BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY, December 3rd, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: MONDAY, December 3rd, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Did nothing all day and it was wonderful!! Very Happy

Fan - I hate going to the dentist and sitting in those chairs, I get antsy after awhile.

PattiT - she took me off the birth control, my blood pressure had been up the last few times I was there. I'm glad, had been on it for too long...and the new one that they had me on, it just didn't make me feel very good.

Martha - Um, NO!! Surprised No more cats!! He picked up another at his work, he has been feeding it, even gave it a box to sleep in. That one is ok since it isn't here.

Better get around here, need to leave a little earlier so that I can fill the car up.

Take care,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a great start of the week Very Happy

Ann-Marie, I survived the cold, the snow and wind, the dentist, the rain and a grocery run Laughing . Luckily nothing serious going on at the dentist's, but he did take some x-rays, in order to give me a proper briefing next time. I usually get a bit antsy too sitting in the chair, don't like it a bit. Rolling Eyes
I went to the flower shop today asking them to send my SIL a bouquet for her B-day on the 5th. On the way back I got stopped by Mr. P. from the vegetable shop, he asked me to take some pics from his shop for the website he's going to launch. I wonder would there be a new career for me as a photographer after retirement?
Bought a lot of candles too this morning. Looks cozy seeing them burning accompanied by some small lights in my living.

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO EVERYONE, Hope everyone had a good week-end and got to have some fun things to do. Jim and I could have A LOT better week-end, but today is another week so I’ve been praying that it gets better. Here’s why I say that……I can’t remember if I told you all about the severe pain Jim is having on his left side, so bad that he actually went to the doctor and they wrote him up an order for a Cat Scan the next day, plus told him if the pain got worse or moved to get to the ER ASAP. Without telling him anything, Jim said they sounded like it was pretty serious…..therefor Jim and I Both have been worried sick about what it could be. So today hopefully they will call him and let him know. I have been praying like all week-end for God to touch Jim and make him better and let this be nothing serious! Poor guy sat all week-end with an ice pack on that area and the heating pad on his shoulder. Anyway, he’s went to work, pain and all, said if he wasn’t off all summer with his foot, he’d definitely stay home.

**ANN, Glad your gall Bladder test came back OK. Are you waiting on anymore tests to come back? Did you ever mention to your doctor about Peri menopause? Some of your symptoms sounds like that could be the problem.

**FAN, Sounds like you had a very busy week-end, starting with Cocktail Hour and Dinner. Then your mini trip to walk the Glass Floor…YIKES! Too bad the man that write Genoagly fell on his bike and couldn’t be there to talk to you about the Chapter he wrote about your Family. I think that would be so cool to learn about our ancestors! How far back have you learned about so far? By the way, what’s with garlic and the Dentist? Pew you! LOL!

**VICKI, I seen yesterday that you had called the other day, sorry I couldn’t pick up your call , I think that was the day I was talking to the doctor office. I thought I’d give you a call today or tomorrow and let you know what Jim said about the questions you ask about the Laptop. Good thing you have already bought your Chocolate Letters, of course you usually do don’t you? You ask what I did on my B’Day….nothing really, kept it low key. Tiffany and the kids were here all day and they went out to dinner with us and Jim let me put together a Charm necklace from ORIGAMI OWL…it’s very pretty. Check it out on-line!

**PATTI, You mentioned making Empanadas. I’ve never made those. Is the filling sweet or Savory? So do you have all your wrapping supplies organized? I did mine after wrapping last year. Threw out all my little pieces of wrapping paper, paper that was years old and looking it’s age….so now all I need to buy is more tags and some tape. How nice that your SIL came and got you for a day of shopping and Breakfast. That Streusel Apple Pie Baked oatmeal sounds so yummy and comforting! Then a stop to the Christmas tree Shop…geesh I could spend hours and a lot of money in places like that. That desk for Madison’s Laptop sounds like a very nice Christmas gift. Why in the World has your SIL been without HOT water. Sounds like her Plummer guy is either stupid OR he’s taking advantage of her. Like Nubbins said , she just needs to get a new Hot Water Tank. How did it go with the Insurance Lady? If you don’t mind me asking; how much are you finding it’s going to cost you a month? Jim and I might find ourselves in that position soon!

**NUBBINS, That’s great that you got “Ole Blue” running, except for the turn signals. Like you said years ago, people could work on their own cars, but with the computers being put on them, you just about need to take them to a shop somewhere! Yikes a house full of 20 yr.old guys, a dream come true for some women , but I must too old. Arcade games and Ribs, they must have been happy campers.Oh Yea? That Glass roof`
…no way could ‘ walk over that!

**MARTHA, I know the situation with your Mom needing to go to the nursing home I’m guessing she soon be comfortable there, but missing her cat. I can’t be easy for you to pack up all her stuff. So have you got started with re-doing those light on the deer. Jim and I once had a pre-lite that was pre-lite and some of the lights went out and we spent hours taking the lights out!

Well, sorry about all the jabbering, but I had several days to talk about and catch up on. Jim just got home, so I'll go fix him a sandwich. have a great day! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Fan, we actually had Jack Daniel's with gingerale while we made the pizza. Glad the dentist didn't find anything major. That is sweet, having flowers delivered to your SIL. I think you would have an excellent future in the photography department. I love your pictures.
**Martha, you are right, I hate being away from hubby anymore than I have to. I have been decorating for Christmas a little at a time. I need hubby's help to bring some decorations from the basement and some out of a closet, too heavy for me to lift, plus they are down low and I can't bend over. I have a feeling that your Jim, mom and daughter are all looking forward to your beginning to bake for the holidays.
**Ann, I hope the going off the birth control helps get your blood pressure where it needs to be. Hope filling up the car didn't empty your wallet. I miss the old prices of gas, it has become such a huge expense. Benji is so cute in that sweater, thanks for the pictures.
**Debbie, of course I remembered about Jim, I have been worrying and wondering how he has been doing. I don't think you mentioned Jim having to go for a CAT scan. I sure hope they let you know soon what is going on, the waiting can be so hard. How did he seem when he came home for lunch?
The empanadas are savory. I will post it in the Dec, recipes.
I had seen somewhere on Pinterest that a good idea to keep wrap neat and tidy after you open them is to open up a toilet paper roll or two and place it around the wrap to keep it from unrolling.

I have been making calls today, trying to clear up insurance problems, drug store mix ups etc. Still waiting for a return call from the insurance company about a letter I need so I can get other insurance.
Debbie, you had asked about getting insurance. It differs even among the counties within our state. I am only going to have to pay an additional $74.00 more than what I already pay for Medicare. I was happy to see that they cover eye exams, dental and even hearing. The deductible is higher than I would like but it is actually the lowest of the plans. I lucked out with the county I live in also, I pay half what all the neighboring counties pay.
I am making unstuffed peppers for dinner. I just cut the peppers in half and push them in to the "stuffing" since I don't like to eat the peppers.
I will post the empanada recipe and then I better get busy.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, my family trees go back to around 1580. I got a marriage record of 1603 and a house sale from 1588. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Jim, hopefully he'll gets his test results soon.
PattiT, there's still plenty of time for decorating. In my country Sinterklaas has to leave first before we start thinking about Christmas Wink But I will start buying some of my Christmas cards this week Smile .

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: