BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TUESDAY, November 6th, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: TUESDAY, November 6th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

I'm sure many of you in the US will be at the voting polls today. Be glad to have it over, have any of you noticed that now they are polluting our mailboxes with their brochures and such?! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Not pleased with that...from one guy we were getting two and three each day. Mad

Vicki - my sweatshirts are usually out all year round, have them hanging in the extra bedroom closet.

Fan - interesting bug pictures. What does a buffalo worm taste like?? Is it meaty?

Have a funny kitty story for ya! Threw a blanket over Leo the other night, so he wiggled til just the tip of his nose was out. Willow came over to inspect, to see what he was doing. The next thing I know Leo moves and Willow rather swiftly smacks him in the nose!! Then she runs a few steps, stops and sits down. I was laughing hysterically at these two!! It was so quick, if I had blinked I would have missed the whole thing! Silly cats!

Hoping the weather straightens out soon, ready for some sun shine.

Take care,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

I don't know how many of you in the US have early voting (or, voted with absentee ballots), but I am waiting until mid-morning to vote. Hoping the long lines will shrink, once most people are at work and children dropped off at school.

Ann - 1) Total agreement about the political junk mail. (However, the Postal Service must be happy with the extra income.) 2) What a cute story about Leo and Willow.

Fan - 1) Question: If you served these worms and/or insects within a meal (stir-fry, casserole, etc...), would people notice? When introducing new flavors, I would often chop the ingredient so it would blend in with other ingredients. They would like the taste, but would not know where it came from. OR, are these served as snacks. 2) Walking through sand dunes is tiring, especially with hiking shoes! No wonder you were stiff.

Have a great day!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Been working on that stupid truck since friday. I am finally to the point of putting it back together, if I thought getting the bolts out was hard...they are even harder to get back in. My hands are a mess from trying to get them into spaces too small for them. GS's fingers are longer than mine so he did get the bolts started for me but he too didn't have enough room so since my fingers are smaller than his I took over.

Borrowed neighbor's suv sun. to get groceries. Will have to borrow it again today to vote, bank, feed store runs. Will also fill up gas tank.

No working on the truck today, taking a break from it before I beat it to death with a hammer.

{{{Carolyn}}}

My Blazer is a 1994-all bolts are metric & yes I do agree that they design the vehicles now to force you to take them to a dealer or repair shop to be fixed.

See Y'all, going to vote.

Take care y'all...

nubbins1
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, had a post all ready right before lunch and lost it. I was saying I too will be so glad to be done with the political calls, political surveys, political mailings, politiical t.v. ads etc etc etc. All the money spent on this stuff is outrageous. I also got one of those mailings from "Americans for Limited Government" with information on which neighbors of mine have voted and those who have not!! They said they will be surveying again after the election and mailing the same information again. I went to their facebook page and told them how heinous I thought this type of thing was. A lot of people have been outraged. I got the home address of the president of this place and will be mailing him a piece of my mind.
Enough ranting. I am determined to vote today, I have a very serious case of diarrhea. I think it has been 3 weeks now, I will be very glad to get to the Dr.s on Thursday! If I have to ask to go to the front of the line I will, because I refuse to let this keep me from voting.
**Ann, I usually have a sweatshirt or two out year round, never know when you might need one, same with a few t-shirts.
Pets can be a source of great joy can't they. It is so nice that Willow and Leo get along so good.
**Vicki, I second Debbie's sentiment about being grateful that you keep the recipes of the month going. I think I will post my recipe for apple bread that I made this week.
I usually have someone to take me to the polls when they are less crowded but his year I have to wait for hubby to get home from work, I hope the lines wont be too bad.
My son was messaging me from the Dominican Republic this afternoon and he told me that he had voted absentee weeks ago. I have him, that always votes, one that never votes and one that usually votes. Wish I could get them all voting all the time, but what is a mother to do?
**Pat, you have WAAAAAAY more patience than me to be still working with that truck. You certainly deserve a break. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. It is great that your neighbors are willing to lend you a vehicle to help you out. I think people in the north are much more guarded with letting people borrow cars. Once again, the south wins in the friendliness category.
Guess I will go try to get myself together so that I will be ready when husband comes to pick me up to vote.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

I had a beautiful quiet morning view over the canal, when I walked to the office.

But the quietness was a forebode to the storm on my head on the way back home Laughing
Nubbins, good luck voting. I'll follow the elections on tv.
Ann-Marie, Myo often stays under the blanket if I throw it over her. She sometimes tries to wriggle in by her self, especially when I'm under the blanket. Laughing. A buffalo worm is crispy and has a nut flavor. It reminded me slightly of toasted pine kernels.
Vicki, to be honest I wouldn't know. So far I only ate them fried as they were or in a stir fry with noodles. But if you'd chop them up and mix them with a bit of cream cheese, then serve it on crackers you might get away with it.

I sure hope none of you are suffering from arachnophobia, cause the pic below is the best I took last Sunday; the beauty and the beauty. Laughing Laughing

PattiT, I almost missed your post. Wink . Sorry to hear you are not feeling too well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Patti...I have thrown in the towel & asked someone I know to come finish the job. My hands ache so much I have had to heat up my wax thingy & dip both hands more than once every night. The heat of the wax really helps---until it gets cold, then it's time to dip again.

I do have good neighbors...but...I bribe her with Dairy Queen Smile Smile Smile
When she & her dh go out he won't stop at the DQ---EVER so when she & I go out I get her to stop at DQ. Sneaky but fun.

Have to do it at least 1 more time, need to go to the bank sometime today & hopefully my truck will be back in running order Thursday.

Well y'all take care...

nubbins1
axellf
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all you wonderful people,

Ann Marie like everyone else we too received lot of political information in the mail but that is ok, because one local company who makes 90% of the political ads had to hire more people, so it helped the local economy.

Vicki for the first time we voted by mail this year, because it has become too difficult for Kathie to stand too long.

Margje so as you know I like most of your pictures, but got the creeps from that picture of that spider crawling over that girl's face. In fact regardless if we see a spider inside or outside the house we kill them. In fact we subscribed to a service of Terminex where they spray for insects every three months, and since they have been spraying on a regular basis we have not seen any insects around the house.

Have a Super Day!

Aloha ke Akua,
Axel & Kathie

http://bakespace.com/axellf
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx Axel Wink Laughing

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: