BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WEDNESDAY, November 21st, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: WEDNESDAY, November 21st, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone!

Fan - that pic you took the other day, with the trees lit up, very pretty. Guess they are having "light-up nights" here in PA in different cities. They are lighting up their Christmas lights, some of them are really pretty.

Pat/nubs - I feel for you...we have all been in that situation. Please take one day at a time. It's easy to get flustered and overwhelmed. We just had that happen ourselves -- hot water tank, Willow being sick and taken to the vet, and my car. Sad Will say a prayer for you.

Debbie -
Clostridium difficile (klos-TRID-e-uhm dif-uh-SEEL), often called C. difficile or C. diff, is a bacterium that can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon. Illness from C. difficile most commonly affects older adults in hospitals or in long term care facilities and typically occurs after use of antibiotic medications.

In recent years, C. difficile infections have become more frequent, more severe and more difficult to treat. Each year, tens of thousands of people in the United States get sick from C. difficile, including some otherwise healthy people who aren't hospitalized or taking antibiotics.

Mild illness caused by C. difficile may get better if you stop taking antibiotics. Severe symptoms require treatment with a different antibiotic.

We are up to 9 critters, has been fluctuating quite a bit in the past few weeks. They are all so adorable!!

Sitting here watching the sun rise...it's a clear sky and it's an orange-ish color on the horizon -- very pretty.

Have been watching Willow the past few nights, she is so funny!! She does this most of the time when I come home from work. She will see Leo, run side ways and be all puffed up, then she runs like crazy through the house with him hot on her trail!! Laughing Laughing Jim says, "they are happy you are home." Smile Such silly kitties, lots of entertainment.

Have to work Thanksgiving day, don't mind...did it for the extra $$$, Christmas is coming you know. Wink Bought turkey thighs and will get the stuff ready tonight when I get home.

Better get around here, have a few things to do then head out for the day.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

My errands are finished for Thanksgiving Day. As we prepare for Thanksgiving, Melissa and I are jotting down "family tried and true recipes" which are already gluten-free that we can serve for Christmas.

Ann
- Thanks for the reminder about turkey thighs. I used to bake turkey thighs and stuffing when our family was smaller. This would be a great meal for Karl and I.

Patti (gramma) - You are certainly ready for Christmas decorating.

Debbie
- How is work going for Jim?

Fan - Do businesses, the university, government offices etc... shut down for Sinterklaas?

((Pat)) - My heart goes out to you. I wish we lived closer so I could help in some way.

((PattiT)) - I hope you will receive the results of your test(s) soon. Please take it easy as you prepare for Thanksgiving.

Whether you are staying home or traveling, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and weekend!

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Ann and all others who stop by today.
The power of prayer! I had C-diff a few years ago and was hospitalized for 2weeks, that time my sons church prayed for me and suddenly I turned the corner and the antibiotics started working. My C-diff test came back negative and my diarrhea that I have had for over 5 weeks, suddenly stopped. Silly me, I pray every night for others but never remember to pray for myself, the first night I remembered to pray for myself, in the morning I got word from the Dr. that the test was negative. Now it has been about 24 hours with no bathroom issues. I feel like I am getting my strength back, good thing because I have a lot to do to get ready for Thanksgiving.
**Pat, I am so sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. I think anyone in your situation would be feeling like you. Please feel free to come here and "talk" to us, it might help. I think I am safe to say that we all care about you. Is there anything any of us can do to help? (((Pat)))
**Vicki, two totally different meals in two days, good thing you like cooking and baking. I agree with your, having family living nearby it an amazing blessing. That is odd about the complete turkey dinner being in orange.
**Gramma, nice to see you popping in, I have been wondering how you all are doing.
It is nice to be able to go to Kris's for Thanksgiving dinner, and I am sure she appreciates that you are going early to help her.
Good luck with getting a decent settlement. The guy that hit me and ruined my life was a drunk and had no money so all I got was what his insurance was for. After bills etc, not a lot left.
**Debbie, Seems like Kujo makes a nice foot warmer. How is Jim doing now that he is back to work? I hope it doesn't cause him too much pain. I have a lot to accomplish, but I think I can do it. Hubby keeps saying he is going to help, but so far his help has consisted of cleaning up after himself?!?!
**Fan, how did your meeting go? I am feeling better today, good thing and like I said an answer to prayer.What do you like when you get Chinese food?
**Ann, 9 critters, I bet they are cute. When I hear you talking about how much fun your cat's have together it makes me think I should have had two cats instead of one. Two of my sons had two cats, one son's cats who are not related get along so well and the other one's were brother and sister and they fought all the time. I guess you just don't know how it is going to go. You are so lucky that they get along so well.

I have been sitting with the heating pad while I am typing, it is always something. Of all things, I pulled something in my back putting the shower head back up where it belongs?! I think it hurts even worse today. Sore or not, I gotta get busy. I will see you all sometime Friday. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sorry you have to work Ann, but I sure understand wanting to get some holiday pay.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, it is going to be a busy day, so I need to get a move on. I made a triple chocolate cake yesterday for my SIL Marc[Jessica's dh] tomorrow is his birthday. Plus some jello, a pumpkin cheesecake, a pineapple upside down cake a chocolate pie and a chocolate cherry pie. I am taking the rest of the makings for side dishes and doing them there, Krys has the turkey and a lot of the other things already.
Pattit- I was happy to read that your tests were negative. Yeah!!
Try not to do too much if you don't have to. I know how it is to want everything to be perfect for dinner, but they will understand if you can't do it all.
I guess I should be grateful for the offer they made luckily the guy had some insurance. I just don't understand how they can only offer the rest of them so little. I think part of their problem is that they didn't go to the hospital the night of the wreck. They waited until the next day. Jeanna goes to the VA hospital and they haven't sent her records to the lawyers yet.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Vicki-All of your errands are done, good job!! I am still lying here on the bed watching Rachael Ray. I have so much to do, I still have a lot of work to do on my decorating,and we are going to be gone for the rest of the week and most of the next week, I also have a several more boxes of decorations in the attic in Cookeville, that I bringing home.
Ann- sorry you have to work this thanksgiving, bu that does mean overtime$$. We had 9 kittens here until the day before yesterday, the mother cat and 4 small kitties disappeared, But they are probably wandering out in the woods. We do have 8 acres for the to explore. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. Hello to Debbie, Pat, Carolyn and anyone I may have missed. Better get a move on.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

Well cooking my family turkey day dinner today. all my family is here today for the first time in a long time. will be 13 of us . then tom we are invited out to my daughters boy friends sisters house for supper so will have 2 days of turkey dinner. so not much time for talking today just wanted to stop by and say hi. and see how everyone is doing. been in therapy for my neck and shoulder pain been in a lot of pain sence i fell down the stairs at ny daughters house .

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great day Very Happy

You all sound like busy bees. Wink Makes me feel plain lazy Laughing No Thanksgiving in the Netherlands, no turkey, but plain chicken or ground chuck.
Carolyn, glad somebody invited you out too. Be careful with your neck and shoulder and don't overdo things. Hope you are having fun with the family.
Grammadot, just you talking about all these chocolate goodies would cause me getting addicted. Yum. Very Happy .
PattiT, happy to hear you are feeling better Very Happy and that the test came out all clear. If I go to the Chinese take away I usually go for belly pork with a crispy crust. It's something I still haven't been able cook by my self, the other things I can cook at home.
Nubbins, hang in there and like Ann-Marie says "one step at the time". I'll be thinking of you too.
Vicki, nothing closes down for Sinterklaas. If you are lucky you get to leave the office an hour earlier or your office has arranged a small party for their employees with kids. Just not my office Sad .
Ann-Marie, I sometimes play that game with Myo too Laughing ending with a hot pursuit around the coffee table.
Debbie, how's Jim doing after having been on the job for three days now. Is his foot holding up?

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!!

I haven't been around lately so I figured I'd better let you all know I'm still here!
My Mother has been having trouble walking and she's fallen several times in the last couple of weeks. The other day when I went over to see her, she couldn't stand at all, so I said "That's it" and took her to Emergency at the hospital. They did xrays and said nothing was broken but her leg was all red and swollen and she was in alot of pain so they admitted her. They are going to keep her a few days for observation then if they still don't find anything wrong she will go to a nursing home for rehab. I'm so glad they admitted her. I was going to her place 2-3 times a day to see if she was lying on the floor again and help her up. I've been worried sick!

Anyway that's what I've been busy with. I'm about ready for Thanksgiving. I made Pumpkin & Apple pies today. My daughter, her fiance and Jim are coming for dinner. Hopefully it will be calm and relaxing....I need some of that!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: