BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Dec. 15th & SUNDAY, Dec. 16th, 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Dec. 15th & SUNDAY, Dec. 16th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

{{{Tango}}} - sure wish we could all get together and hug you. We are here to support you.

{{{Connecticut}}} -- how sad. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Why do these things happen so close to a holiday????

Was busy all day yesterday and when I was leaving they were getting ready for two more little critters to join us. Crazy!! Shocked

Christmas shopping and putting the tree up is on the agenda for the next couple of days.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody,

Ann-Marie, if we had an answer to that we would be able to prevent. Crying or Very sad
Looks like you have a busy day ahead of you with two more critters.
Finished my laundry and cleaning today, but still need to finish the Christmas cards. I'll either have to finish them tomorrow or keep them till next year Wink

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Tango, I am so very sorry that the news was not better. I agree, I wish we could all gather around you and give you hugs and help you in any way we could. I will continue to pray for you and the Dr.s and nurses who will be helping you to fight your battle against this dreaded disease. I hope and pray you have family and friends nearby who can be there to give you the comfort that we all wish we could provide.
**Ann, it is just awful that terrible things like the Ct. tragedy keeps happening. I just can't imagine what makes people able to do such horrible things. I had to turn the t.v. off because it was just to awful to hear the details.
With all the critters you have I don't know how you have the energy to get your tree up and Christmas shopping done. Will you be celebrating with your Mom this year? Has Benji ever gotten rid of the cough? You have a huge Santa collection don't you?
**Fan. that burger you had pictured with the tomatoes and the black olives looked delicious. I have my cards done, but only about half my gifts wrapped. I have to think of another gift for my nephew, the candy that I had ordered from a bake shop in New York is not near as big as I was expecting. For what I got it turned out to be very expensive so I hope it tastes really really good.
**Debbie, what is it with men and needing to be given such a huge push to get them to the Dr.s and then it takes a miracle to get them to do tests. I still have not been able to get Gary to go for his colonoscopy. My stomach isn't sore anymore but I still have the darned diarrhea, since the beginning of Oct. I go back on the 28th for a follow up and to hear how the biopsies turned out.
Poor Jim, they are working him way too hard.

Madison had a swim meet today, so we were up early and out of the house. She did really well again today. I don't think she bettered her time in anything though. We missed her last event because Gary had to work this afternoon. She has another meet tomorrow and we are picking up some things for the snack bar so we will have to be up even earlier tomorrow. We are hoping tomorrow that we will get to visit with her a little after the meet.
I am feeling like such a bad mother today. My middle son James who was asked to be a timer for the meet tomorrow, called me and told me that when he was at the last swim meet that it was really hard for him. I asked him why and he said, just a minute I will go outside to let you know. He didn't want his wife to hear, that he is feeling really sad lately knowing that they will never have children. He has always acted like children are such a bother and so annoying that I never would have guessed that he wanted to have children.
Guess I will see if I can get a gift or two wrapped this evening.
See you all tomorrow or Monday depending on when we get home tomorrow.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT - I don't have the energy...but I know I have to do it this weekend. And I don't know about Mom and Benji coming up. Called Mom this morning and she told me Benji is sick again...has diarrhea again and he's still coughing. She said if things keep up with him she is thinking about putting him to sleep. Sad Crying or Very sad Poor old fella is 12 years old.

Fan - not working today, thank goodness!! Smile

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT, that must be so hard on both of them. Especially when all their friends are having kids by now. Sorry to hear you are still having diarrhea.
My köftaburgers were awesome, I buy them at the Turkish butcher in my street. Sometimes when I go there around 5 pm I see him preparing them and have them as fresh as they possibly can be.
For tonight I made a vegetarian Sambal goreng telor, vegetables cooked in coconut milk with sambal and eggs. Yum.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everybody!
I'm so sore and exhausted right now! My daughter and I pulled a marathon moving day with my mother's furniture!! I borrowed Jim's truck and we made six trips between my mother's and my house and my daughter's house. Jim did something to his back and couldn't get out of bed and my daughter's fiance went to a Christmas Party last night and was hung over today. Damn men are useless!! Then my daughter called a couple of friends to ask for some help... and they said they would for $150 !!! SOOOO... we did it ourselves! My daughter took a few pieces that she felt sentimental about and I put the rest in my garage until I can donate it somewhere. But at least it's finally done... Mom's apt is empty. Whew!

Mom is doing pretty well by the way. She seems more "alert" and aware of what's going on. She's very proud of how well she's doing in her physical therapy. They installed a pole next to her bed that makes it easier to get up by herself.

It was cold today, but the forecast is for rain the next few days, turning to snow by Wednesday!!!! I'm sorta looking forward to some snow!

I'm too tired to even type... I'm going to go take a hot shower and put my feet up.
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Martha - wow, you had a busy day! No wonder you were sore! Glad your Mom is doing well, funny how some older people bounce right back so quickly. Guess it's called determination. Smile Glad she has some fight left in her.

Not much going on today, going to put the tree up and decorate it later. Just going to hang around the house, might bake some cookies later. Going to take it easy today since I work for the next 5.

Have a great Sunday!
Ann
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

Christmas is slowly creeping in. I finished all my Christmas cards and posted them. Tonight I have to declutter my dining table, so I can put up my tree tomorrow.
Ann-Marie, poor Benji. Sure hope he manages to pick up. 12 years isn't as that old for a small breed dog. Is your tree up already?
Martha, glad your mum is doing better. I know what you mean with men being useless. Being around when you really don't need them and when you do they suddenly go up in thin air. Wink

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the tree up and we added some colored lights to it too plus all the snow people and Snoopy ornaments.

What a beautiful day, it's like 59º!! We went over to the beach in OH for a little while. Was wonderful to get out and walk in such nice weather. Smile Very Happy Better enjoy it now, we are to get snow by the end of the week.

Fan - found a video from a vet about a collapsed trachea, sounded just like what Benji sounds like. He said medicines and a strict diet would help.

Time to eat!
Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost decluttered the dining table Laughing Almost ready for my tree and my to do list for tomorrow is growing and growing. Butcher, hairdresser, Christmas tree, decorating, cooking "snert", grocery run, preparing next years agenda. It'll be a more crowded day than a day in the office Shocked
Ann-Marie, does Benji have overweight?

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: