BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FRIDAY, October 26th, 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: FRIDAY, October 26th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everybody,

Martha - yes, two cavities. Sad Sad One on the bottom and then one on the top, right above it. Was up at 3 AM to take an Advil to help stop the pain. The second time in my life I couldn't wait to go to the dentist Exclamation Exclamation

Fan - cool bug!!! It almost looks like what they call a stink bug over here, except they are a grayish/brownish color.

Not much to report today. Just glad I am off and the weather is suppose to be beautiful most of the day today...then the rain starts later this afternoon.

Take care!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, TGIF Laughing

Ann-Marie, you probably think otherwise considering your "date" with the dentist Sad . I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I don't know the nickname of the insect, but it should be a pretty common species in the USA. It specializes in softwood. In Europe it is an exotic, appearing in the late 90's for the first time in Italy and since 2007 or 2008 in the Netherlands.
My weekend has started, had a busy afternoon already with some cleaning, a cat nap and a grocery run Smile. Now I'm preparing for cocktail hour. It'll be indoors, because the temps are getting to uncomfortably for sitting outside.
Martha, I want my tee shirt and flip flop weather back! Wink Laughing

知人者智,自知者明
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
Stopping by to say hey!!
I'm having trouble with my blood pressure ended up in the ER Tuesday morning & they admitted me. I have been poked, prodded, x-rayed, ultra sounded, stuck by tons of needles, buckets of blood drawn. So home now with blood pressure meds & acid re-flux meds. Uggghhhhhhhhh was scary!! Have a follow up visit on Thursday aternoon.

Hope all y'all are well!!

Have a great day!!

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{Tango}} - take care of yourself!! Hopefully someone is around to peek in on you once in a while??

Had the cats out on the back deck:

Leo is forever watching the leaves from the doors, jumping at them, was fun to watch him in the leaves. Smile Willow just enjoyed herself, pushed them around with her nose...til the idiot down the street started his LOUD motorcycle up and scared her, she run for the door to get back in. Sad Evil or Very Mad He's the same one I've told you all about through the summer. Rolling Eyes

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did everyone get the newsletter and about the cookie contest? I clicked on the link and it says "Like" Us To Enter Cookie Contest. Confused Not everyone does Facebook.
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Tango, that's really scary. Hopefully the meds will be effective. Please keep us posted.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi People!!
Another nice day here. I went out and cleaned up the leaves (for now) I'm sure by tomorrow there will be just as many more. There is supposed to be rain and heavy winds... that should knock the rest of the leaves down! Then I'll have to find someone who can come over and clean my gutters for the season.

I'm cooking chicken and dumplings for supper. I wish Jim would get here, it smells so good that it's making me hungry.

Ann - Hope by now your teeth are all fixed and you're not suffering any more. Do you have dental insurance? I don't and it gets pretty expensive. I don't understand why dental is not covered by regular health insurance. It's just as important and can cause a lot of other physical ailments if it's neglected. Great pics of the kitties in the leaves!

Tango - How scary!! Hope you're feeling better now. We will all be thinking about you.

I agree with Ann about the "Cookie Contest" being exclusive to Facebook users!! Evil or Very Mad I would have thought that Babs wouldn't want to encourage people to leave Bakespace and go to Facebook!! I have come across this problem more and more lately... with coupons and other offers. I am NOT and I DON'T WANT to be on Facebook!! It's not fair to have other options available.

OK, that was my rant for the day!!

Hi to everybody else............
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD EVENING GIRLS......I'm getting here a wee bit late, but I have been busy most of the day and when I DID set down to rest it was when my Neighbor stopped over to bring the My Little Grandchildren a case of 4 different kinds of luncheon chips to share...she probably got them at Sams. Anyway she said they'll get enough candy for Halloween and she doesn't answer her door on Trick or Treat nite. I told her I was about to stop giving out candy, seems like it's us and one other house on the end of the street that have our light on and if I were a kid it wouldn't be worth it to me. Plus we usually spend $40 or more for candy, that's too much! Might go out to eat and be back when Tiffany brings the kids in so Jim and I can see the costume and give them their candy. Anyway we had a nice visit, she's the woman I told you all about who is in her 80"s and gets around alot better than me, her husband of 60 years passed away before I knew her and she started talking about how she missed him, I told her I wish we were friends back 5yrs. ago when he passed, I would have come over and helped her get through the rough spots. She told me today, that she considered us more than Friends ....we were Sisters. OK then we are Sisters and better Sisters than the ones I DO have!

Went for our drive yesterday to the Park, of course most ALL the trees are Brown now and alot on the ground. The part of the Park that has the Doggie park was busy with people and their Fur-babies and Kujo is NOT Social trained to inter-act with other dogs, so we found a picnic table close by to where we could see when they left and ate out lunch there. Poor Kujo Is having so much pain with his Arthritis that he didn't even want to smell in the leaves, just wanted to lay under the table and pant. Then the dog park came empty so Jim decide we go over there and get him a drink and let him smell around there and what he do?...found a place to POOP and then he was ready to go. Jim went over to get a bag so he could pick it up and Kujo had walked away and Jim had a real hard time finding it in all the leaves. Anyway we all, especially Kujo and I were more than glad to be home! I will say it was nice to be out and smell the Fall leaves!

Today has been a bust but day. I had a list full of people to call, Made some Brownies first thing this morning, Talked about going and get some lunch, but we talked too long and it would have been to close til dinner time, the Meatloaf wasn't my best, had Scalloped Potatoes and Applesauce with it, not exactly what I had in mind, but I was very nervous by the time Dinner time came. And here's why......

I called "Checks Unlimited" to order checks and I told her I wanted to order 1 box of Duplicates. She kept trying to sell me this that and the other and I said I only want one box of Duplicates...this went on for a few more times and Finally she says, OK your total will be $134.78. I thought I heard her wrong, so I ask her to repeat it, same price. I said No that's NOT correct....on my little order form here it says, one box of Duplicates is $3.98 and with S/H it would be a total of $37.85. Oh No, she said I can not order you 1 box over the phone , you need to order 4 boxes and that will be $134. 78. I don not need 4 boxes I just need 1. Sorry she said. I said well I'm sorry too, I'll order my checks somewhere else. Then she said Well I suppose since you have been a long time customer, I can take this , this and this off and that will bring it down for you...No thank you. OK, I go forgo the rules a bit and let you order 2 boxes and it will be $84.75. Are you kidding me, on my sheet...it says 2 boxes of duplicate checks is $31.98...that is a BIG difference between 84 and 32. Just CANCEL my order and I'll go somewhere cheaper. Can you believe that things have come up that much? Jim says it probably because most people do bill pay on-line and use their Debit for other things and never write a check. Well this one is going to do the same thing! Sorry for the rant, but she had me so upset, my heart was tightening up!

**ANN, So I know I really late asking you, but how did you do at the Dentist? Did he fill or pull? You also said you were off, did you recover from the dentist to enjoy our last beautiful day? I loved the pictures of Willow and Leo playing in leaves...cute pic. About the News Letter about the Cookies. Did you see it on the Home page of BakeSpace or was it in an E-Mail? I never go to my e-mail and hardly ever go to the home page. I could if you want check on FB.

**CAROLYN, So glad to have you stop in. It breaks my heart that you STILL are being so disrespected. With the way your health is and you know I've told you this many times. You need to have a "Family Meeting", grown-ups first and YOU need to delegate some of the jobs to the other adults there.You All need to be on the SAME PAGE about the kids. The MOTHER should be their direct adult and you next, that would take some stress off you. I don't care if they work outside the house or not, everyone can pitch in. I'd get a calendar out and jot down names and what their responsibility is for that particular day...it sounds childish, but if others aren't welling to take adult responsibility to help you run the house, you gotta do it like that. Then bring the children in and tell them THINGS ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE! Tell them what is expected out of them. EVERYONE NEEDS and secretly WANTS STRUCTURE!! You will feel so much better when YOU start putting yourself FIRST!

**FAN, That Bug has really pretty colors! Too bad it's days are numbered. Sounds like you got alot accomplished today. And now I bet you are still relaxing with a cocktail!

**MARTHA, I know that Hurricane Sandy is going to hit the coast line around Florida. I've been wondering what part of Florida Nubbins is in. I'll have to check that out. Do you live the coastal side of NY?I hope it fizzles out before it gets to all my friends on the coastal states. I bet if you don't see Sandy, you and I will definitely see alot of rain. Our weather report is already calling for rain starting tonite and clear into next week, with temps in the low 50's.

**TANGO, OH my word Tango, that was very scarey! I know the doctor at the ER probably didn't tell you anything, maybe because the tests hadn't come back yet, OR because they like for your Family doctor to talk to ya...even if everything is OK Do you have Family or Friends that can check on you? I'll be thinking about you and will keep you in my Prayers!

Well, it's just about 8 o'clock and I'm headed out to watch TV with my guy! Hope everyone has a good nites rest and I'll chat with ya on the wet week-end! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Girls....it's me AGAIN! Thought you had seen the end of me for the nite, didn't you? LOL!

OK, I MUST apologize for the very long Chapter today!

Also I see Martha you stopped in again and Was talking about the Cookie Contest.....I didn't know anything about it. BUT I MUST AGREE that It should be open to ALL BakeSpace Members. After all we are the ones that helped her start this from the ground up and we've been true by staying. I AM a FB Member, but basically to talk with Tiffany and see new pictures of my Grandchildren. We have lost alot of our members here to FB, But I try very hard to stop in everyday, sometimes since Jim's been off, I can't make it every day, but I will NOT forsake my Friends here. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends. Been busy with doing things for Gary's birthday and then trying to catch up with laundry and some cleaning. He didn't start working today until noon. I was trying to download some pictures of our drive etc. I couldn't get my Photobucket account to work so I tried something new. I hope everyone who wants to see the pictures will be able to. Let me know if I set it up right.
http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/.
I spent a lot of time today making little pies for Gary to take in his lunch. I told him I will not be making them again so he better enjoy them. With the device I have to crimp them you can only put about 2 teaspoons of filling in them and I had made about 3 quarts of apple pie filling. I made about 30 of them and then put the rest of the filling in a casserole dish and put a crumb topping on it and baked it.
**Debbie, I am so glad to hear that your legs are doing better. I hope that you will be able to visit with the grandchildren this weekend. I think you are right about not being able to get yard work done on the weekend. They are really hyping up terrible weather for the areas where a lot of us live. I hope they are wrong. One thing they are suggesting is making up lots of ice in case we lose power. I remember when we had lost power for days and what a mess it was for our food in the fridge and freezers. I figure it is easy enough to do and and doesn't cost anything.
**Ann, I hope you got your teeth taken care of and that you are feeling better soon. I loved seeing the kitties playing in the leaves, too bad their fun was cut short by noisy neighbors.
**Fan, I looked up that bug and they are found in the U.S also. I so wished that I would have had a camera this morning, there were two woodpeckers deciding whether to peck away at my deck, then I noticed a much larger woodpecker I think it may have been the father. They pecked about twice and decided to look for softer wood elsewhere. Your meal of the chicken and peanuts etc. sure looked very tasty. Sad, that it is too cool for sipping cocktails outdoors.
**Tango, that is very scary news. Are you taking care of yourself? I hope you find out what is wrong and are able to get things under control. We love you and would hate to see you not doing well. How have things at work been going?
**Martha, there is no keeping up with leaves is there. Hubby cleaned out our gutters and cleaned the sky lights last week, I think the leaves will probably need cleaned out again. Oh my goodness, chicken dumplings sound so good. I haven't had that in a long time. Not sure if I was smelling it and waiting that I would last long. I am definitely with you about the Facebook crap, it is so annoying that they want you to "like" them on Facebook in order to get a coupon!

I am starving, I need to go find something to eat. Have a good evening everyone.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: