BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday 10/9/13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Wednesday 10/9/13 Reply with quote

And - just for kicks, I thought I'd start your day...coffee is in the carafe and egg sandwiches are beside them...brownies in case you need a sugar rush...

Will try to talk to Cameron again later today...

Egg sandwich - in a small frypan, melt 1-2 T butter - toss in minced onion, mushroom, chopped spinach and a bit of garlic (whatever is in the fridge) - wilt - mix egg with ranch dressing (1 T per egg) - mix well - gently pour over veg - add lid - low heat - 5-7 minutes - put on plate - put between 2 slices of bread or flats - stuff into pita -- good stuff

Another one - do you like a bit of spicy heat? - next time you fix buttered noodles, add 1 tien tsin (little oriental dried red pepper - available at Penzy's or the oriental grocery) chili pepper to the water you boil the noodles in - if you really like it hot - add 2 peppers.

have a super day

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning

Thanks for the coffee & egg sandwich Qui! Good to "see" you posting again!!

PattiT I saw your news about Nick & said Praise the Lord!! That's wonderful news!!

I'm still trying to recover, slow progress & keep getting kidney infections Sad

I saw this cute family Monday outside the Dr.s office

Hope all have a great day!!

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have an awesome day Very Happy

Qui, thanks for starting the day and of course the coffee and egg sandwich, although I'm a bit puzzled by the ranch dressing. Not available in the Netherlands. Is there any way I can concoct something similar my self?
Tango, that picture is awesome. So cute. Glad to see you posting again. Hang in there and take care. You are in my thoughts.
Autumn finally kicked in today, it started with a nice quiet morning with a tiny bit of sunshine turning into a stormy evening with T-storms. Time for stews, "stampotten" [potato & veggie mashes], warm desserts and dark brown beer.
Vicki, time for "stamppot zuurkool" with onion gravy. My way of trying to survive the colder weather.

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good afternoon ladies, I just have the most creative nephews and grandsons. 2 of them are in the news this week.

Here is my nephew in the Nashville Tennesean newspaper, He is a teacher at an art school. He is really into Halloween.

and this is my grandson, Robby with his first article about his book,

Tango, Qui, and everyone else, it is good to see you back on here. Glad to hear you are doing better.
Pattit- I was tickled to hear that Nick was in remission. Thank the Lord!!
Martha- I hope you don't have as much trouble with your permanent dentures as I am having. I told them when they were doing the wax try ins that they looked like there was too much of an over bite, but they had me convinced that it would be better when they were made and in my mouth, NOT!! I also have some spots that rub my gums and make a sore spot. So I have just wearing my temps most of the time.
Fan- here is a recipe for ranch dressing,
http://www.chow.com/recipes/28753-basic-ranch-dressing
{{Ann- hugs to you}}
We went to another auction this past weekend and bought a curio cabinet for $65.00 and a matching set of rocking chairs for the porch for $50.00
I was going to get my Halloween decorations out and decorate the front yard, but they are in the attic and there is a huge wasp nest up there and I am afraid to try to get in there. So I may not be doing it this year. I need to get a wasp bomb and set off in there. Tommy's birthday party is sunday and I am making him a Pokémon cake this year. then Tuesday is Robby's book release party and I have to make a cake for that. Next weekend I have another wedding cake to do for one of Jessica's friends. I am going to be sick of cake soon. LOL!!!!
I guess I had better get off of here and get busy. TTYL

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammadot, your family is heading to the red carpet Wink Congrats for both of them. And they do keep your cake production Laughing . Thanks for the recipe, it looks very simple. Qui's recipe would be perfect for my Sunday morning breakfast, so I have to put the buttermilk on my shopping list.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: