BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TGIFriday the 1st of February 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: TGIFriday the 1st of February 2013 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

How's everybody doing today?
My day is already halfway and I can start the weekend Very Happy . Yippiiee. Laughing Need to make a good start, so the vacuum cleaner is waiting already. Mad
And I have to pick my clothes for tomorrows funeral services Sad
Nubbins, I'm so totally with you on the bottled water thing and being cheated by big companies. I hardly ever buy bottled water. Our water from the tap is of such an excellent quality, that I simply fill up a bottle I already have and take it with me.
Martha, the partying is indeed something to look forward to. Smile But that 'll be the end of April, so if the press keeps on nagging about it for almost 3 months my appetite for the party might be gone I'm afraid! Wink
So far for the moment, I'll start with a batch of laundry and the vacuum cleaner. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon, Friends!

I can hardly believe that all our snow melted by Tuesday, and residents were worried about flooding due to the rapid thaw. Now, we've seen snow every day since Wednesday... a lot of whiteout conditions. My grandchildren will enjoy sledding and making snow angels.

Fan - The local TV stations have covered Prince Willem Alexander. Many are hoping the new king comes to Holland for a visit. He has already been invited to Tulip Time. Here is one story:
http://www.wzzm13.com/video/2127615888001/1/New-Dutch-King-invited-to-Tulip-Time

Family should be arriving any minute now. I'll check in later.
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends. It is still very windy here. I am going nuts waiting to hear from my son. I talked to him for about an hour yesterday. He was not feeling very well. I worry so much about his not being able to stop losing weight. He promised me he would go to a diner across the street and eat dinner. He seems to be eating, but still losing weight.
I am going to make crab cakes, baked potatoes and snap peas for dinner this evening. I like some fresh bread crumbs in mine so I need to tear up some bread shortly. Living in the boonies like I do, I had to make some bread so I had some bread for bread crumbs.
**Vicki, the same thing happens every month. I see that you posted on recipes and hurry on over to check out your recipe. You would think sooner or later it would sink in that you are starting the post for the month. I think it is probably hard to find a child that doesn't enjoy the snow. I know your grandchildren will have a blast.
**Fan, I know what you mean about getting sick of the press going on and on about subjects. I am thinking if you keep testing cocktails out trying to find the perfect one for the April celebrations that you should have it narrowed down to just the right one by then, ha ha.
Sorry that your weekend will include funeral services.
My vacuum cleaner needs to take a trip around this house, hopefully hubby will do that next week on one of his days off.
**Gramma, great find on the coupon for the dentist. Sounds like you will have a crazy busy weekend. I never knew that you could get a warranty on false teeth. It is a great idea though. Good luck to you and your hubby on your appointments.
**Martha, I am sorry to hear that you still haven't found a use for your airline tickets. I am like you though and would not like to travel alone. We still haven't heard from the mechanic about the truck, hubby is stopping by after work. I hope someone sees your daughter's house soon and falls in love with it.
**Nubbins, yes, I think it is hilarious that some people are actually paying good money for tap water. Our well water is the best water I have ever tasted, and yes, I think water has a taste. It will be a shame to lose that 30 year old tree. To this day I think the front of my house looks naked without the tree that used to be in the front yard. It helps that my sons years ago bought me a tree for the other side of the yard.

Guess I better get myself busy. I like to give the crab cakes time to set up after I shape them.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm back from cocktails Laughing

It was a kind of farewell party for the apprentice boy. He still has tomorrow and next Saturday to work, but this Friday was the most convenient day to do cocktails and pizzas. He brought a nice exotic grasshopper for my camera and promised that he'd come regularly with some. Very Happy Enjoy the giant Katydid, still small but I'd loved to see this one as an adult.

PattiT, the mango daiquiri could be very suitable for the occasion. It's almost orange, the colour of our Royal House Laughing
Vicki, nice video. Are they gonna have festivities over there as well?

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: