BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, WEEKEND - DECEMBER 1 & 2, 2012 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, WEEKEND - DECEMBER 1 & 2, 2012 ~ Reply with quote

Happy December, Friends!

I've had several appointments and errands this week.

I'm also looking at used laptops (mostly professional) that have been donated and restored. These laptops have Windows 7 Pro, but no other programs are loaded. I was told most of my XP programs should be compatible.
-- What features do you personally like in a laptop?
-- What items do you need to purchase besides the laptop?

Hoping December is off to a good start!

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - Your weekend is well on its way. Enjoy your time up north. (I shook my head over the glass stairs!!)

PattiT - If you were closer, I'd have you over for the day.

Ann - Are you still "super busy" at work? Will you get your reports back next week?

Debbie - How are you and Jim feeling? What did you do for your birthday?

Martha - I'm glad that your mom is doing better in the nursing home. However, there is still that adjustment period.

Pat - How are you? Is vehicle running now?

~~Vicki

nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

The truck runs just fine but I am still arguing with the turn signals. I think there is a short somewhere. My dh added soooo many things to the truck over the years that required wiring be attached for power to them that I may end up just rewiring the whole thing. Luckily the truck is so old that there is no computer in it which makes repairs soooo much easier.

Over time we have pulled the boat, pulled a tag along camping trailer, had a cab over camper on it, snow plow with extra lights...each one of these must be hooked up to the brake lights & turning signals. Plus it was originally a full time 4WD & he installed lockouts on the front hubs to get better gas mileage only using the 4WD when needed and that needed power.

I have gotten over the emotional dumps & feel like the old me again.

Having a slab of ribs for dinner tomorrow so I thought I would boil them off today then put them in the fridge. GS is having two buds spend the nite & I thought ribs & french fries would feed them all.
Tonite gs & I will have Sweet & Sour Chicken using BrownEyedBaker's recipe. MMMMMMMMM Very Happy

Fan the glass bridge is neat. I would like to visit the one that hangs out over the Grand Canyon. Funny tho that I have a fear of falling but none of heights. Worked many jobs where I was 80 to 100 feet in the air setting exterior wall forms with no problem.

Y'all take care & be well...

nubbins1
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon. It was so nice getting out and about with my SIL this morning. We had a delicious breakfast at the Hershey Pantry, we both got the struesel apple pie baked oatmeal. Then we shopped until our cart was full at Christmas Tree Shop. I got mostly things to wrap Christmas presents and a great laptop table for Madison to use with her laptop. Hmmm actually is it much nicer than the one I have.
It was supposed to be partly cloudy today but there is no sun to be seen, and it is pretty chilly.
**Vicki, my laptop runs on Windows 7, this is my first laptop so I am no expert that is for sure. I was sure I would not need a mouse, but I think it is a lot easier to navigate around with a mouse. I also bought a little laptop desk to sit it on, definitely a necessity.
I would love to spend the day with you, if we lived closer. Could you just imagine if we could get together to chat and share pictures of our grandchildren.

Looking forward to hubby coming home from hunting for good today. Hooray.
"See" you tomorrow.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see while I was taking a few phone calls that Nubbins has checked in. I am thinking that truck might be a full time job for a while! I think you are up to it though, you can do so many things that many of us wouldn't dream to attempt.
I always use a rib recipe I had gotten from Taste Of Home forums. Avid cooks recipe. You don't have to boil them or anything first. I will definitely will have to look for the sweet and sour recipe, I have been so hungry for that lately.
Do you enjoy when GS has friends over. I miss having a houseful of young children, well I guess not children but you know what I mean.
I was talking with my SIL about her not having hot water for about two months now, the plumber has been out many times, ordering parts etc. She said last time he was there he said "I don't know why you don't have hot water." Apparently he feels like he is done, he is the same jacka** that I said I will never call again. I gave her the name of the plumber that I use. If you could come on over, I just know you could figure it out.

Hello to anyone else who stops by.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy Very Happy

Nubbins, congrats on the vehicle running again and the chasing away of the "dumps". Very Happy Your grandson and his buddies probably bring in some life in the brewery tomorrow. Have fun. Glass bridges are neat, the first one I ever saw was in the Toronto Tower looking straight down into the base ball stadium. So cool.
Vicki, I've found some traces of Sinterklaas up north too.

PattiT, glad you had fun being out with your SIL. My trip was a good one too, but the author of the article about my family didn't show up. He fell of his bicycle last Monday and had hip surgery similar to the one I had last year. But the article looks very interesting and has a lot of new leads for me to look into .

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat - I'm glad you're feeling better and your truck is running.

PattiT - Yes, DH and I have agreed on a mouse. Thank you for suggesting a laptop desk.

Fan - My daughter and grandchildren were visiting my daughter's classmate and her mom. One of them visited a Dutch store and did not understand why other shoppers were looking diligently for certain chocolate letters, until my daughter explained. (This year, I bought mine early.) Smile

~~Vicki

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Off today and not doing anything, don't want to. Smile

Yes, still super busy at work, 19 critters.

Gallbladder sonogram was normal.

Take care,
Ann

nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Patti...my attitude about water heaters that don't work is toss it & get a new one. If they are old enough for parts to start going up to replace those parts is like throwing good money after bad. The Village Idiot of a plumber is just draining her wallet each time he get a "part" & charges her to come out & install the thing. She needs a new hot water heater & reputable plumber to install it.

At the moment my house sounds like an arcade. There are 4 20 somethings in my lr playing a game on my widescreen tv. They certainly do liven up my house.Y'all take care & be well...

nubbins1
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubbins, I'm so jealous. Four 20 somethings, probably good looking. Wink Almost sounds like my cocktail evenings Laughing .
Ann-Marie, I've been doing exactly what you have in mind. Apart from the laundry that is. Glad your sonogram turned out normal.
I'm still off tomorrow, but I have a dentist appointment at 8.15 am. What was I thinking, making an appointment that early in the morning Rolling Eyes So I'm mentally preparing by laying on the couch yawning and wanting to eat garlic.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: