BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

weekend before Christmas.12/22/ 23/12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: weekend before Christmas.12/22/ 23/12 Reply with quote

Good morning everyone!!! I hope evertone that has been sick is feeling better.
((((tangi))))
((pattit))
I stayed in the kitchen most of the day yesterday. I got 5 different kinds of cookies made. plus an assortment of candies. I will be giving everyone a sugar rush for Christmas.!!!!Lol.
We had to go to Nashville on thursday so Jim and Jeanna to go to the VA hospital. Jeanna had to see the eye dr. She has the onset of gluacoma.She has to use eye drops and see the dr every 6 weeks. We are worried about that.
Our girls (Andee and Terri) and family are coming in on the Christmas day. So we have been trying to get things ready for them. I still don't have the house fixed as well as I would like it to be but they will have to understand we are in the process of doing it.
I have a cake order for tomorrow that I need to work on today. It is going to be a doll cake with purple accents but with Christmas decorations.
Hope you are all staying warm. It is only 22degrees right now. brrrr!!!

I guess I had better get up and get busy. Talk to you later

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Grammadot and everybody else, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

I can imagine all of you running around to get everything prepared for Tuesday. It's awfully quiet in here. Wink
I could tell I was kind of bored today, so I gave my self a bit of kitchen playtime, trying to concoct a pork and peanut curry. It wasn't too bad, but I need a bigger variety of veggies next time. Just leeks and cilantro isn't enough. Looks too much like peanut soup.

I promise it'll be looking a lot better next time.
Grammadot, good luck with the order and all the other things on your to do list.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Pattit- Not baking cookies this year, I wouldn't be able to keep my hand out of the cookie jar. Both dogs are doing OK - no antics to report. I too miss the things the farm animals used to do but am glad I no longer have to care for them.

My favorite quilt shop is closing today. From now on I will have to drive to Trenton, FL to purchase fabric & such. That's an hour away, but at least it's all on a country road & they have a cafe there also with delicious food. Don't know if that's good or not. Confused

We too are having a cold spell, the high today will be in the low 50's, cooler temps are yet to come. The first winter we were here it went down to 11 at nights & way up to 17 in the daytime & stayed that way for about 3 weeks. If it does it again this year I only have my turkey to worry about & his "house" is all set up for him with food, water & heat.

GS went to Gainseville with on of his friends today so I am by myself for a few more hours.

Gonna go secure outside faucets.

Y'all take care & be well...

nubbins1
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooooosh, so windy here today and last night. When I was getting my coffee this morning I noticed hubby's grill cover is gone. Our son bought it for him with his favorite football team on it. I looked all around for it, I guess it is gone. It velcroed tightly around the grill, not sure how it would blow away.
I had a taste tester here today, Madison tasted the cookies I had baked and of course the ones we were decorating and baking. She gave her seal of approval and said I need to make them all again for next Christmas.
Madison told me today that she will be the youngest one ever to be babtized at her church. She is very excited about it. We are taking her aunt along to church tomorrow also.
I hope everyone has most of their preparations done. I made myself a list of what I need to make when, so I don't forget anything.
**Pat, that is why I got these cute plastic Chinese takeout containers for people to take goodies home with them. I can't resist goodies for very long. Sorry to hear about your quilt shop closing. Seems like more and more little stores are closing, sad. Glad to hear that your turkey will be warm and cozy.
**Fan, peanut soup sounds good to me! I was in the same situation this week, the chicken pot pie I made sure could have used the pretty color of some carrots in it. The carrots I had were way past being usable, when I took it out of the veggie drawer it kind of drooped. Not a good sign.
**Patti, You and I both made 5 different kinds of cookies today. I hope you legs and back don't feel as bad as mine. I am past due for my glaucoma test. Your daughter really does need to keep on top of that. Sounds like you will be having a nice family get together for the holidays.

It is late and I am tired, Happy Holidays to everyone, not sure when I will get a chance to get on-line again.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Everyone...

To everyone that has sent a Christmas card "thank you." I didn't do Christmas cards this year, just didn't take the time to do them.

Had one day off and back today, a 12 hr. Didn't do much yesterday, talked to my sister for 3+ hours. Very Happy With the way we both work we just haven't had a chance to visit or stop at each others house lately. Wanted to call and tell her that Mom's phone wasn't working, just rang busy. We had a good visit, got caught up on a lot.

Then we went to the grocery store, bought stuff to make homemade meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Taking it all in to work, everyone is bringing some thing to make meatball subs. Smile

Came home, ate then made the meatballs and while they were baking we played Scrabble & Yahtzee.

Better get around here, need to leave shortly.

Take care,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have smashing evening Very Happy

Ann-Marie, sounds like a relaxing day yesterday. Good luck with the hectic work of the coming days.
PattiT, congrats on Madison's baptism. Hope you all have a great day.
Nubbins, stay warm. Do you mind if I stay in my own cold weather a little longer before I teach you how to make tagliatella alla carbonara?

Don't know if I'll be able to get online the next few days, soo please don't miss me if I'm not in here. Just know I'll be praying for you all.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

18 little critters!!! Shocked Busy busy!

Later,
Ann

nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{TANGO]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: