BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, June 22nd & SUNDAY, June 23rd, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, June 22nd & SUNDAY, June 23rd, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

What a wonderful day yesterday...was sunny, warm and enjoyable outside. Sat out on the deck and read the newspaper then later a mystery by Diana Mott Davidson (only into the 3rd chapter on the book). Smile Went to Thrifty Shopper in the afternoon, dropped off a box of books and some clothes. Found a Pillsbury magazine that I needed and a cute sleeveless top, even found a newer TOH Simple & Delicious mag up there too that looked interesting.

Fan - how is Myo today???

Here are a couple of pictures of Leo trying to get to a moth that is in between the glass sliding door and the screen:

You can see the moth in the third picture. Smile

Hope everyone has an awesome day/weekend!!!

Take care,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Smashing pics An-Marie, very typical for cats Laughing I've been doing today what you did yesterday Very Happy .
Fiddled and diddled around all day. Only cleaned the first floor and did a batch of laundry. Had coffee at the pet shop, brooding out all kinds of things we would like our friends to do for us. Decided on having a mutual friend baking pancakes for us in the near future. Laughing I want mine with peanut butter and sambal or with bacon. And off course we discussed this year's soused herring. Last Wednesday my country celebrated "Vlaggetjesdag".
http://www.vlaggetjesdag.com/english
It was supposed to be on June 8th, because of the cold Spring it was postponed to last Wednesday. But I was so entangled up in work, that I didn't go out to get my "Soused herring".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soused_herring
Today I bought my box with the treasured herrings.

Traditionally they are consumed with finely chopped raw onions or in a roll of white bread if you are Dutch, but the Frisian in me orders me to eat them on dark rye bread Cool

garnished with the chopped onions Very Happy for lunch.

Yum.
Myo is doing okay, but I'm still waiting for her litterbox production, if that's happening regularly I'll be assured she's really picking up.
For now I have to find out about tomorrow's dinner. Might be a consommé à l'orange or a fish broth with rice noodles and tiger prawns or maybe something with zucchini. Got to check the latest issue of BBC Good food magazine first Laughing .

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - poor Myo..hope she gets over it soon. Not big on fish, can't eat it...every time I do I get really sick. Sad

Day went by quick today!! Shocked 13 critters!

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann-Marie, maybe that's why some people have kitties Wink . Glad your day went by quick with only 13. I'm gonna tuck in. Talk to ya'll tomorrow again

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this and thought it was interesting:

http://www.stilltasty.com/
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a brilliant Sunday Very Happy

Ann-Marie, that's an interesting link. Might make people think twice before they throw away food.
My day started out very rainy. Had a batch of laundry hanging outside and it got totally drenched Sad . By now the sun has come out and is cooperating with the strong wind, so hopefully it'll be dry by dinner time in another two hours.
Didn't feel much like going out in the rain and kept my self busy with sorting out pictures and putting them into my recipes on Bakespace. I also added three recipes I once did for the Monthly Recipe Challenge. I really think I should be more diligent in adding recipes and not only the pics of my food over here Rolling Eyes

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY A BIG HELLO TO ALL MY BAKESPACE FRIENDS......Seems I will never get back on track of daily posting, but I do think of you all daily. There is just no way I can keep my legs dangling from a chair for any length of time and usually once I check in on the computer I seem to never make it back for visiting with Jim and Now the Grandchildren too. I have been feeling like I'm just this side of going to the hospital, but so far I have managed to keep myself out and at home. I tried to do a wee bit of cooking the other day and it wasn't possible as I could not stand for but a few minutes before my legs would give out. So I have handed the rains to the kitchen to Jim until I get better.

We have been having some Fantastic weather...oh we've had some storms, but it's only made things look nice. Jim and I were on the road early this morning headed South and I jokingly said to Jim how it felt like the kind of morning that we were headed to Florida. Jim said well we can go, I have a Debit card... :lol Jim is selling his URL Motorcycle and his Shop-Smith and his Bench Saw...sold the saw yesterday, almost $4oo. in our funds to pay bills. We paid off the house and also our one and only Credit Card...so it feels good NOT to have those bills hanging over our head, especially the house, when times get really tough, we will always have our house! Have all my info on my SS Disability, waiting to get on Part B and Part D, hope they hurry and get things moving as we will be without Insurance at the end of June and I told Jim I don't want to pay another $1000.00 again!

**ANN, LOve those Rose pictures, LOve those pictures of Leo trying to catch the Moth! So you have Vacation coming this week. Hope the weather holds out and you have good Kayaking weather. Have a nice visit with your Mom and Donna.

**FAN, The Sea Gull chicks have hatched huh. It won't be just a few days until they peek their little heads to have their picture taken. I sure hope Myo starts to feels better. A really good picture of her sleeping! All that Fish is something that You may have my share, I could never eat that...not a Fish lover at all!

**PATTI, My Dear Friend....I can only imagine the hurt and pain you are feeling right now. To see your Son so sick and NOT getting better. How long has he had Pneumonia? What are his doctors telling him? I will be keeping you and him in my Prayers for a remission in the near future. Also don't you woory your sweet little self about me, OK? ((Patti and Nick))

**PAT, What a touching phone call from your Husband. For him to understand the conversation and want to come home and take care of you. How wonderful you are feeling better , just listen to your doctor, you know the one you'll get to know very well and don't over-do. I bet it was a nice surprise the Qui was able to visit you while you were in the hospital. Did I understand you correctly that the G.S. is cutting your lawn? That is very nice of them.

**MARTHA, Good Luck in deciding on a car. I would love to have something different too. We have a small pick-up truck and it has hardly any leg room, which with the way my legs are, they get cramped fast and then it leads into muscle spasms. What are you leaning to? You mentioned setting on your deck reading and listening to the birds sing....that is one of my Fav. things to do too.

Well, I need to get the legs up. Remember I think of you ALL always! Have a good rest of the day! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, lovely to see you posting again. I really hope your insurance issues will be solved soon, cause you need to be able to go to hospital if necessary. Please take good care of your self. Sorry to hear Jim has to sell things to make ends meet. I''l be keeping both of you in my mind too.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: