BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TUEDAY, November 13th, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: TUEDAY, November 13th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Fan - beautiful picture! Our sunrise was pretty too, for about 15 mins. Sad Watched it when I had gotten up, made tea & toast came back in and it was already covered by a big black cloud.

Debbie - do you have a portable oxygen tank??

Vicki - cold here too, they were saying possible slushy snow this morning but I don't see anything laying out there ---- thank goodness!!

Was off yesterday..didn't do much, just puttered around mostly. Went up to Thrifty Shopper and then over to the grocery store, came home and we played Scrabble for a little bit.

That darned wind, it got nasty later in the afternoon. Went outside to put Rain-X on my windshield, glad I did it poured when we went up the TS. And Jim mowed the leaves, got them all chopped up plus with that wind it helped move them to the back woods. Smile

Better get around here.
Take care,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a crazy couple of days, my youngest son was admitted to the hospital on Sat. He finally got out last evening. He apparently didn't want to waste a minute of his time at the villa in the Dominican Republic, and also partied a little (no wait a LOT) while he was there. When he got off the plane in Philly, the friend that went with him said he just was not acting like himself and seemed to be getting worse and worse. Right after they picked up their dog at the spa (yes I said spa) she decided Nick needed to go to the hospital. They found his heart rate was too fast, he was dehydrated, suffering exhaustion and they thought he was delirious because he kept telling them he couldn't stay because he needed to see his dog. They don't know Nick and Tina like I do, after being away from their dog that long they really wanted to be with him. They admitted him, started IV's and pumped him full of stuff to hydrate him, and lots of medicine to make him sleep. Tina did not want to leave his side but they threatened to have her thrown out. I am so glad that she was there, made him go to the hospital and looked out for him while he was there. She said they kept bringing him coffee! She had to keep telling them that with a racing heartbeat that would not be something he should be drinking. Sounds like she did everything I would have done. Stinkers did not want to worry me so they didn't call until Sunday evening. Anyway, I have been sitting by the phone for the last couple of days.

I also had a call in to the scheduling office for my gastroenterologist, they finally were able to get me in. DECEMBER 14!! I don't know how I will wait that long. But I guess I don't have a choice. Sad

I have read everybody's posts, but I am going to have to close for now, I have to keep running to the bathroom, well maybe we shall say moving as fast as this body can, tee hee.

Oops, I forgot to say, I am playing nurse to Madison, she fell in the shower locker room at school yesterday and is in a lot of pain. Mom is going to try to get her in to see if she needs x-rays or anything. Tile can be pretty hard when you fall on it. Ouch.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me. Talk to you soon.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing afternoon and evening Very Happy

I'm pooped after spending the day in class. Luckily I had some leftover hutspot to put in the oven enabling me to sit out cooking time on the couch going through the newspaper Wink .
PattiT, looks as everything is happening at the same time at your place. And waiting for a month to see the gastroenterologists doesn't help either. Have they been able to find out what's wrong with Nick yet? And poor Madison.
Ann-Marie, it indeed was a pretty sunrise. This morning it was a totally different story. The sun stayed behind a thick wall of fog. But it looks as if tomorrow will be much better. This week only has another two days for me, office for tomorrow and congress in Utrecht on Thursday. We as information professionals are in for a pep talk by an astronaut there Laughing

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Y'all:

Well, I took the green monster out for a run yesterday to the auto parts store for a radiator cap, headlight. Ran just fine. Stopped at one of gs's buds to pick him up, shut off the motor & guess what....it wouldn't start Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Had to call again for a tow. I have a few suspicions about the problem this time-fuel pump or a relay switch. Not touching it today, working on something else.

I am taking out a back door my dh insisted we needed. Because of storm Debbie the house shifted & I couldn't get the door open. Not that we ever use it. I'll close up the opening with plywood temporarily until I decide whether to put in a window or just leave it solid, leaning toward leaving it solid.

I'm thinking about enlarging the opening of the front door & putting this door in its place.

Have been seriously thinking about trying to get a home equity loan -- paying off all the bills & buying myself a Smart car. I don't travel that far from home & all I need is something to get around in that won't break down.

Gotta go get back to the door.

Y'all take care...

Hope everyone starts to feel better...

Patti hope Madison hasn't done serious damage to herself with that fall...

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: