BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - AUGUST 3 & 4, 2013 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - AUGUST 3 & 4, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

What a fun morning... went to the Farmer's Market. Michigan apricots, Michigan blueberries, and Michigan corn will be on the menu this week. Some of the blueberries will be in the freezer.

And, we were almost home when four deer crossed the street just ahead of us!

AND, Bake Space came up this morning... without a problem.

PattiT - You'll have a fun weekend with family! Thank you for telling us about Debbie. AND, mentioning Scrabble and Gouda. Smile

Fan - Yes, we have chocolate sprinkles, too (but did not use them). I cannot believe the continued heat that you're enduring! Are thunderstorms still planned this weekend? Sad

Chris - I plan on copying all three recipes. I'm so glad you are posting more regularly. Smile

((Martha)) - I hope your surgery goes smoothly.
Here is the kind of rusk we had yesterday. Smile

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a brilliant weekend Very Happy

Vicki, all the thunderstorms passed over due to an almost stormy wind from the sea and without a drop of rain Laughing And the temps didn't get any higher than 80F, and because of the wind it felt like 70F. Brilliant.
Chris, the "Bolletje" brand is the no. 1 brand in the Netherlands. Cool . Zwieback is almost the same thing, only slightly sweeter in taste.
Martha, congrats on passing the test. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a quick and smooth recovery from surgery.
I spent my day recuperating from yesterdays heat. Trotted around gathering food in my street. Made myself a lazy dinner for lunch by finishing the remaining coleslaw and buying hot deep fried fish from the fish monger, yum.

Lovely to have a fish monger so close, that the fish is still hot when you get home. Laughing
Tomorrow I have to do the bills. And depending the temps there's still a shed needing to be cleaned out. For tonight no rains forecasted, so I'm gonna "hang out all the laundry" overnight Wink

知人者智,自知者明
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi girls!!

I've been having way too many bad tummy days Sad

Hope all is well with all!

Hopefully I can get back to posting regular again???!!

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Evening, Friends!

We had a nice dinner with a combination of leftovers and fresh vegetables. We'll each have a fresh apricot for a dessert this evening.

Bake Space is still slow to sign in. I finally opened another window to show I'm signed in. Then, it took forever for The Breakfast Club to show up, again.

Fan - What a brilliant day you enjoyed. I also found it interesting that the Bolletje brand is the Number 1 brand!!

Tango - So nice to see you, and I hope your tummy problems improve.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Well I guess it will never end for me . surgery on the 12th for hernia and navel fistulas may have to remove my navel yicks sounds scary. planned on going camping on tues but we will have to see. my stomach hurts so bad. my step mom is in a hospital because she has altimers i dont know if i can handle any more bad news. did pick a few raspberries and some garden green beans and peas this week. my cucumbers are almost ready what a time to have to have surgery almost canning season. ouch

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING GIRLS.......I sure have missed you all. I just haven't been feeling well at all and have lost most interest of being on the computer....hope that doesn't last too much longer. I do check in with Tiffany on Facebook a few times a week only if she said she has posted some pictures of the kids.

Life here goes on Jim got an extension on his Unemployment which is a life saver. He is selling off some of his Toys.....like the Motorcycle with the side car, only thing is with that situation the guy wanted to trade him his motorcycle for the Url, so Jim called his buddy at the bike shop and he said he wouldn't have any trouble selling it, will that's been 3 weeks ago. We stand to gain $5,000. when it's sold! I finally got singed up for Part B on my Medicare. Now just need to do the part for the Meds. Won't get it done in time and I'm really worried what OUR COST for Meds will be this month WITHOUT Insurance. I talked to the Pharmacy to see if they could try to push it through a few days early and he said I'll try....No word and it should have been done by the 31st. Had Jim take me to the ER the other evening about 6, had been feeling really bad for a few days...kinda like I wasn't long to meet my maker and it scared me. Of course hocked me to all the wires, ran the Blood work, came back in several hours later and said the blood work showed a blood clot somewhere they didn't no where , so up to MRI for pictures of my Lungs. That was the last we heard form any Nurses or the doctor , until at 3:30 am I insisted that Jim go hunt up someone. He came back and said the doctor was eating his lunch and he'd be in when he got finished. Well needless to say bay this time I was Furious! When he finally got in there he said, your Blood showed an elevation and there was probably an infection, I want to keep you over-nite for observation. I said I don't think so, you will un-hook me from all these wires, I'm going home.Of course Jim chimes in and agrees with the docotr, so I had to put BOTH of them in their place. Now wait listen he said you don't understand, yes I do, I understand you have kept me here long enough to observe and I'm going home, so un-hock me. You mean you are disregarding what I am telling you? YES I am, no un-hock me! Well you have to sign a paper saying you left at you own free will and against my orders and if something were to happen the hospital would NOT be Liable! I signed the papers and and I got dressed and left. All was quiet on the Drive home. Jim has never seen me lose my temper like that.I never used bad language towards him which I'm sure alot of people would have. I get compliments from Nurses about what a sweet patient I am. SO Jim finally breaks the silence ...."Babe I'm only going to bring this up once, then I'll say No More about it. You were very RUDE and Dis respective to the doctor. " I didn't comment back. Well the next morning I had time to reflect on the whole ordeal and I know Jim is always looking out for my Best interest so I apologized to him and as for the doctor, I think a phone call to the head of the hospital is in order. No reason that I can think of that he could not have admitted me earlier in the evening, so we could Both try to get some sleep! Sorry for the Rant!
Also my foot is Not getting better, doctor took a culture and it came back with MRSA pretty bad, so bad the an oral anti-biotic wouldn't work, so I had to go in and have a PICK_LINE inserted and everyday for 4 weeks I go and have this pouch that holds to doses, one at noon and one at mid-nite, auto dispense. I about feel over and told the nurse she was just kidding. I told her sometimes I don't feel well enough to go out....too bad you need to be here with out fail even on the week-ends!
Tiffany and the kids are living here now, the kids are with their Dad every other week, but that will change when school starts. On the weeks that the kids are not here Tiffany runs 24/7! She does go to school still and is liking it, but the rest of her Life is like she has reverted back to when she was in High School! Even though I have been more sick than usual, she has not offered to help out around here. I was nice enough to let her bring her cat from home and she is way to Lazy to keep the litter box clean out , plus it has Fleas and they get brought in from that room where she stays, to inside the main part of the house and eat me alive. School starts the last week of this month and I'm hoping to start to feel a bit better, so we can do something a little fun with the kids, movie, Zoo or Amish Country (the kids love to ride in the Amish wagon) But a 1/2 day out and about here just wears me out to no end!

Well, I need to close this Chapter and go read what all I've missed these past few weeks! Like I said I sure did miss you girls and will try to stop in more often! HUGS![/list]

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{Debbi}}} I hope things will straighten out for you soon. I know what you mean about Tiffany not doing her share of things. She should be helping you and taking care of her own pets too. Our supposed helper that was staying here got to where he was making more for us to do than helping out. luckily he got himself out with the help of the police. Dummy!!! I posted about it already, but he called the cops on his gf cause she wasn't leaving fast enough for him, and they arrested him instead.
{{{Carolyn}}} I feel for you honey, Things really need to start looking up you soon.
Tango- glad to see you posting again. Hope your tummy troubles get better soon.
Fan-that fish looks yummy,
Vicky-fresh fruit and veggies are always good.
Martha- hope your surgery goes well.

I got a new laptop over the weekend. So maybe I can post a little more often. We have tax free weekend for school supplies, computers and clothes for back to school. So I saved around $70.00 my getting it now.
Jim's dds are having some issues now. the older one is moving from TX to CO to move in with her sister and her dh, The hubby went to TX to help her move and now the younger sister called last night and told Jim she didn't think that it was going to work out, so while they are on the way out there, she is wanting change her mind about it. We may have to go and get her and bring her here to live with us. GRR!!!
Well I had better get up and get some things done today. I stayed on my new computer all day yesterday. It was raining anyway. LOL

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

Debbie, you did it. Almost a complete book chapter Smile . I'm glad you checked in, I was getting quite worried about you. Sorry you had to go through such an ordeal again. You both are in my thoughts and I really wish your health is going to improve with the pic-line.
Tango, hang in there girl. Just hope you are feeling better soon.
Carolyn, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Grammadot, sounds like you are about to step in a soap drama. But congrats on the new laptop.
I got up early again this morning, since the heat is coming back. Started with a nice breakfast and coffee in the yard while it was still comfortably cool. But I already heard the shed calling at me. After having showered it started yelling and despite of the temps rising I decided to clear it out before it would start screaming. Spent the whole morning sorting out, cleaning and reorganizing. But it's finally done after being neglected for almost 3 years. Embarassed
Then I made my self some Mantı for lunch, it was from a box I found in the Turkish supermarket. And if you look carefully at the shapes, you will understand why I normally go for the deconstructed version of it instead of the real thing. It's just to much fiddeling and diddeling to make such small ravioli.

Too bad it tasted only so so. It's so much better if it's freshly made.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: