BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THURSDAY, JANUARY 17th, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: THURSDAY, JANUARY 17th, 2012 Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING DEAR FRIENDS......It's about 6:30 a.m. and I've been awake for about an hour, tried to go back to sleep since we didn't go to bed til 3. Of course that wasn't late for me,as I have been literally been sleeping my life away. Last Friday I had a doctors appt and decided to cancel it because of all the Flu going around here in my city....he never tells me anything new anyway. I suggested to Jim let's just get our Flu Shots at the drug store....so we did. Come Sunday I started feeling really bad, not like the flu per say, but very very weak, very unsteady on my feet and slept all day and all thru the evening. Then I remembered I had a place on the heel of my bad foot, like a callus opened up and got infected, so it was hurting to do any walking at all. All this come at a time when we found out when we got our Flu Shots, that we didn't have Health Insurance anymore! There was "SUPPOSED" to be No Lapse in our insurance for 22 weeks....well someone dropped the ball! I've been praying everyday since I've been sick that I didn't have to go to the hospital. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I missed Blake's 7th Birthday Party and I called him up last nite to wish him H.B. and tell him I was sorry I couldn't make it and he said, "Oh, That's OK, Do I still get my present tomorrow?" So I ask Tiffany if they were coming in today and she said only if I felt like watching the kids while she goes to the doctor. Then I FB a message and told her I could, the kids want to spend the nite Thursday and Now they want to stay til Saturday morning. I'm not sure I feel like that. I had told her to tell them not to expect me to play with them and I'm counting on Jim to him me!

Well that is a synopsis of what's been keeping me away. I really missed you all and sometime today If I can stay awake long enough, I'll go back and read what you all have been doing. Right now I'm headed back to bed, that is if Kujo hasn't moved in my spot! Laughing

I do want to tell TANGO, that I'm hugging you right now and saying prayers for you. Stay strong!

You ALL have a good day and try to stay warm! It's back down to January temps again....Low 30's for the day time high! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Debbie & all,

Not doing much today, don't want to. Did put a lot of the snowmen a way for the season. Feel guilty because so many of them are so cute...but I have the day and wanted to get my other stuff out.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Debbie, Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a great day Very Happy

Debbie, glad you checked in. So sorry to hear about the loss of your health insurance. I thought keeping the insurance was part of the deal Jim made by quitting his job. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you.
Tango, you are in my thoughts today. Hang in there.
Ann-Marie, I still have to start putting my stuff away. Maybe this weekend Rolling Eyes . Has the snow arrived yet? Enjoy your day off.

The weather is getting really cold. Temps are staying below freezing point and tomorrow we'll have to take the chill factor into account too. It'll be like minus 12C for a high. If it stays like that I might take my Chinese army coat out.
The ice layers on the canals are growing nicely, but we still need a week of severe frost and no snowfall before we can start skating on the canals. Nevertheless fever is running high already with pictures of 80 plus people on skates and the organizing of skating tours and matches in the coming weekend.
Martha, apart from a incidental slide into the canals trying to move your car away from the canal, the Dutch in general are pretty good in not falling into the canals. And if they happen to do so, they are good swimmers and very capable of getting out by them selves. Laughing Wink

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I thought I had checked in last evening, oops. I spent the morning visiting with my sister, then we went to lunch and stopped to look around the Hallmark store in town and the Dollar Tree. My legs and back were killing me from just that little bit. It makes me so upset, how little I can manage. I have been trying to set accommodations into place for vacation this summer with Madison and her parents. Places are filling up fast, it seems like the hotels think the recession is over, they all have raised their prices.
Hubby got an acceptance letter from one of the insurance companies, naturally for about $100.00 more than he wanted to pay. I told him to take what he can for now and keep working on finding something better.
Hubby is making dinner for us tonight and it is almost ready so I better go see if I can help with anything.
Debbie, don't let yourself get too bad off just because you don't have insurance. It really stinks the way some of these companies yank people around. After all the hard work Jim put in for the company and then to not make sure he has coverage as they promised him. I hope it was a mistake on their part and they make it right.
Really gotta go.
Take care everyone.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

I have no idea what the temp is here.....but.....I'M FREEZING HERE Shocked Shocked

Wind is blowing like crazy driving the temp down.

May even have to close the br windows tonite.

Take care...

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: