BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Thursday, December 6, 2012 Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING GIRLS, Woke up this morning to a chilly morning, 25* and Rain moving in later on today! Sounds like a day for baking something and maybe a pot of Beef Stew! I've been trying for about 20 minutes to get Jim up and ready for work, but him and Kujo are all comfy under the blankies keeping nice and warm....can't say I blame them!
Well, I better get off here for now and see about getting a couple boys moving! I'll check back later! Have a good day. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Debbie and everybody else, have an awesome day Very Happy

Debbie, get them boys moving! Yummy, beef stew. I got some broccoli soup with French bread for tonight.
We are in for rain and all kind of other things today. Probably snow fall tonight. There was already a bit of snow when I got up this morning. Tomorrow there are warnings for a snow storm and on top of that the temps will drop below zero over the weekend. I really think it's about time to go into hibernation. I'll start with sleeping in tomorrow morning Laughing
Still got two hours of office time for this year, better be diligent. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAN....you sound like you are having worse weather than we are. You're right a good day to sleep in. I laid back down after I got Jim off to work....I always like to spend some time with him before he goes in. Anyway I laid back down about 8:30 and slept til 9:30, so I feel ready to go. I had folded a few loads of laundry this morning, so I have that put away now. Getting ready to head for the kitchen and prep my Veggies for the Stew. Oh My your dinner sounds really good. Jim and I both like Broccoli Soup and French Bread...I can taste it now!

Well, I guess I had better go, you have a good week-end hibernating with Myo...he'll definitely be a happy camper. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All...

Has been a busy, crazy and hectic couple of weeks. Off today and I am doing nothing, too exhausted. Back tomorrow and Saturday, off Sun & Mon.

Hopefully we are going here on Monday:

http://www.kraynaks.com/

Debbie - sorry to hear about Jim's job...seems to be the going thing in this area too. Sad

Fan - poor Santa!

Take care,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon girls. I am still in kind of shock, I got a call from the Norwegian Cruise ship, from my son. It was kind of like he was reading something from a script. He said he is fine and having fun, then he put his friend on. I asked if everything was okay and she said it was. She said they were having a good time and that there was nothing to worry about. I am quite puzzled. She assured me that they were not drinking and there was nothing to worry about. Very odd. Hubby says not to worry about it and call him when he gets home. Guess I really don't have much choice.
**Debbie, I am so sorry that you and Jim are going through this right now. If it helps any, Gary has lost his job several times when the companies he has worked for has gone out of business. Each time we felt so devastated but each time he has gotten a job, and liked each one better than the last. The first time it happened, he was so depressed, so you are doing the right thing by keeping Jim's thoughts out of the dumps. I was too young and inexperienced to realize how important a job that was, to try to lift his spirits. Next two times I did like you and tried to remain upbeat and encouraging and things went much better for the both of us. I said many prayers for you both last night and will continue until I know prayers have been answered. Remember to try not to stress out too much yourself. Please feel free to come here and vent when and if you need to. We all have done that at one time or another and I know it has helped me. Of course, feel free to call me anytime day or night if you just feel like talking. (((Debbie)))
**Carolyn, you sound like you are going to have another difficult holiday. Try and make the best of it, especially for yourself. I think you are the one that is in the worst predicament lately, so don't let others take advantage of you. Even though you don't post as often as you used to, you are still in our thoughts.
Sorry to be mean to you, but keep that snow up there!
**Fan, sounds like some wicked weather headed your way. We are having colder weather but thankfully no snow in the near future.
Is it a crime to attack Sinterklaas the way you did?? Poor fella didn't have a chance, ha ha. Sounds like some rest and relaxation will be coming your way soon with only two hours of work left for this year. I hope Myo will be able to keep you out of trouble.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Having a house full of 20 somethings was interesting. They came in the door with groceries for a cook out all I supplied was charcoal & the grill. His buds have always liked this house to hang out in. They are all good young men , very polite & respectful. I love having them here. One of them stayed until yesterday. With his home life I can't blame him for putting off going back to it. He is 21, has a job that covers his car ins. & not much of anything else. He does most of the housework & if he forgets to something like take the last load of clothes out of the dryer.....his parents ground him. Shocked
He also does most of the cooking.

Am keeping y'all in my prayers.

Y'all take care & stay well

Things will get better...

nubbins1
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT, could it be that your son proposed to his friend? I mean a romantic cruise would be a perfect setting. Wink
Nubbins, glad you enjoyed the 20 somethings. Some of them do have a troubled home life, not always caused by parents but often simply by the fact that they want to leave home and yet can not afford it. At the same time they are so finished with living at home and being treated as a child. An occasional hang out at your place is a welcome distraction from their situation.
Ann-Marie, Christmas shopping? Looks like a pretty nice store to go to.
Debbie, sleeping in? Probably not, usually when I have a day off I'm getting awake one hour before the usual getting up time Sad , and if not Myo somehow seems to know and tries to get me out of the bed.
Tomorrow afternoon I'm gonna try to make some pics of Mr. Peeters veggie and deli shop. He wants them for his web site.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - yes to the Christmas shopping...need to find a few nice things for Mom. Would like to find a nice Nativity set, have a small one right now. Guess I would like some thing "new" to set up. Smile
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a real small nativity set too. But since it is quite "cat proof", I'll stick to that one Laughing .

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: