BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last weekend of January, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Last weekend of January, 2013 Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

I could feel the warmer temps coming this morning when I got up. It was already in the air. So I really hurried to get my groceries before the falling rain would turn the roads into skating rinks. Never happened Very Happy Very Happy . We got snow instead, guess it wasn't warm enough yet. Luckily we had dry weather for the rest of the day, cause you could see the snow melting.
There was also good news for the apprentice boy from the pet shop, he has found him self a full time job in a combined pet shop and garden center. So he'll be leaving in two weeks time. I'm happy for him. It may give him the opportunity to move out and rent his own place by next year, which is something he's really looking forward to. Downside is that it will become difficult to find butterflies and other exotic insects for my camera, Crying or Very sad and that he'll be missed by us.
With the weather not being very comfortable I nicely cuddled up the couch with Myo, leaving the ironing for tonight Sad . Just got some laundry out of the machine and prepared the ironing board Rolling Eyes . Better get to it now. See you all tomorrow.

知人者智,自知者明
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Fan still suffering with a broken washer that cant be fix waiting for a new one next week ouch... hate going to the laundry mat . wow that ice by your house looks very slippery would fall on my butt for sure. I cant even walk upstairs without tripping sometimes. my hip bersydis is still hurting have some meds for it though dr said if not better than shots in it for me .
we got 6 inches of snow yesterday was very slippery three accidents in one hour in town.
Have not been doing a lot of baking but did make a cherry lemon cake today out of angel food cake was yummy.
Deb hope your better today I know all about the insurance crap it can be a nightmare sometimes. this one does not pay this or that i get it all the time.
Patti hope your weekend goes well . my brain cant think of what i was going to say today so better go to bed and think on it.
Tango hope your treatments are going ok thinking of you. hugs.
Ann do you work at a animal hospital that your talking about all the critters there . well have a good night all.

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Whew, what a week...sure went by fast! Got really busy on Friday, we ended up with 2 little critters in the afternoon so I stayed a few extra hours.

Carolyn - please see the PM I sent you.

Fan - we've had snow showers and flurries off and on for the past few days. They had the roads nice and clear Fri morn then we got hit by a quick snow shower, put down about an inch of snow. Jim told me that cars were all over the highway, so glad I got to stay those few extra hours, by the time I left they were better.

Off yesterdayand today. Didn't do a whole lot yesterday. Jim had an eye appt, he kept telling me that his eyes and head have been hurting for weeks. Glad we went, he will be getting progressive glasses. And the doc told him he has the starting of cataracts that he need sto be checked next year again.

Need to clean today then I think if the sun comes out will go out to take pictures.

Hope everyone is doing well. Feel like I haven't "talked" to you all for a long time.

Take care,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a great Sunday Very Happy

I'm chilling out today while it pours cats and dogs. Did go out to get some fresh bread and eggs and it sure was slippery on the pavement, but I managed to get back without breaking an egg. Laughing Laughing Which was a big wow, cause 16 years ago I went out for eggs in similar conditions and broke my elbow pipe. The snow has almost completely disappeared by now, so no more pretty snow pics. But I'm still hoping for another period of severe frost for the skaters.
Carolyn, sorry to hear the bursitis still causes you to be in pain. Hopefully the new washer will be delivered soon. I can do without one for a couple of weeks, but you with that many people in the house really need one every day to keep up with things.
Ann-Marie, good on Jim having his eyes checked. I keep telling my relatives and other people to do it on a regular basis since they drive a car. And like you said: "I'm worried being hit by someone else when I'm driving." Best thing preventing that is for everybody to have their eyes checked on a regular base, cause the better your eyesight the more adequate you may react in incidents.
Today I started putting away my Christmas ornaments. Did say goodbye to the Christmas cards and most of the candles. Might keep the tree with the lights for another week Wink

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

GS & I worked out in the pasture yesterday for about 5 hours. Cut down a small section of fence & removed one of my trees that fell into neighbor's yard. Put fence back up temporarily. Have to run to tractor supply for get a metal fence puller, clips etc. Will remove my fencing between pasture & house & place it down the fence line with neighbor. There is already fencing there but what I will be putting up is stronger - farm fencing- & I won't have to worry about it for a long time. Also took down a few dead trees yesterday. Now we need to drag them to the burn pile, cut them up & start burning next time it rains. I have sold Big Blue-seems to be a lot of interest in it but fellow at feed store offered to pay me for it in advance so I can get my Blazer repaired & when that is back on the road he will come get blue & the paper work. Now I have to be careful not to wreck it.

Hope everyone ill starts feeling better...fast...

{{{{HUGS}}}} to Carolyn.....Tango sending good thoughts your way & the hope that you kick its butt...

nubbins1
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat/nubs - funny to hear you talking about working outside...and we have 2 to 3 feet of snow in my area. Smile Very Happy It's about 29º right now and we are to get some nasty weather for the next few days -- warmer temps but it's to down0slide rather quickly by the end of the week, and that means I-C-E. Blah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: