BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, WEEKEND - FEBRUARY 2 & 3, 2013 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, WEEKEND - FEBRUARY 2 & 3, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

My grandson is joining us this morning. I promised he would eat French Toast the next time he stayed overnight. (Something not usually on our menu.) DH estimates that we received another 6 to 8 inches of snow last night.

Fan - I don't know if Holland will have festivities... probably. My daughter would hear before I would.

PattiT
- Ok, ok. I'm posting the French Toast recipe, which is rather basic. But, I use dense cinnamon bread that makes it a treat. Smile

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my sons Dr.s finally called him yesterday. They said they needed to run the tests again?? Now my son seems worried, although he told me it could turn out to be nothing. I surely don't think so, when I called him at 8 he was already in bed because he was exhausted. He used to run circles around everyone and had such energy. Sorry to keep going on about him, this seems like the only place I can talk about him.
My back and leg hurt so bad all night I didn't get much sleep. Enough whining from me.
**Fan, did you drink all those cocktails?? Just kidding, they sure looked very appetizing. We have Karydids here I have heard them many times, but I don't think I ever saw one. I hate grasshoppers because I am always afraid one will jump on me, and this looks like a jumper also so I am probably glad I never saw one.
**Vicki, thank you for placating me. I love french toast. That is a recipe I am always playing around with. Wow, you sure are getting the snow. We are supposed to get some starting about 3 this afternoon. I hope it doesn't amount to much, since we are going to the final winter swim meet.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki - same here, we are getting a good snow shower this morning...it's the fine snow with wind. The roads were awful coming home on Thur, the rain had frozen so the roads were nothing but ice, we slid a few times.

PattiT - funny, growing up I didn't care for French Toast now that I'm older my tastes have changed and I enjoy eating it. Hope your son gets good news, I hate that when docs do that -- do tests then decided they need to do an extra one or repeat it.

We will be down to 9 critters today. Shocked Shocked Crazy, huh?!!

Hope everyone has a good day -- stay warm!!

Ann

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD AFTERNOON GIRLS......Seems like I can not get on here everyday. If it wasn't for me being sick it's the fact that I feel I need to pay more attention to Jim! I'm still not feeling good, chilly, coughing up nasty stuff from my Lungs foot is hurting really bad and worrying about Jim finding a Job with Benefits. Jim's old company has the health insurance so screwed up I'd liker to scream. Sorry to Rant, but geesh if I was still in the work force I would have been fired several times if I screwed up like some of these people. Patti Have you heard anymore from your Son? I will so keep him in our prayers! Well I need to keep this short and go elevate my foot! I'm ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL!!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

I had a terrible busy day today. At 8.45 me, the other neighbours and shopkeepers gathered for a cup of coffee in order to line up in front of the fast food joint waiting for the funeral procession. The procession drove slowly into our street stopping in front of the fast food joint and we all kept a minute of silence, then the procession slowly continued and we joined driving our own cars. To me this was the most impressive part. Then the funeral services were held and we all took our "Tinie" to her resting place. In all there were probably around a hundred people attending besides the family, which was pretty impressive too.
Then in the afternoon I headed for Delft to have dinner with my distant cousin, which was a really nice thing after such a serious morning. We chit chatted about her up coming holiday trip to Japan. She asked me to make up a small Japanese vocabulary.
Debbie, sorry to hear you are not feeling very well. Is there any chance of Jim's old company making any repairs on the health insurance? How is your foot doing?
Ann-Marie, only 9 today Smile ? Please drive carefully.
PattiT, they were delicious Laughing . The katydid on the pic was only a youngster and the size of an inch, but the adult ones come as big as 2 or 2,5 inches. I'll keep your son in my prayers.
Vicki, have fun with your grandson this weekend and enjoy the French toast. Laughing
Just one last burning question: Are you ready for the SUPERBOWL??????

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - off this weekend. Smile As for the Super Bowl, no big deal...neither Jim or I are interested in football.

{{{Debbie}}} - my sis had the body aches and cold...took her several weeks to get over it. These flu strains seem to be hanging on longer and longer as the years pass.

Went to our "new" super Walmart yesterday...they are making them now to look like the Sam's Clubs - nice though. Found a 3 piece set of Anchor Hocking baking dishes...needed a big one to make a pan of lasagna to take to work. Wink Smile Then later in the afternoon we went up to Thrifty Shopper, not many people out as it had snowed through the day. Found 3 Community cookbooks and one other cookbook.

Would like to go into Erie later to Hobby Lobby, look at their yarn.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe today!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a brilliant Sunday Very Happy

The weather is awful today, it's raining off an on. So I slept in this morning and made a quick grocery run in between the raindrops Laughing However didn't buy any chicken wings and no buffalo sauce Wink
Ann-Marie, are you gonna start knitting? I use to do that in class when I was in high school Laughing Laughing . No Superbowl for me either, it isn't even broadcasted over here.
{{{Debbie, Tango, PattiT and Carolyn}}}, hang in there. I'll keep you in my prayers.

知人者智,自知者明
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Not alot of time right now have prepare food for super bowl . hubbys family a few of them are coming over for the game have no idea what i am making yet for sure have ides though. I dont even watch the game . that the bad part. I will go hide in my bedroom if they get to loud as they always do. I will go in my room and listen to my I pod with my earplugs in. not my idea to have it anyway.
Deb and patti hope everything is better health wise .
Fan sounds like you had a good time yesterday sounds like fun.
Well another thing I am upset about is the wash machine we got is acting up already. I was so mad yesterday I almost told the guy to come and get it he is coming to service it for free today anyway I told hubby I am not paying him for it until its fixed right. well have a great day anyway.

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - no knitting for me...I have tons of plastic canvas books up in the hobby room, have been digging around in those looking for things to make for the girls at work. It's relaxing for me, especially after a rough day of work.
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann-Marie, too bad. I desperately need a pair of new socks matching my wooden shoes Laughing Laughing
Carolyn, just make sure you survive the Superbowl Wink
Instead of the chicken wings with buffalo sauce, I made my self a spicy Thai style chicken curry for dinner.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: