BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WEDNESDAY, Janaury 30th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: WEDNESDAY, Janaury 30th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning,

Interesting weather we've been having, had one big rumble of thunder yesterday afternoon then last night we had thunder again. It might have even lightninged, kept seeing flashes on the bookcases.

PattiT - that stinks that he is waiting for results and they haven't gotten all the stuff to where it's suppose to be. Sad Nope, didn't find one thing at Thrifty Shopper...not even a cookbook. Wink

Ugh, dreading the temp change tonight into tomorrow...you know that every thing that has water on it will freeze. We are also to get some snow tomorrow too. Rolling Eyes I know, I know...it's still January...just hate the rain in winter months. Confused Our temp is to go from 60º today to 29º tomorrow. Good weather for people to get sick.

Guess I'll get around and get my teeth brushed, head out the door shortly.

Take care!
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Rain changing to ice/snow today. Several streets flooded this morning. Ice is not what we need with broken bones.

Otherwise, I hope to bake bread today. Maybe a few extra treats for one of my grandchildren staying with us this weekend. Smile

Ann
- We have had thunderstorms off and on for the last two days. Even the curbside mountains of snow has melted.

Have a fantastic day!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good mornin Ann Vicki. and everyone else that posts today. I know this weather is nuts.!!
We woke up at 2:30 this morning to loud winds and rain. We had tornado warnings going all over the state. As far as I know there wasn't any major damage anywhere.
We had a large branch fall fromour tree in front of the house. We are going to have to cut it down I afraid. This is the 3rd large branch to fall. Luckily they have all fell away from the house instead of on it.
I got all my boxes put upstairs and took down the garland and lights I had on the balcony. Jim and our helper. Cody took the trash off yesterday so glad they did. It would have been blown every where. I do still have my villages out on the mantel and a table.Not in a big hurry to put those away..
Well not sure what I will do today. Just sitting here enjoying coffee with Jim right now.
Hope you all have a good day.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Ann, Vicki and Gramma. Not sure what I might do today. We are still waiting for the truck to be done at the garage, it needed a new fuel pump. Then I guess we will hold our breaths as to what the car might need to be fixed. Hubby checked fuses yesterday, hoping that was all that was wrong, but it was not.
**Ann, thought for sure you would find a cookbook or two. Disappointing when you don't find anything isn't it? Crazy weather, just can't seem to make up it's mind as to what season it is.
**Vicki, we have lost all of our snow also, every thing is muddy. Yuck. It was so nice yesterday I wanted to go to the lake, but hubby said it would be way too muddy. MMMMMmmm, I hope I can smell your bread as you bake it, tee hee. How wonderful, a grandchild staying on the weekend. Enjoy.
**Gramma, the news said one person had died, tornados are some pretty scary stuff. We have all the trees cleared away from out house, thankfully. But unfortunately neighbors still have trees that could fall on our house. I hope the bad weather has left your area.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the tree in our yard.
Hi Pattit, there was a guy that got killed in Nashville, a tree fell on a shed that he was sleeping in.
I hope you get your truck fixed at a reasonable price. Our little Ford Focus is going to have to have a power steering pump put in. Luckily Jeanna or Ira can do it themselves.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Crazy weather up here in the north to. rain yesterday freezing rain this morning now snow and lots of it we are going to get about 10 inches. charlie just got done blowing from the last snow fall . this has been the craziest Jan i have ever seen. kids had 3 days off for cold weather and freezing rain already and theres a lot of winter left they will most likely have tom. off to. calgon take me away please.
I still dont have a washer the guy that we got it from has the flu so not here yet its hard to go to laundry mat to wash clothes for 6 people. and my grandaughter changes at least 2 times a day or more. If i tell her her clothes are not dirty yet she gives me sassy face looks.
Hubby has been very edgey with the kids to . not the same person sence his stroke . I get angry with him and i know i should not at times . We need to get family counciling I think we cant get along with each other any more everyone is on edge. well enough of my problems.
Hope you all have a fine day and get something accompished today unlike myself have not even baked much at all. hugs to everyone and get well.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great day Very Happy

Grammadot, I'm in the midst of a 48 hour storm too, but my fence is still standing. Take it easy and enjoy your day with Jim.
Vicki, I stole the rain Laughing Laughing .
Ann-Marie, have fun with the critters. There was a cartoon in the newspaper yesterday picturing Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles with a silly begging kind of look on his face. The text balloon simply said: "Don't you get any ideas, my son".
PattiT, anything on your son yet?
OMG Carolyn, that's all you need, a guy that's supposed to bring you the so much needed washer getting the flu at the supreme moment. Sounds to me you and your hubby first need some time off together before any counseling. Looks like you both could use some rest.
Debbie and Tango, how are you both doing?

The storm brought us high temps, we went from a low of minus 10 last Thursday to a low of plus 13 last night. I walked to the office wearing a sweater and a raincoat this morning. Looks like autumn already.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Carolyn - Many times a stroke can change a persons personality. Much of it is from frustration at not being able to do things they could do before the stroke. Men don't want to admit that their body no longer works the way it used to. Had same problem with my DH when he was having mini-strokes, he became difficult to deal with, but I realized most of it was frustration.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CAROLYN & TANGO}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Strange weather here today....strong winds with gusts but a little on the warm side. Due to get cooler again starting this week.

Why can't we get this wind in the summer when it is so hot you can't breathe outside??? Rolling Eyes

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Me again...
You know I don't get on a soapbox too often but here comes one...

Nestle Corp. somehow got permission to remove water from the Floridan Aquifer to sell as their bottled water. Now - because of greed they are taking more than they were allotted & guess who is suffering. Shocked Anyone & everyone south of their bottling plant. This is not the first time Nestle has done inappropriate things. Many years ago Nestle started making a baby formula that for some reason wasn't selling in the states. Soooo, they shipped it to South America, Guatemala, Belize etc. Then they gave it away to rural clinics at no charge & asked them to push the local women to stop nursing & give their babies this formula. I don't know what they promised the clinics or the people in charge of the clinics for doing this.
They did-women stopped nursing their babies & Nestle gave the formula away just long enough for the women's milk to dry up. Then they stopped giving it away & started charging for it Shocked Shocked Shocked

Needless to say there was no money to purchase the formula......
That's not the best part....the formula was not milk colored---it was clear.
The women...God Bless them-not being educated thought they could replace the formula with another clear liquid......water.
I won't repeat what ensued......

For a while there was a boycott by women here in the states against Nestle, who by the way owns, a few restaurants, The Rusty Scupper is one.

Now as far as the bottled water.....yes the idiot who gave them permission should be fired, flogged, jailed, burned at the stake, drawn & quartered
Evil or Very Mad

PBS had a show about it the other day, I am having a tough time watching it - have to stop when my BP gets too high. Protestations from Florida citizens when the permit was applied for fell on deaf ears.

Well now.....I feel a little better now.

Gma....are you sure you weren't in my yard taking that picture???
You sure could have been.

Take care...

nubbins1
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information Nubbins. Now you have me thinking. I used to only buy water from springs, but that had to be extremely bad for the springs. We have well water, we paid a lot to get it treated and had a "blue" light installed so that we can drink our water. I don't understand why people think they need to buy bottled water?? I had heard about Nestle and their formula debacle, why companies can get away with such things shocks me. I thought the bottled water thing was a fad and would go away, but I don't see it slowing down any. I know one person can't make much of a difference but I will see what products Nestle makes and not purchase them. It seems like I don't buy any, but I would probably be surprised at what all they make.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: