BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekend-NOV 3 & 4, 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Weekend-NOV 3 & 4, 2012 Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Went to Lake City Thursday to buy meats, pick up scripts etc. My car ended up coming home without me. It broke down & I had to call AAA for a tow. My neighbor picked me up & helped me finish my shopping.

I am guessing it is the thermostat so we stopped at Autozone to get what I needed for the repair. Spent 4 1/2 hours yesterday pulling the front of the engine apart to get to the thermostat location. Only managed to remove 1 bolt, there are two. They used to be located where they were relatively easy to reach, not any more, Will probably take me all day today to get the other bolt out, my fingers are too short & there are things in the way I don't want to mess with.

Been up all nite - again. Getting ready to go out & start on the car again...wish me luck.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS....Alrighty then it's 8:00 am and it's barely light outside, but after Sunday we'll have more daylight this time of morning. Set your clocks back 1 hour! I had one of my worse nights sleeping. Leg hurt so bad, couldn't find a comfy place to lay and all I did was toss and turn. I know I had to be keeping Jim awake. I think I must have finally fell asleep about 5 or so and back up at 6:30, figuring it was time to get up. I feel a nap in my morning future. Jim's foot has been causing him some Xtra pain, he finally had to take a pain pill the other nite and itched all nite long (allergic reaction)!

On a much lighter more up-beat note, I do believe we are going to have another Beautiful day! One where the sun is out and the sky is a deep blue and even the temps will be warmer. Sure wish it would dry up all the leaves in our back yard though. On well we can't have everything. I'm very grateful for the nice days we've had and I almost feel guilty for enjoying them since there are so many thousands of people on the East Coast trying to cope with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, with NO HEAT, many cases NO HOME and some families have LOST Loved ones to the storm! I pray for them ALL everyday that Recovery and back to Normal comes quickly!

While I'm on the subject of the Devastation of the East Coast, What do you ALL think about NYC Mayor Bloomburg wanting to continue with the 25 mile Marathon this Sunday? He HAS since Cancelled the race, but I was SHOCKED that he would even consider continuing with it while his city was suffering so.

Not sure if My Youngins (Tiffany and the Kids) are coming in today. I sure miss them, not being able to see them much! I have found several Holiday related crafts that I think the kids and I could do together...Just need to get the supplies. I think they'd have fun doing them. IF the Youngins do not come today, I thought if Jim felt like it that we'd go see a movie or take Kujo to the dog park again...although he doesn't seem to be excited about that anymore....Poor dog is getting old and having pains like me.

**NUBBINS, I could say, it's a good thing you know how to do all the things you do! Otherwise you'd have to hire them done and that is way too expensive! Good luck with the Bolt today. Maybe your Grandson could help you, he's surely got longer fingers than you. Just a thought! ((Pat))

**TANGO, You have some pretty Awesome Friends to be angels like for you! Tis the Season for giving. Blood pressure too low, I had that problem after many years on BP meds and my doctor took me off it...so far so good!

**PATTI, I sure hope you find some Insurance soon. With your health you really can't be without it long. I wonder why they make it sooo darn hard to understand that stuff. I know what you mean by Not wanting to choose the wrong thing by mistake. Good Luck. Oh Yes, when I get finished here I'll be checking out the Wedding pics. Good idea about putting the link to them in your signature line.

**FAN, Yes, I don't think I'd want to travel in the bad weather...especially just to eat BUGS! I'd much rather stay home curled up with Myo and studying the books!

Well girls it's time for the good ole warm shower, the day is getting away form me. Hope everyone has a good week-end. If the kids come by tomorrow, I more than likely will not be here. Hello to other friends stopping by! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Today is a household "catch-up" day. Laundry is already started, and a lot more on my list.

Pat - Some car/truck repairs are a pain (literally). How old is your car? We have a 1993, because my husband wants to do his own car repairs. I hope it goes better today.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - I've already changed the alarm clock, and will change the other clocks this evening.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Not completely out of pain yet, he told me it would probably take a good two days for every thing to calm down. He said the bottom tooth had a deep cavity. Rolling Eyes The top one is still giving me a pain, but don't know if it's the same tooth he worked on last week. Might have to go back and have him take an x-ray...or it might be a radiating pain, don't know.

Talked to Mom this morning, she told me they had a good snow shower yesterday. Told me she was walking from Walmart to her car and was covered by the time she got to her car. Nothing stuck, ground is to warm and wet.

We had a visitor come into the house today. I opened the side door to throw out the garbage, Toes comes zooming in. Told Jim to come and get him out. He's like "where is he?" I shrugged, told him I didn't know. Toes & Leo were in the living room walking around!! LOL!! Laughing Toes was making himself at home!! Honestly, I think he was looking for Jim. Leo didn't mind he was in here...Willow, the hair on the ridge of her back was standing straight up. Toes walked out to the kitchen and took a nice long drink from their water fountain. Pretty soon his adventure came to an end and Jim put him back outside.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. It is showing some blue sky and sun shine today!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Take care,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon friends. Feeling miserable today. I think stress and changing medicines is taking a toll on me. I have an appointment on Thursday with a new Dr. Hooray! The Dr. I used to have has left the practice, I told them that made me very happy. After seeing how much my medications will cost, I decided to stop taking some of them and see how it goes.
**Nubbins, I have heard that in the newer cars seem to put things where you need special tools to get to them and only dealer repair shops have access to them. Not sure if that is true or not, but everybody seems to say things are a lot harder to get to. I hope you were able to fix things yourself.
**Debbie, I have all the people hit hard by Sandy on my mind also. I can not even imagine how awful it would be.
So sorry that you are in so much pain. I sure hope you are able to take a nap today since you didn't get any rest last night. Is Jim doing anything like keeping his foot up, ice, heat or anything. It is a shame that his foot is still bothering him so much.
I have been reading how sick your grandchildren have been. I hope Avayah (why can't I figure out how to spell that today?) and Cody feel better soon.
**Tango, you have some wonderful people in your life, it is so nice to know that you have people caring about you. You have enough to worry about with getting your blood pressure under control.
**Vicki, I am working on some laundry today also. Not sure if I will be up to tackling anything else.
**Ann, so funny, Toes, coming in for a visit. My son has had that problem, but with his neighbors cats, wanting to come in. Willow was letting Toes know that this is her house and she is NOT accepting visitors! Wish we were having some sun today, it has been dreary here for way too long.
**Martha, what have you been up to?
**Fan, do you think you will really taste the bugs. In high school we could earn extra credits if we would eat chocolate covered ants or grasshoppers, uh no. No extra credits for me. I bet Myo would enjoy a few tasty insects.
I don't envy you will all your studies, my brain seems to be mush lately and I can't imagine remembering much.

Gotta go put the towels in the dryer.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Are all your clocks ready for winter? Wink We changed last week, my clocks are switched. But my internal clock isn't functioning yet. And I'm so depending on my internal clock and daylight observations since I don't carry a watch for nearly 30 years.
Ann-Marie, hope everything settles down quickly and the pain disappears. Poor Willow, she's probably more territorial than Leo.
Nubbins, good luck on the car fixing. Hope you can get the bolt out.
Debbie, the bug eating event is tomorrow and I think I'm gonna have a taste Laughing . As for my books, I did manage to go through the reading material despite of falling a sleep on the couch half way. But I haven't been able to work on the computer assignment yet Sad . Enjoy the beautiful weather and take Kujo to the dog park. If not for him then for the both of you enjoying the nice weather before winter kicks in.
Vicki, my laundry is just hanging out indoors Evil or Very Mad , because of the rain.
PattiT, if you stop taking some meds you might as well talk it over with the new doctor first. He may be able to give you advice on which meds you might skip and which ones you shouldn't. And as for the bugs I think I'm gonna try. My neighbour and the apprentice boy both bought a cook book on how to prepare insects today. Two years ago my friend Danielle tried.

Myo eats bugs even without chocolate Laughing
But I bet you might consider my dinner much more appealing; noodles with steamed minced meat pies.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

The sun was out for a little while this morning but it's only 38°F. Yesterday it hailed for about 5 minutes.... it's looks so funny to see little ice balls bouncing all over! They are using the word SNOW in the forecast...ugh!

Nubbins - Bummer that you're having car trouble. You are so lucky that you "know" about cars and stuff! I just call AAA and hope for the best. If they tell me I need a new whozy-what on the dosy-flot all I can do is say sure and pay for it! Hope you can fix it!

Debbie - It's got to be awful when you can't sleep because you're hurting. Then you'll feel worse the next day because you're so tired. Thank God I rarely have that problem, but Jim is like that all the time. He almost never gets to sleep before almost dawn! I don't know how he ever did it when he worked full time! Rolling Eyes I hope you get a chance to take a nap this afternoon.

Ann - Poor Toes! He wants to come in where it's warm. It's funny that Leo didn't mind... you would think he would be the one that got territorial.

Pattit - I hope the new doctor can help you. You can't just stop taking your meds!! At least mention it to the new doctor and he'll tell you which ones you can cut out - if any.

Fan - Did you got to your bug lecture today or is that tomorrow? Be sure to tell us how they taste Shocked You'd better come back with recipes... this is a foodie website after all!

I haven't been doing much lately. I think I've already switched over to hibernation mode! All I've been doing is sitting around reading and playing solitaire. I spend an hour or two at my Mother's each day... but other than that - I haven't done much. Disgusting, isn't it? Ahhh... retirement!

Hi to anybody else who stops in. Hope to see some sunshine tomorrow!
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fan. You must have been typing at the same time I was! That's a bug your friend is eating??? It looks yellow! Maybe a "pretty" bug wouldn't be so hard to eat!!! It would be hysterical to see that bug cookbook!!
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martha, she was eating buffalo worms on toast. Check it out on: http://topinsect.net/Buffaloworms.php . They seem to have a nutty taste Laughing
Unfortunately the book is written in Dutch. But the internet may have recipes in English. I haven't actively been searching for them yet.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: