BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Oct. 27th & SUNDAY, OCT. 28th, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Oct. 27th & SUNDAY, OCT. 28th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning Gals,

Was at the dentist office around 3:45, he told me the upper tooth had a big cavity and a small cavity between two teeth. Said if the ache doesn't stop he might have to do a root canal. The last time I had one of those done it was $500! Shocked Told Jim I hope what the dentist did and the filling it will quit hurting -- so far, so good. Now it's the bottom one that needs taken care of, it actually broke a part over the summer. Hope I can make it til Friday, kind of hurts this morning. Confused Rolling Eyes So tired of having my teeth ache/hurt. Evil or Very Mad

Fan/Martha/Debbie - I agree with Martha, why would you pull even more people a way from Bake Space when there is hardly anyone on here now?! I have no desire to be on Facebook, too many bad things happen on there. Plus I don't want to be "found" or "friended" by people that I don't care to associate with, people from long ago.

Just noticed the time, need to gather up my stuff, brush my teeth then head out the door, need to stop at the gas station before heading into work.

Take care,
Ann

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING ANN & OTHERS..... I have been pinned to the Weather Channel since 7 this morning. We are in for some very Dangerously HIGH Winds, the W.C. said could be as high as 100 mph! And that's for WV...I can't imagine the people living on the Eastern Cost! NYC is supposed to get hard and they are worried about the heavy rains flooding the Subway System, can you imagine and also the tall buildings getting damaged by the high wind. I pray to the good Lord above to keep us all safe!

Jim is out getting a hair cut and Tiffany and the kids are coming by today, it's cleaning day...well sorta!

**ANN, Sorry about your other tooth hurting. The Dentist charges a person way too much. Like I said yesterday, I'm on FB, but mostly only to talk with tiff and see pics, of the kids!

Well Jim just got in, so I better go see if he wants a bite to eat. Keep dry and stay safe. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie, Debbie and everybody else, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

It's almost freezing here, but the weather was wonderful. Sunny and dry. So I have very clean fresh smelling sheets on my bed tonight Very Happy . Spent the morning as usual and worked on my plants in the afternoon. Gave them a trim and put them back in the window sills of my living. They look pretty good after spending most of the summer in the yard. Then I made my self some celeriac mash with chives and köfta burgers for dinner.

Ann-Marie, so far so good on the upper teeth. Must be very painful and hard to bear. Say hello to the critters from me.
Debbie, hang in there. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully there won't be alarming headlines about the storm on my computer tomorrow morning. Have fun with the kids.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls. Feelin kind of bummed right now. Seems like just our luck, things are going good when BAM. We got a letter in the mail today from the Teamsters union, they are doing away with the retiree insurance plan that we were covered under. The price for their only other option for us is $850.00 each for us, with less coverage and higher copays just all around terrible coverage, and for that price!! Guess we better start looking around to see if we can find anything else. Why did I have to remember that I hadn't opened the mail, wish I would have opened it tomorrow instead. I am sure I wont be doing much sleeping tonight.
I spent the day gathering up containers to fill with water, to freeze and for household use if we need it. I sure hope it doesn't come to that, but it didn't cost anything so I figure better safe than sorry. I gathered up the frozen stuff in the big upright freezer and squeezed everything close together and surrounded them with ice.
On a brighter note, I filtered my limoncello and bottled it. I didn't even taste it, I want to have some gingerale or something to drink it in. Maybe I will take a little taste tomorrow, have a shot, just to make sure it is okay. Wink
I hope everyone here is able to escape the wrath of Sandy. Seems like most people around here are not taking it seriously.
**Ann, I just don't know what has happened to Babette, seems like she just doesn't care about building up this part of BakeSpace. I think it would be nice if we could get more members back here instead of trying to lure away the few left.
I hope you don't end up getting snow up your way. I am sure it will be just rain down our way. If it snows you can have the kitties checking out the snow on the deck instead of the leaves.
I sure hope that you don't need a root canal. I can't imagine dealing with toothaches as long as you have.
**Debbie, it sure looks like it could be a mess. Is it Tango that lives in N.C.? I hope she is okay. My son uses the subway to travel in Philly I hope that won't be affected. He will more than likely have to stay at work until everything is over. I told him. quite the sacrifice having to stay for days at the Ritz Carlton, ha ha. I think he said on Monday people were canceling their appts. at the Spa already, can't imagine they will have much business during the storm.
Jim should have picked me up, I need a haircut also.
**Fan, the olives in your picture look good, not sure I have ever had the other dishes on your plate. Doesn't Myo bother with the plants? Most cats seem to think plants are snacks.
**Nubbins, no snow predicted for Harrisburg, just lots of wind and rain. I am not sure if you need to be a member of the site, but if you would like to I guess that is what you would do. I didn't require passwords or anything so that none of us would have any problem seeing the pictures. If I get a chance tomorrow I want to post some pictures of my nieces wedding from the other week. Glad this storm didn't mean anything devastating for your area, you have had enough trouble to last awhile.
**Martha, I think you and Ann are the ones that need to worry about snow. What did you decide to bake? How could Jim resist seconds on chicken and dumplings? That would be hard. Tonight hubby finished off the apple crisp that I had made so no sweets here except what is in the freezer. You are right, I would hate not seeing the fall colors. Most places that we have lived had climates pretty much the same as PA.

I am glad that everyone was able to get on that site to see the pictures. I guess that is what I will have to do with them from now on.
Hope to "see' you all tomorrow.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING GIRLS.....Rain and More Rain and it's getting colder too....45* and it's almost Noon! I once in a while hear the word SNOW, but who knows. If all this rain would turn into snow, it would be a Blizzard! I have Family that lives in Richmond Va and she posted this morning on FB that the city has already closed down the Amtrak and the R.I.A. .

I can't write a Chapter today as I think I'm going to go lay down and take a nap, but first need to eat lunch first.

I'll talk to you all later. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

Hope you are all doing okay despite the bad weather forecasts. I had another freezing day in the sun, lasted till noon and then the clouds moved in. We had our switch to wintertime last night, so I had to reset the clocks. Especially the alarm clock for tomorrow morning Wink .
Spent my morning in the kitchen slow roasting a small ham and cooking dinner for lunch. Had an endive potato mash with fried bacon strips going with the ham.

PattiT, that's indeed a big bummer about retiree insurance. Myo doesn't see my plants as a snack, they are of the prickly kind Laughing .
Debbie, have a nice nap. What's up for lunch?
Ann-Marie and Martha, the forecasts don't look too good. Take care driving.

知人者智,自知者明
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

Hope all stay safe from the storm!!!
I had rain sideways, wind blowing good!! it's still yucky here Sad but I'm safe!! I started up the wood stove last night it got pretty chilly, I've still got it going!! I need to bring some more wood in before it gets dark

I took some chicken out of the freezer that I didn't cook last week & baked 4 breasts with Mrs. Dash's original salt-free seasoning. I'm baking a Boston Cream Poke cake to take to work. Only I didn't have a mix so I made one from scratch.

I want some spinach?? I'm following the DASH diet & it's so much food to eat??? I'm having trouble getting it all in. I am doing a food log too.

Fan your food looks fabulous!!!

PattiT, that stinks about your retiree insurance??!!!

Debbie stay safe!!!

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tango, thanks for the compliments. How are you today? Glad to hear you are safe from Sandy.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Not a drop of rain from Sandy, thank goodness. Gave us some nice breezes tho.

Patti it sounds like they are offering you a COBRA Plan, they are expensive & not worth the cost. I would check with your assorted doctors to see what insurance they all accept before making a choice of companies. Would hate for you to get all signed up & lay out the money just to get to an appt. to be told...we don't accept that insurance. Shocked

We don't have any benefits from the Teamsters - just his retirement. Same thing from the Operating Engineers

Was out working on the well pump again today...my water pressure is really low & no matter what I do it still won't come up. Guess I will need a new tank----Oh Boy. Whatever they cost it's too much & will have to wait.

Walked around today looking at the trees on the property. About 1/2 of them need to come down. My poor Granddaddy Oak right behind the house has just about reached the end of it's life I'm afraid. Their life span is 150 years & this one looks like it has seen 148 years It is soooo huge.

Hope everyone makes it thru the storm with no damage or hardship...

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: