BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - SEPTEMBER 7 and 8, 2013 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - SEPTEMBER 7 and 8, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

What a busy week, including one night when we had dinner at my MIL's with Karl's cousin from Nebraska. The next morning and dinner, he was here. The rest of the week we were on the run.

BUT, we did make it to the Farmer's Market yesterday morning. Concord grapes, a different variety of corn on the cob, plums, etc.... I can't wait to get a bushel of Cortland apples soon. Should be very soon.... the early apples are already out. You can definitely tell the seasons are changing, AND this year's weather is far superior than last year. Smile

We have no special plans scheduled for this weekend. That may change as the day and weekend progresses. Very Happy

Wishing you have a blessed weekend!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Ended up going to the doc yesterday for the sinus issue. She told me I had a bad case of sinus infection again. She gave me a Z-pack also told me to keep taking the Zyrtec for the allergies. Can tell, my eyes, cheeks and head hurt...and I'm tired.

We've had quite a few critters in the past few days, anywhere from 22 to 25! We send critters home and it seems twice as many critters come in!! Crazy.

Vicki - on the way home I can smell the grapes...they smell SO good! The trees around here are starting to change too. Sad, where did summer go??!!

Martha - they tell me I have "seasonal allergies." Spring & fall seem to be the worse times, season change. Haha...no, not allergic to my kitties. Smile

Later,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We take the same thing.... generic Zyrtec! Wishing you could stop in to share the concord grapes. Smile

You've certainly had a jump in critters lately!!! Shocked

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Just a quick flyby today. Just finished my Saturday starting at 5 am this morning Shocked . Just woke up too early and couldn't fall back to sleep again. So I started a laundry, ironed last night's laundry in the meantime and cleaned the first floor all before 7am. After that a quick shower, breakfast with coffee and a grocery run, making sammies for my trip, putting out the display of the pet shop, running to the railway station for a trip up north, visiting a jewish cemetery and the world famous steam cathedral, taking the 6pm train back to Leiden, arriving at 9pm, getting my laundry in, ironed and made my bed with the freshly ironed sheets I started with putting in the machine early this morning. I guess I made a full circle today and managed to put two day of activities into one. Don't be surprised if I don't get up tomorrow, I feel broken by now.
Ann-Marie, yuck. Seasonal allergies. Luckily you are not allergic to the kitties. Just hope the medication works.
Vicki, anything special coming up yet? I had no chance today to get to any market at all and I really feel sorry for my self not been able to buy the regional dried sausages and bacon up north.
Grammadot, I just keep my fingers crossed for you taking care of the little one. Does his mum realize how lucky she's knowing you?
I'm gonna fall to pieces for now. May have pics tomorrow. See ya'll tomorrow

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ladies, we went to an auction this morning and spent more on gas to get there than we bought. I ended up with a round clothes rack like they use in stores to use in my yard sale, and an ironing board that I don't need. Paid $4.00 for both of them. We went because they had an old John Deere tractor and a 2000 chevy truck in it. They went higher than we wanted to pay. Then we went to a few yard sales and bought a few things. There were a lot of yard sales, but most of them didn't have anything we were really interested in. After we got home, I fixed us a salad/ chicken in it.
Yeah Fan- she does. She has always loved me. I have known her since her and Bob were teenagers, they dated in high school and then got back together a few years before Bob passed away.. Her baby is named after Bob, kinda. His name is Caliber Jamison, Bob used to tell people when they would ask what the J stood for, his name was Robert Jay, he would tell them it was Jamison. Come to find out when Jeanna was researching our family tree, on Ancestry.com, my paternal grandmother's family name was Jamison and we didn't even know it.
Sounds like you all are having a busy Saturday. Hope you all have a great sunday.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning,

Had a somewhat busy day yesterday. Watched the Chipmunks ("Chipwecked") on HBO (free for the weekend) in the morning, cleaned the small bathroom, my brother came and stayed for about an hour. After he left I ate lunch, watched the Lone Ranger then cleaned the big bathroom and started wiping down Mom's dressers so that I could switch out the old ones for those ones. Had the neighbor come over and help me move them into place. The dressers all smell good, used Murphy's Oil Soap on them. Sitting at the cottage which was all closed up for over a month, they kind of got funky looking. Sad

We had some rain in the afternoon, showers mostly no big t-storms. Was sure dark over the Lake yesterday evening, thought for sure we were going to get the t-storms that they predicted.

Guess I had better get around here, have an 8 hr day today, will go quick.

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a brilliant Sunday Very Happy

I made it into a lazy Sunday Laughing Apart from working on the pics I took yesterday, I hardly accomplished anything at all. Only made a chicory salad & hamburger sandwich for lunch. It'll probably count as dinner Wink.

Yesterdays trip was very interesting. The steam-driven pumping station was really impressive. You can find a short description at http://www.woudagemaal.nl/7434/information-in-english/ .
My pics including the ones of the Jewish cemetery, you will find at http://www.flickr.com/photos/41961904@N03/sets/72157635436987308/.
The people in my company are fellow members of the Genealogical Working Group. They are all researching family trees and their historical, economical and social context in the local history. Their findings are used by historical scientists on a regular base.
Grammadot, I'm sure you'll be doing a great job taking care of Caliber Jamison. It's a fantastic coincidence that he's carrying your paternal grandmother's family name. It would be wonderful if Jeanna gets to learn more about the family and their origins.
Ann-Marie, it probably feels good to have the dressers into place. Have fun with the critters today, maybe you can send a few off home today.
I think I need to putter around a bit, should think about something to eat for dinner. TTYL.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a busy weekend for me. Yesterday Madison had a double header softball game in the morning. So odd, we needed sweatshirts when the first game started and the next game we were looking for shade so we didn't roast. Her team won both games so they are off to a good start. We all went to lunch and then back to their house to help close the pool. Madison decided the garage needed cleaned out and took EVERYTHING out, swept it out with a broom and then vacuumed! (Their garage is carpeted?!) Everything was in the driveway or yard when she flops down on a chair and says she is done. Hubby and I stopped and got banana splits at the ice cream place and took them to he lake to eat them. It was great weather to enjoy the outdoors.
Hubby went to work today and I decided while the weather was nice to clean all the window sills inside and out. I only got half of them done, struggling to get the one screen up, I managed to aggravate my back.
I made us a homemade white pizza with some of our garden tomatoes and some home made ricotta. I took a picture with my I-pad and it isn't very clear, sorry.
**Vicki, sounds like you had some good time with your visiting relatives. I want to get a large amount of apples so I can make some applesauce. Did you end up doing anything else his weekend?
**Ann, I am glad you were able to get to the Dr.s and get something to help you feel better. Sounds like you will be quite busy at work. Any good kitty stories? Hope today went quickly and easily for you.
**Fan, wow, what an exciting weekend you had! I checked out your wonderful pictures and while I was there I couldn't resist looking at Myo's pictures. Such a regal kitty. What was on the hamburger bun? It almost looked like a slaw. I just realized that it might be the chicory salad. I don't think I have ever eaten chicory only drank it.
**Gramma, there were tons of yard sales around here this weekend. I keep trying to get rid of things so I don't have much interest in yard sales. You have a big home so I am sure you have way more room than me. Have fun taking care of Caliber. That is fascinating about the name being in your family. I loved researching my hubby's family on that site.

My dinner:
I gave up, I couldn't figure out how to get the picture on here.
See y'all tomorrow.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: