BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Nov. 24th & SUNDAY, Nov. 25th, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Nov. 24th & SUNDAY, Nov. 25th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Pat/nubs - it's always something, isn't it? Seems like we are all paying money out for some thing that has broken down or needs replaced. Keep your chin up.

Fan - nice pics of the guppy and angel fish. We always had fish when we lived on the farm - all kinds. We learned what fish to put with another kind of fish and they would get a long, and vice versa. Tried to have fish here but the water is horrible, killed them all. Crying or Very sad I really felt bad because Mom spent $$$ too to help us fill the tank. Sad

Was extremely busy yesterday, so glad I could leave at 3:30. Came home, had spaghetti & meatballs then just watched TV for the rest of the evening. Ended up falling asleep watching Frosty the Snowman.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Ann-Marie, glad you liked the pics. I'm not really into fish unless it's on my plate Laughing , but taking pics of them is wonderful and I do like to see them. Might do it again sometime Wink .
I've spent my day chasing after Sinterklaas today. There were clear signs he would hit the town this morning. At the photoshop there was a pic of him coming into town in the early fifties.

And at the delishop I met up with one of his assistants at the paying device Laughing .

At noon the "old man" finally appeared on his horse in the main street,

and specifically waved at my camera Wink .

Did some shopping on the way back home and got home nearly frozen. It was very cold and damp today. So I decided upon a spicy curry coconut milk soup with cabbage and chicken for dinner.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Mood is much improved. Helped my friend next door hang her Christmas lights on the front fence & we both gabbed non-stop the entire time. When I got there to help she was in a bad mood (I think I know that feeling) when I left she was chuckling a little.

Ann I had fish for years but had to give them away when we moved here. They are a lot of work but I really enjoyed them. No more tho-whew-glad I got that out of my system. Very Happy They can get really expensive too.

Y'all take care...

Be well...

nubbins1
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have an awesome Sunday Very Happy

I'm cooked up inside, there's a storm going over the city with severe wind gusts. Not very appealing to go out riding my bike. I plan to keep my self happy with working on my bills and other paperwork Evil or Very Mad .
Nubbins, glad to hear your mood is improving Smile Are you going to put up Christmas lights too? In the Netherlands we usually have to wait after December 5th.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat/nubs - glad you and your friend had a gab-fest...sounds like it helped both of you. Smile

Fan - love the old B&W pic of Sinterklaas...how he has changed over the course of the years since he has come into existence.

Ran over to the grocery store and then up to Thrifty Shopper. Found a really cute snowman teapot, 2 Debbie Macomber books (Cedar Cove series) and a little snowman that someone had painted (too cute to pass up!). All their Christmas stuff was 50%. Very Happy Came home and made lunch then just hung out here at the house...watched it flurry every now and again. They were calling for several inches of snow, nothing but a dusting here.

You know, as much as I don't want it to snow...I was a little disappointed when I got up yesterday and we didn't have much. Confused Must be the little kid in me that WANTS it to snow, the older adult that DOESN'T want it to snow!! Surprised

Better get around here, have a few things to take care of.

Take care,
Ann

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING GIRLS......I've been up since a little after six, thanks to Kujo. He has got to stop sleeping in our bed as he's all legs, plus he thinks he has to be right up by your shoulders. It wouldn't be so bad if he's stay down to the foot of the bed. Jim and I even bought him a real nice dog Rug/Bed and we take it out in the Living-Room with us in the evening and he loves to sleep on it then, but wants nothing to do with it at bedtime. I told Jim I need more sleep, so he's either gonna have to sleep on the floor OR he'll be put in his crate with the door to it shut and locked. Oh he'll whine for a few days, but ya gotta do like yo do a baby, give him a few days and he'll learn to adjust.

I couldn't get this darn monitor to stay on this morning...kept saying "Monitor going to sleep" Then most of the time the computer itself won't run, Jim keeps cleaning it up and he tells me it's just an old machine...you need a new one.

The kids spent the nite Friday nite.....The kids always seem to have fun here, even if we don't do anything. I do have a few projects that I think they will like to do as Christmas projects. I need to get to our local craft store for the supplies first. I felt kinda bad for them though as they wanted to go outside yesterday and Tiffany was bringing their heavy jackets in, so they only had light weight ones then and it was only 35*! Yikes I thought as on Thanksgiving it was mid 60's!

I did some Christmas shopping Friday nite, in the comfort of my dining-room table. Her good friend from Tennessee was in for the Holidays and she sells Jewelry by "Origami Owl" Beautiful Pendants with little charms inside. Well Tiffany wanted one real bad and ask if her Dad and I would get her one for Christmas. For the price it's all she'll get. It would have been a little cheaper but I told her to get what charms she wanted...charms are 5 dollars a piece. Plus I put together one for Jim's Sister too. Here's the web addy for it if you all want to check it out....
www.origamiowl.com

Well I got my glasses and I can't see a thing. Well I can, but I spend way too much time moving my head around trying to stop it when things clear up! Bi's will take some getting use too. Jim's aren't in yet, probably Monday!

**FAN, Your Santa is a very colorful guy and very happy too. Nice parade. Yea, I've had my share of the Guppies and Angel fish too. I once had a 30 gal tank with lots of expensive fish...Like you all they are beautiful to watch, but ouch when they die off, you can just see your $$ going down the toilet...LOL!

**ANN, Your stuffing recipe sounds almost like the one I use to make. I did have to chuckle when you were writing your Turkey Breast in the crock-pot recipe....the part where you say "2 bottles of CHEAP wine" Now young lady any good seasoned cook knows you only use a wine that is good enough to drink. Well that's what they say anyway. By the way I have a few of Debbie Macomber's books and I think they are the Cedar Grove series too. I like her writings, I just have to be in the mood to read and back when I could see to read very well I didn't enjoy it, so now maybe I can start again.

**PAT, So sorry to hear that you have been down in the dumps about everything happening and breaking at once. Sometimes it dies seem like the world is out to get ya doesn't it? I have felt that way before. But it'll pass and things will soon be on an even keel soon. Glad you and your neighbor were there for each other.

**VICKI, Sounds like you had some really fun times with the family. I love getting all kinds of love and hugs and kisses form all my Grandchildren. Tiffany's friend ask me the other day if 3 Grandchildren was all I had and I said YES and that is just enough for me! How many do you have altogether now?

Well girls, I should probably get busy with some morning things. I started a grocery list, it's small though, so I don't think I'll go out today unless it warms up. I also have a few bills to pay and a couple things to order from QVC! I might start working on my Christmas cards and maybe next week-end, put the tree up! Hello to any Friends coming in after me and I wish warmth and love to all! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening girls. I think I need a few days to recoup from the last couple of days. Anyone else feel that way?
Thanksgiving went quite well here. I got all the preparations done and the meal on the table, then I guess it all caught up with me. I went to get up and just could not stand. I sat with the heating pad and in about an hour I was able to stand. Everyone else did the cleaning up the dishes and putting food away, I felt guilty but was so grateful for the help. It was wonderful to have the whole family here, except for one DIL.
Friday, my son and his friend took me out to breakfast before they headed back to Philly. I spent the rest of the day getting the house back in order and doing up laundry.
Yesterday Madison had a swim meet and she was in 5 events, there were a lot of schools participating and she won first place in all of her events. She also beat a team record. She has been doing so good. I was able to sit down on deck because I couldn't do the stairs, but that still required a lot of walking. I had to go back to the gym in between her events. I was just overjoyed to be able to be there to see her swim. My BIL, and my niece came to see her, then my SIL and one of my sons also came, she had her own little cheering section. We all went out for pizza and frozen yogurt afterwards.
Hubby left today for another hunting trip, he wont be gone long. I will take those days to recoup.
**Vicki, my son and his friend went shopping Thanksgiving eve. they had e-mailed me ahead of time to let me know where they would be shopping to see if I wanted to go along. Ummm no. I have always said, even if they were giving things away free, I would not want to be part of that craziness. I guess you and I agree on that. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving also. Our cold weather didn't arrive until Sat.
Madison and the guys were outside tossing a football around on Thanksgiving. It is nice when the weather is warm enough to be outside on Thanksgiving.
**Ann, I thought for sure you would have a measurable snow by now. My husband wants to have turkey thighs instead of pork for New Years day.
**Nubbins, sounds like the truck is still giving you trouble. I guess it is a good thing you haven't gotten pulled over, that would be even more trouble. I sure hope that you do not have to pay any taxes since it is just going from hubby to you. Did you and your grandson have a nice Thanksgiving? I don't remember reading anything about it. I am so glad to hear of you and your neighbor having a great gab session. Isn't it great when you can turn someones mood around?
**Fan, you did a great job capturing the fish in a photo. Thanks for the pictures of Sinterklaas. Your coconut curry soup sounded and looked very good. We had a lot of wind yesterday, made for a chilly day. I heard it howling all night long.
**Ann, seems like you have been getting exhausted with work. My husband like watching the older holiday shows. I am sure getting off at 3:30 is much more enjoyable than working the later shifts. Did Jim make the spaghetti and meatballs the other day? How has his work been going?
**Debbie, I agree with you about Kujo needing to sleep somewhere else. You have enough trouble sleeping without adding to the problem. You said about getting supplies to do projects with the grandkids. Madison did the melting crayon project from Pinterest. She got tired of holding the hair dryer pretty quickly though. Good luck getting used to your bifocals. I am still trying to get used to my trifocals! It usually gives me a headache after a few hours and I switch back to my bifocals. I sure hope your computer does not break down on you. We need to hear from all of our friends.

It is going on 8 and I haven't had any dinner yet so I think I will go fix myself something. See you all tomorrow.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: