilliant start of the week Very Happy

I'm having a blast tonight. My house is comfortably warm, the furnace is started up and is still burning on low, but it already makes a big difference.
Compared my consumption of electricity and gas with what is counted as average. Seems I use a lot less than most people. Money wise that adds up to about 17 Euro a month less to pay. Nice, cause I wasn't even aware of it.
Ann-Marie, sounds like you had a blast yesterday. Poor Jim, how long does he think he can keep up with the leaves falling? A week? Hopefully Willow is okay. Is it just a regular check or does she have a problem?

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleas. Evil or Very Mad
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck! But I guess it's the time of the year for it. My neighbour has been selling a lot of sprays against fleas lately.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Y'all:

My silly big dog (Max) had a bath on Friday & Sunday morning when I let him out to do his business he came in covered in donkey poo....again Shocked
Then wanted to come sit on the sofa with me. Needless to say he had another bath last nite. Each time that I let him out today I tell him to stay in our yard....so far so good.

Have been working on Ancestry account for hours this morning. Have to wait for a clear headed day & today was it!

Can't stay..gs need internet.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - as long as we don't get lots of rain he should be able to mow them once a week -- or at least before it snows. Wink Very Happy Ugh, poor Willow has been having trouble big time with fleas, they gave her two pills and put flea medicine on her. Also bought some for Leo too. Poor kitties, they hate that stuff...must burn their skin. Sad Sad

Pat/nubs - must be the week for pets. Smile

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

I just typed a big long post and the the little kitty jumped on the keyboard and I lost it all!! Evil or Very Mad

It's been in the 50's and raining off and on. I've been trying to keep up with the leaves too. It's a never ending job. I hate to let them pile up... because pretty soon we will be getting snow and then it's really hard to get them off the grass before they kill it all. We've already had a frost... so it won't be long now. I think if I can get out there tomorrow, I'll blow them all up around the bushes and see if they'll stay there and act as mulch for the bushes. With my luck, they will all blow back on the lawn as soon as I'm back in the house.

Jim took me to his golf banquet over the weekend. The food was fabulous and I got to meet all his golfing buddies. That means golf is all over for the year (Yay! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy)

Ann - Isn't it sad when the kitties get fleas? Poor things are going crazy with the itching! After it happened a couple of years ago, I started putting the monthly medication on my two during spring and summer. Everybody says I'm crazy... but it's worth it to me not to worry about them. My cats (almost) never go outside... but Jim and my daughter have dogs and they could bring fleas in on their clothes or shoes ...... Or I could have them on me when I mow the grass and come back in the house. With all the wild animals around my house, I just know they are loaded with fleas!! Anyway, crazy or not.... they haven't gotten any since I started doing that.

Fan - Sooooo you're all warm and toasty with the heat on? Isn't it funny how a few months from now we will be thinking these temperatures would be downright balmy??!

Nubbins - Silly Max!! So he hasn't put two and two together and figured out that rolling in smelly stuff = another BATH!!

Hi to anybody else that shows up..............
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening friends. I am headed for bed soon but thought I better stop in here first. The weekend went beautifully. The weather for the wedding was perfect, sunny and mild. The wedding for my niece was at a golf course and the wedding was outdoors overlooking the beautiful golf course with a pond with a fountain behind them. Then we moved indoors and the reception was held in a huge room that looked like an elegant cabin with huge ceiling to floor windows. My sister was being on her best behavior. The bride and groom left this morning for Jamaica. I am so happy for them.
Yesterday morning my son and his friend took me along while they went apple picking and left some here with me. My son had to be at work at 2 so they couldn't stay as long as we would have liked. I almost forgot to tell you, they had called me the morning of the wedding and asked if I would like to have my hair done for the wedding. I told them no, I was fine but they said they knew that I would like it. They told me not to worry about it they would call and get me an appointment. They came and whisked me away to get my hair done, they told them to do anything I wanted. They tried to talk me into getting my nails done and makeup but I said I never wear makeup and it would feel weird to me. My son went and paid for everything while I was still back behind getting my hair done. Sneaky sneaky.
In the evening we picked up subs and went to my other sons to spend the evening out on their deck and then had a fire in the chimenea going. I am sure we won't see too many evenings like that anymore.

**Ann, poor kitties I hope the fleas will be gone for good soon.
**Martha, your Jim is finishing up his golf season and my hubby is just getting into his major hunting season, sigh.
**Qui, wow, that sure seems like a lot of damage, I hope you had homeowners insurance.
**Nubbins, I hope you have erased all stinkiness from the pooch. I really hope that your step=daughter has gotten her check by now.
**fan, sorry to hear that your weekend was a washout. It is nice when the furnace can get rid of some of the cold humid air isn't it. I think our comparison with our neighbors on the consumption of utilities is way off, it is saying we use almost twice what our neighbors use.
**Martha, you are right, our cat was always an indoor cat but we were advised that we could bring them in on our clothing from just walking through the grass. The golf course where the wedding was held was closing on Sunday, I didn't even know that golf courses closed. Hubby and others say that is what the orange balls are for, so you can see them in the snow!!

I gotta get myself off to bed. Good night everyone.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: