BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THURSDAY, February 7th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: THURSDAY, February 7th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Fan - yep, he showed two of them - one from Tue and one from Sunday. Smile Come on over, will give you a tour of the creeks and Lake Erie...love the nature around this area.

PattiT - it wasn't really that cold over there, was surprised. Don't know if it's because some of the Lake was frozen or what, but there was hardly any wind that day. Or maybe the snow/ice dunes protected us a little bit.

Grammadot - they told my Sis to wear hers so that her gums would form with her new teeth. She had trouble for a few days but they adjusted them and now you would never know she has dentures.

Ended up at the doc's office last night. Was working and I had sudden pain in the top of my head. Made my stomach upset. I knew what it was -- sinus infection. He told me I was really congested. So I am on antiobiotics (again) and he recommended taking some decongestant too. Told him I have been battling this for 2 months but the past few weeks it just kept getting worse and worse.

We are up to 9 critters. Has been nice having so few, been able to get extra things done plus organize too...wonderful!! Very Happy

Hope everyone is doing well, Spring is just around the corner!!!

Later,
Ann

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING ANN and OTHERS..... I have been sick a w DOG! Not with the Flu, but that other Virus going around, acts like the flu, but no fever just lots and lots of It coming out of both ends at the same time for a couple days. I even called our doctor for some Meds for it, because I thought Jim and I both were going to get Dehydrated. We both started feeling some better last nite, just a little bit week still. I had to cancel my appt to the Wound Care doctor to have my heal checked, that was only the 3rd or 4th time I've had to do that. Told Jim if he thought we be strong enough to go today if I can get an appt. So at 8, I'll give them a call. Sure do miss everyone! Hope this finds everyone doing OK. ANN, glad you went to the doctor for that Sinus Infection, seems like Meds are the only thing that will clear them up. PATTICAKE, How you doing with all your teeth pulled or has it happened yet? When I'm not on every day I lose track of what is going on. FAN and VICKI Our DUTCH GIRLS and anyone else that is interested of course......here is BLOG site that is put out by a DUTCH Lady with LOTS of DUTCH RECIPES! I thought you girls would like checking them out!

http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/category/recipes

So anyone hear about the HUGE BLIZZARD that is headed towards the upper coast of PA, NY and all states above that? Expecting 24 inches! I pray that will miss ALL of you, but does anyone have Family in those areas? By the way speaking of Family...PATTI, have you heard from your SON? I so pray he has had some good news. And speaking of prayers, TANGO how are you doing.....you are on my mind everyday because I pray for you! CAROLYN, Same for you my friend....I pray that someday soon you will be healthy and happy.

Well, It's almost 8 and I need to call the doctor, see if I can get in today, hopefully this morning. Wishing everyone a good day! Mr. Phil from PA says an EARLY Spring, so we'll see! HUGS to ALL!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Ann and Debbie. Our weather forecasters are so great with storms, they are predicting "we could get nothing or lots of snow"?? They get paid money for that?? Hubby and I think we could do just as good if not better predicting. Hubby says well at least they are covering their butts. Can't go wrong with forecasts like those.
**Ann, I have been battling a sinus infection for a couple of weeks now. I am going to try more saline rinses and hope that it helps. I bet it is so nice to be able to get all caught up on things at work. Have you and Jim been making anything good lately. You used to say what Jim was cooking, I miss hearing what every one is having. Gives me good ideas for us.
**Debbie, I hope and pray that you are able to get an appt. today. Seems like that Noro virus is really hitting a lot of people lately. I thought it was something you only got on cruise ships because that is where you always heard about it. Apparently you don't need to cruise anywhere to be stricken with this lovely illness. I am very happy that you checked in today.
At Madison's last swim event there was a man with a mask (the medical kind) on and I thought there was a smart idea, with all the sickness going around. I just don't think I could pull off that look, ha ha.
I have been keeping you and Jim in my prayers.

Hubby found out at his Dr. appt. that just as I had "diagnosed" weeks ago the he did indeed have shingles. She said he is almost over it and next time he should come in sooner. She also said that he should get the shot, but you have to wait a year after an outbreak to get that.
I will be on pins and needles today, waiting for my son to find out HOPEFULLY what is going on with him. I told hubby last night that if my son needs me I want to go help him. He said "Well, of course." I really did get a good one. To think I had been nervous to tell him my intentions.

I am going to be making beef stew today. Seems windy out there and I know hubby will appreciate a nice warm stick to your ribs meal when he gets off work.
I will try to check back later to see if any more friends have checked in.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out recipes from that site, looks great. Thanks for the link.

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son's room mate called, she said Nick knew if he called I would cry. He does have cancer, Hodgkin Lymphoma. He has an appt. with a world renowned oncologist on Tuesday to discuss what path will be taken. This diagnosis explains all of his symptoms. The Dr. said that of all cancers this has the best chance of survival so that is good. I am kind of in shock, he seems so young to be dealing with cancer, but he apparently is in the age group where most people develop Hodgkin.
I am asking once again for prayers for him. I hope he is strong enough for the treatments, he is so weak and has lost so much weight.
On top of this his room mate Tina is scheduled for gall bladder removal on the 15th. They already have someone lined up to help them through this, but I assured them that I would come right away if there is anything I could help with. Naturally I am very upset that I am not in better condition to be able to help with cleaning etc. Life sucks sometimes.
Gotta go for now.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great day.

No snow this morning, but hailstones and low temps. I wanted to be efficient today and make a grocery run straight after leaving the office. So I took the bike with me to the office, but forgot to bring my wallet Laughing Laughing Laughing Had to drive home first after work to fetch my wallet.
Desperately tried to declutter my office desk today Shocked , cause it had almost disappeared in a mountain of paperwork. We do have paperless work flows for the mail and office documents going through the organization, but somehow it's difficult digitizing the past of the organization. And it always seems to find my desk. I reclaimed a third of my desk back. Laughing
{{{PattiT}}}, I'll keep your son and his friend in my prayers. Luckily Gary is on the mend from his shingles.
Debbie, I checked the site too and I can tell you the recipes are pretty authentic. I hope you succeed in getting an appointment today.
Ann-Marie, still got two corners to turn before spring. We are in a cold spell again for this week and next week too. So it wouldn't be a bad idea checking out the icy creeks of your area. Wink

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!
They've been predicting snow all week... but so far all we have is 3-4 inches. That's "nothing" in this neck of the woods. We'll see what tomorrow brings. ( Like those of you in the Pa area, we are supposed to get a good storm tonite or tomorrow!)

Grammadot - Thanks to your comments and Ann's mention of her sister, I've decided to go ahead and schedule my own dental work. I made an appointment for Monday!! I'm actually excited to be able to smile without everyone seeing a mouth full of metal! I've been wanting to do it for 20 years or so, but I was afraid. So keep me posted on how you're doing.

Ann - Your pictures of your little hike the other day were beautiful. It looked so cold and windy, I don't know how you do it. I don't go anywhere except from the house to the car in this weather!!

Pattit- So sorry to hear about your son! At least he has one of the "more curable" cancers. The doctors have come a long way in some kinds of treatment. Keep thinking positive and we will all be praying for him.

Debbie - Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. There is so much stuff going around this time of year!! Pleeease get to the wound care doctor as soon as you can... you can't let that go either.

Fan - Hail and low temps! I think I'd rather have the snow!! How on earth do you get around on your bicycle in that weather?? I would skid right into the canal, for sure! Good luck with the mountain of paperwork on your desk. Doesn't it feel like such an accomplishment when you clear off a little spot! (ah, I remember those days so well)

Tango - How are you? Know that we are all praying for you!

When I went to see my mother today, I talked her into going downstairs to visit the library for the first time. She's always been a big reader and used to read a book or two a week!! Lately she has trouble reading and she really misses it. Her eyesight is fine but with her short term memory, she has trouble remembering what she read. She will put a book down and when she picks it up again, she won't be able to remember what it was about or who all the characters are. Isn't that sad? But she picked a couple of books that looked good and she's going to try again.

Jim has been sick (who isn't? right?) He sounds like he has the same sinus thing that Ann is fighting. (Ann have you been hanging out with MY Jim instead of your own?? Shocked ) So I haven't seen him for a week or so! At least that gives me a chance to finish all the leftovers in the fridge since I haven't been cooking!!

Well, I'd better quit jabbering away.... the truth is - the kitty (who usually lays on my keyboard while I try to type) is asleep in the other room, so I could talk for awhile. Very Happy
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI GIRLS......Just now had the chance to get back here. It's been one of those weird days where I can't seem to get anything done or even feel like done anything. Poor Jim had the front end of the truck taken apart because it needed a part fixed before it would pass inspection. I told him to go have a garage do it, no way that would cost $600.00 or more. We Don't have a garage, so here he was laying out on that COLD concrete, sure hope he doesn't get sick. No aptt. for my Foot today. The earliest I can get in is Monday at 10:30. ...So I told her I hope I can stay well that long! My Goodness the have sense revised the Blizzard areas to pretty much get All you girls in PA, MI, and NY! Some areas expecting more than others. So be careful if you are out and about...they actually say stay off the roads.

**FAN, Glad you like the link to that Blog site. It seemed like something you and Vicki would like.

**PATTI, My oh my.....my Heart goes out to you! I sat here and almost dried for you and him! What is his name again?The news about your Son is one that no one wanted to face or hear. I can only imagine how lost you much feel not having him close to home. Like you said he will need to get stronger before they can start treating him. Thank God it is so treatable too. Please know that my prayers are being said for him and You and Gary as well. Remember to take care of yourself, while taking care of him. Tina's gall Bladder surgery should be healed quickly, since they do the Auto-sound surgery now. I wish her well too. You mentioned a man wearing one of those hospital mask to the Swim meet...Jim mentioned that the other day for us! Lots of the Viruses going around in out Community. I just rather stay in. Congratulations to Madison for another job well done. She's a good little girl, one I know you are proud of.

Well, I better get ready for bed. I'll try hard to be back tomorrow! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: