BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sat. Aug 24 & Sund Aug 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Sat. Aug 24 & Sund Aug 25 Reply with quote

Latest update concerning Debbie, from Tiffany:
What a day it has been. Mom is doing about the same. She slept pretty much the entire time I was with her today. Which is ok but she seems so helpless and I feel helpless. AS of right now she will be getting an appointment at Cleveland clinic. We should know more about that Monday. Thank goodness.

I REALLY need to dust today, hope I can find some energy to do it. No big plans for the weekend here. I wish there was, I kept hinting to hubby that I would like to do something, just him and I. I think he is leaning towards golfing with Madison tomorrow. Then we will do something on Thursday after my Dr.s appt.
**Ann, I was always told that itching was a sign that something was healing, hope that is the case for you.
A nice contemplative day might be very healing for you. I hope the pain of all you have been through eases up soon. It is awesome that you have so many good memories of good times. Try as I might, I can not remember any good times with my mother. I am lucky though that I have so many good memories of my MIL, a wonderful loving person.
**Fan, I hope you were able to find something good to watch on the telly. Hubby watched sports all night, again. Yuck. Good think I have a computer to play on when he is watching things I don't care for on t.v.

They put in a Dollar General at the end of our road, I am loving it, I have been there 3 out of 4 days checking things out. It is so nice to have something this close to be able to get essentials rather than have to have hubby stop on his way home from work to get things. I am so surprised that our little town got such a nice store!? I hope it makes a go of it.

Hope everyone has something fun to do this weekend.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PattiT and everybody else, have a great weekend Very Happy

I had a fun day outside on the street today, sitting in the sun, sipping coffee, afternoon nap, laundry, a bit of cooking and cocktails after dinner. Our youngsters are coming back from vacation one by one, full of stories about vacation hardships like parental supervision, missing the dog who stayed at home and the holiday sweethearts left behind. Funny stories Laughing
Ann-Marie, I hope you have enjoyed your day being away from everything.
PattiT, not much on telly last night, I ended up falling a sleep. Convenient having a Dollar General that close. Do they have fresh foods as well? Thanks for telling us about Debbie. I really hope they are able to do something for at Cleveland clinic. I'll keep her in my prayers.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't do what I had planned, as in escaping for the day. Washed the sheets off the beds then went into Erie to get kitty food & litter. Came home and ate lunch then just puttered around here. Sat out on the deck for a little bit with a cooking magazine, ended up falling asleep out there!! Didn't go to bed til 10:30 last night, past my bedtime since I am back to work. Caught up to me this afternoon.

pattiT - hope that Cleveland Clinic can figure out what's going on with Debbie.

Fan - isn't it nice to sit back and relax, drink a cup of coffee and just enjoy the air?!

Weeded the flowers out back and gave them all a good drink. Hoping we get a day of rain soon...every thing is so dry looking. My poor hanging basket flowers are dying because of the heat and no rain, gave them an extra good drink. Tomorrow night will give them a a good drink but with flower vitamins.

Later,
Ann

carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

I have been busy even though my dr said no lifting for 4 weeks had my embilical hurnia removed had a lot of staples and last week he took out halk and this week the other half . bad timing when its garden season and canning have beans up the butt been giving them away. and cucumbers are coming by the bucket fulls need to make hot dog relish this year that hubby and ny daughter cleaned the canning shelfs off and through a lot of my good stuff away when i was gone last time. been in a lot of pain with the dam staples he put in about 15 and every time i put clothes on it rubs right where the staples are cant wait to heal the rest of the way.
Hubbys been good about helping me with the lifting though i am not suppose to lift more than 10 lbs. hard when you have garden work to do. my tomatos are starting to ripped now to so wont be long before canning them.
Sorry to hear about are Deb is not doing well i which the best for here. my step mom has altimers now she cant stay home alone so nusing home time for her. my dad turned 93 yesterday and he cant take care of her by himself any more. well hope everythng is well with all. patti sorry about your son having cancer hope is getting better.
Ann glad yourteeth are doing better . sorry about the eye scratch i have alergies so always rubbing my eyes than i got infection in them always someting .

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More news about Debbie, hopefully this will be the beginning of helping her to get better.
From Tiffany:
Just talked to dad they just left to take mom to Cleveland. Dad is driving she is being transported by squad. Prayers please. She isn't nervous but I am. Happy that she has the chance and took it to go but still nervous. Hoping they can help tremendously!! I'm going to have grey hair by the time she gets home with not being able to be there!!

We had tacos for dinner, had so seasoning packets or taco shells so made it completely home made. Made good use of some heirloom tomatoes that needed eaten today. Guess I will be getting more ready for the freezer tomorrow.

**Carolyn, thanks for checking in. Be sure to listen about the lifting, I lifted Madison (she was just a baby) when I came home after my hernia operation and tore some stitches on the inside. I made sure to listen from them on. My kids make fun of me because I said I can't go away anywhere right now because there is too much produce to take care of and I have way less of a garden than you. I just hate wasting good produce. I had staples for my last surgery also, I was quite shocked because I had no idea they were going to do that. I am glad that your hubby is able to help you.
My son is doing okay with his chemo, seems to have affected his brain, he is in his words "fiesty" I hope I get my son back when chemo is over. He is so different right now. He hopes to be done with chemo in Sept. then they wait awhile and do a scan to see if everything is gone. I will be holding my breath until then, well figuratively anyway.
**Ann, seems like we all have been enjoying some outside time. Hubby and I sat on the porch the last two nights enjoying the weather. We saw a hummingbird tonight. I love when we see them.
**Fan, no fresh foods at the Dollar General, that would make it even greater although I am so picky with produce it probably wouldn't suit my anyway.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello ladies, Sorry I haven't been on much.
I hope Debbie gets to feeling better soon,
Thank you Pattit for keeping us updated on her condition. Nick is in my thoughts and prayers too.
Martha- hope you get to feeling better too.
Carolyn-you too.
Ann- you are still in my thoughts too.
What a night!! I woke up early this morning and thought I heard Jim yell "Patti Help!!" So I jumped up out of the bed and looked over and didn't see him in the bed, so looked in the bathroom and he wasn't in there. I yelled "Honey are you OK!!?" and I woke him up, He was in the bed, covered up, but it was dark and didn't see him. Of course I was panicked when I woke up to that.
He said that he was having a dream about me but doesn't remember saying anything. LOL!!
We went to an estate sale on Friday and bought a few things, I got an old Hoosier cabinet, with the flour bin in it, that is in really good shape, for $250.00

an old magazine rack, record cabinet, 2 metal cabinets, and old sewing basket, picinic basket and a bunch of newer photo storage boxes. plus a few other things. I spent a total of $330.00 on everything. I could have spent even more if I had had room in my truck.
I cleaned the kitchen yesterday to make room for my cabinets, and I was so exhausted last night.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great day Very Happy

Grammadot, that cabinet is a real beauty. Awesome.
PattiT, yummy. Home made tacos.
Ann-Marie, it's really nice chilling out that way. Sorry you couln't make it to the woods.
Carolyn, please listen to the doctor's orders and leave the lifting for your hubby. Glad to hear he's stepping up and helping. I know that staples really hurt, I had them after hip surgery. When are you scheduled to get rid of them?
I went out to the city center today. At the end of summer quite a lot of cities have an "Uitmarkt", where they are presenting a preview of the cultural events, plays and shows for the coming winter. I went out to see a troubadour, a cheese workshop and a soulband.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: