BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, WEEKEND - November 17 & 18, 2012 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, WEEKEND - November 17 & 18, 2012 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Guess what!! Forecasts show we may be in the 50's for the next 7 days. Woohoo! Is it spring yet?

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a few minutes, I'll be washing a few sweaters. Then, there are a lot of "little" time consuming chores. I hope to get everything finished... then, enjoy time outside this lovely afternoon.

Ann - I'm glad your snow has come and gone. Totally agree with you about drivers going to fast for conditions!

Fan - Last week, I made arrangements with Melissa regarding Sinterklaas and the parade. Is your shopping finished?

PattiT
- Yep.... you're guilty of bribery! Smile

~~Vicki

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Vicki, I'm so jealous. I'm waiting for the sun to come through the clouds and fog for days already. Our weather is chilly and damp. The pavements and roads are wet without raining. No use trying to hang my sweaters outside.
My "Sinterklaas" shopping is almost finished, still need to get some "speculaas" and then wrap it up and send it out to Tokyo. Laughing
But Vicki, you are not ready for Sinterklaas without the latest Sinterklaas hitsong by Piet Pablo. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91rB6AJLy6c
Laughing Laughing Wink Your grandchildren will love it.

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - Thanks for posting the link to the Sinterklaas song. I'll be sure to share it with the whole family. Do you like speculaas? As a child, I recall so many people in Dutch communities served the smaller speculaas all year.

~~Vicki

P.S. I hope you share your Sinterklaas pictures this year. Smile

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki, I love speculaas Very Happy Laughing . And we still do eat the smaller speculaas cookie all year round. I have found you another Sinterklaas hit song, it was released in 1982 and has become a classic since, next to the traditional ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5nBdXq-zPg&feature=related

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew, I am feeling so weak and tired today. Monday the Dr. will be testing for C-dif, I hope and pray that I don't have that again. Two weeks in the hospital with it before is something I would not want to repeat. My son brought me some sports drinks today, I hope that they will make me feel a little stronger.
Madison broke her own record this week in the butterfly, at this rate we will be broke ha ha. We promised her $10.00 spending money every time she breaks a record, last week she broke the school record and now this week she broke her record from last week. I guess she tattled on Mommy, she said she didn't get her money last week, Mommy put $60.00 in the bank for me. I said hmmm well 50.00 of it was supposed to go in your savings account and $10.00 of it was for you to spend.
**Vicki, that was cute, the "note" in the box of your graphic. I think we are in for good weather for a while also. It will be nice to not have to worry about snow for Thanksgiving.
My bribery worked, son was on the way over here when I asked him to stop and get me some sports drinks on the way here. He said the cookies could be swapped for the drinks. His wife it in Atlanta until Monday and I think he is at loose ends as they say.
**Fan, sounds like you have been having some pretty dreary weather. I think I remember your getting your Sinterklaas shopping done in record time last year. Do you have any tips for me? Like Vicki I remember some wonderful pictures from you last year of your beautiful shops etc. You know we are always happy to see your part of the world.

See you all tomorrow.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PattiT, sorry to hear you are not feeling so well today. I'll keep my fingers crossed. The bribery obviously worked Wink, though you better be careful with it, cause it may come back to you Laughing .
From last years Sinterklaas shopping I can't recall anything at all. I don't think I did much shopping then, cause I was still crutching around. But two years ago I was late and indeed managed to get things in a split second at the very last moment Rolling Eyes
This year Sinterklaas will be in my street on December 1st, probably he'll be entering the city next Saturday. I still have to check on that. The shops have started to prepare their shop window, so I'll be on the look out from now on.

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - My grandchildren will definitely recognize Sinterklaas in the second song. Shhhh! We have the smaller speculaas in a cookie jar now!! Smile

It's not fair that your Sinterklaas comes before ours!! Sad

Patti - I hope the sports drinks help. Congratulations to Madison! AND, good for you.... the bribery worked. Smile (I'm glad you liked the graphic.)

~~Vicki

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in a good mood this morning. Those two outside cats have been peeing and pooping all around the house, mostly in my flower beds. Not pleased. I think it's time they go to Orphan Angels Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

And what someone doesn't seem to understand, where one cat goes so will others. Evil or Very Mad
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a fantastic Sunday Very Happy

Hopefully with hot water and sun Wink . My hot water supply died upon me and I woke up with a soaring headache this morning. No soothing shower, but boiling kettles of hot water. Evil or Very Mad . So I wasn't a happy trooper either. Crashed down on the couch afterwards and slept the headache away Smile . Still feeling a bit groggy.
I think I'm going to make a lasagna for dinner tonight, but first I need to get me some coffee.
Ann-Marie, make that someone work in the flowerbeds in Spring and Autumn, might teach him a lesson Wink .
Vicki, there are a lot more Sinterklaas songs on Youtube. Try to find a group called "VOF de Kunst". They have an album called "Sinterklaas met VOF de Kunst" with almost all of the classic songs.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: