BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TUESDAY, January 1st, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: TUESDAY, January 1st, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning,

...wow...weird typing in "2013" this morning, hard to believe 2012 is over. With the way we have a month schedule at work and the way I work, every day goes so fast even my days off. Confused

Vicki - was thinking of baking cookies today but we have so many from Mom & Donna, what would I do with them!? LOL!! Smile I might anyway since it looks wintery out.

Ended up falling asleep between 7-7:30, woke up and watched Macgyver for a while...finally went to bed at 10:30, couldn't stand it, too tired. So much for ringing in the New Year!

Hope everyone is doing well...and I hope this new year is better for all of us.

Take care,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year, Friends!

We were in bed before the new year offically began here. Today, I plan on making a roast for dinner (around 1 pm). Otherwise, it will be rather low key.

Ann - I see you went to bed early, too.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year everybody Very Happy

I did seem to make it till the New Year, even went out for a mango daiquiri. But after that everything became a big blur. Spent the night sleeping only an hour at the time, waking up coughing, then falling a sleep again. This morning I had problems staying awake for longer than an hour. So I'm really down with the flu. So my day is very low key, no pics at the New Year's Dive. Great start of the New Year. May have to call off for work tomorrow too.
I'm wishing all of you a much better year than last year.
Ann-Marie, I have to pay attention too and not write down 2012 in my contracts and appointments Wink
Vicki, no roast for me today. I'll be happy with a slice of toast Laughing

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

******HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013 TO ALL MY FRIENDS******

Stayed up and watched the ball drop last nite. Like some of you all, Jim and I haven't went out since we were dating and only had one party through out years. We are much happier staying in where there's no drunk drivers and just watching the ball drop in Time Square!

I was doing some Reflecting on the Past year and realized I had a lot to be thankful for: like I went a whole year without ending up in the hospital, Also so Blessed to have such a Compassionate Husband, a Daughter that has grown into a Beautiful kind young woman, 3 Beautiful Grandchildren that are the love of my life and are always keeping me smiling, a hard working Son in Law, a some Family members that Still love each other, and last but certainly NOT least All of YOU...My Dear Friends....always here for each other through good times and bad!

Now that a New Year is here......There is Still lots of things to do here at the house and hopefully in the beginning of 2013 we can get it taken care of. Our house needs a good cleaning and purging of junk, so that is on top of our list. Of course Jim will have ALOT of time to work on these projects while he looks for a New JOB. Right now as of Dec. 31st he has become a Unemployed Static! We are a bit scared especially because of his age and the pay scale he WAS getting...it'll be very hard to find something remotely close, especially around here.

So what's on the agenda for the day....hopefully taking down the tree. It's beautiful, but time to put things away and back to looking dull again! I need to do some Shabby Chic re-decorating in my living-room (meaning cheap) Tiffany was coming over to clean today since she'll be in town, but I told her it would be useless right now because of taking the tree sown and plus Jim brought a box of stuff from his desk at work and also some tools. For dinner tonite is Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Corn, Dressing, Scalloped Apples and Hot Rolls! So it's going to be a busy day!

**ANN, You know I didn't mess up one time last year and write the wrong date/year! Time sure DOES have a way of slipping by way too quickly! Jim says that's why we need to be making memories as much as we can. If you feel like baking especially since it looks so darn Wintery outside.....make them and take them to work or make a 1/2 a batch. I actually stayed awake a watched the ball drop in Time Square last nite and Jim and I kissed in the New Year! I too Pray that 2013 is a better year for All of us!

**VICKI, A Roast for dinner sounds delicious! One of my Favorite meals! Enjoy your low key day.

**FAN, Just what are Oliebollen and why are they NOT appealing to eat? Hope you are starting to feel better from the Cold bug.

**PAT, Glad you liked you B'Day card. Do you think you'll get your tree down today? I know you mentioned that you're not turning on the lights.

**PATTI, Para Thyroid sounds very serious. It's kinda confusiong when one dr. says eat this food and the other says don't eat it. What is a person to do? I remember years ago, I took so much Pepto that I wish I had stock in it. Sure hope this can be taken care of without surgery......as with my others friends, I'll add you to my Prayers and pray for a quick healing. ((PATTI))

**KAREN, Hi friend. Glad to see you stop in. If you peek in daily, why not chat awile like you use to? We would love to hear what's happening in your little corner of the world and how your family is doing.

**CAROLYN, How terrible that a so called friend on your FB was so unkind to you! You come over here anytime and let us know how you feel and we'll give you HUGS and a shoulder to cry on. That's a bummer about your Daughter getting a divorce. Times will be hard for her emotionally for awhile. ((CAROLYN))

**TANGO,
Cancer of your Bladder.....with surgery planned. Bless your heart, I so wish I was cclose enough to come hold your hand and be there for you! Hopefully the outcome of the surgery will be better than expected. The Chemo affects people different wys. like my step dad had chemo and raditation and did well, no hair loss or sickness . But if you do lose your hair , it grows back and remember Bald id Beautiful...you can always get a wig if it bothers you. Anyway we are here for you and we all are praying for you. ((LAURIE))

Well, I have been goofing off while writing this, so now I need to hussle and go wake the boys up..Breakfast on this cold winter day is going to be Oatmeal and toast! have a good day everyone! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year. Hope yours was better than mine. I woke uparound 2 am in severe pain in my abdomen. was crying it hurt so bad I woke Jim Krys and Brian.got them to take me to the er. they said that I had a kidney stone.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my dinner in the oven and it is almost done, the potatoes for mashed potatoes are boiling so I thought I would check in quick before my dinner guests arrive. Madison and family will not be here for our New Years meal. She is still running a fever of 102. The Dr. yesterday checked to make sure she didn't have pneumonia, and said she didn't and it should run it's course in a week or so. Gotta go, guests just arrived

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: