BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TUESDAY, November 19th, 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: TUESDAY, November 19th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Hard to believe Thanksgiving is only 9 days away. Shocked Told Jim we need to go to town and get a few things for our feast, think we'll do a rotisserie chicken, stuffing, cranberry sauce and whatever else we can find to put on the table. The holidays are going to be awful this year. Sad Sad I worked last year and I think Mom went to my sister's for the holiday.

We sure had some windy days Exclamation I stepped out for work and got pushed back, took some time getting to the car, take a step and get pushed back a step. Didn't sleep good Sunday evening, felt like the roof or the house was going to get ripped apart...could feel it shiver and shake when the wind blew so hard. Don't like that.

On the way home yesterday afternoon it hailed in Erie, pea-size hail too. I cringed every time it hit the car. They are saying for today we are to get morning snow shower then be nice tomorrow. That's ok, I'm off both days. Smile

Going over in a little bit to get my hair cut, can't stand it, feels long and shaggy.

When I left yesterday there were 21 critters. Shocked Shocked We are climbing up again!!

Later,
Ann

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning Ann and everyone else that stops in today.
Ann-your dinner plans sound good. I hope you have a good day.
Pattit- glad you had a good time on your vacation. Loved the pictures.

We have Caliber back. He stayed with Krys for a couple of weeks, then his grandma took him for the weekend. She called me yesterday morning when she was on her way to bring him back to us, and said that she told him that they were going to go to Patti and papa's and he ran to the door and tried to open it. He was ready to come to see us. He wanted to get up on Jim's mower and check everything out yesterday. Wore me out chasing him around the yard. I guess we will stay in most of the day today. It is still pretty cold out. His grandma is going to come back and get him tonight and keep him until tomorrow afternoon. I have a dentist apt in the morning.

We are going to go to Krys's for Thanksgiving since it is an equal distance from Jessica's and our house, plus she has enough room for all of us.
Jessica and Marc got a new car last week. They got a 2009 Nissan Sentra. They have been driving a 1999 Sentra for about 8 yrs. It was a good car, they drove it to California and back a few years ago, but it has so many miles on it now and it is falling apart. She has lost a lot of weight since she started working full time again.

I guess I had better get off of here. Caliber is climbing up on me. TTYL

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures

Last edited by grammadotcom on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a brilliant day Very Happy

It's cold and damp overhere, brr. Office time is about to end and the sun is going down already. I don't get to see my house by daylight anymore Shocked .
Grammadot, Krys looks hot on the pic. She has indeed lost quite a bit of weight compared to the previous pics you have posted. Thumbs up for her. Caliber looks really cute.
Ann-Marie, no turkey day here either and I'm with you on the chicken and cranberry sauce. We may have some snow this week, but it will melt away. You could call it the first sting of the winter. Enjoy your days off.
TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanmajie wrote:
Hi everybody, have a brilliant day Very Happy

It's cold and damp overhere, brr. Office time is about to end and the sun is going down already. I don't get to see my house by daylight anymore Shocked .
Grammadot, Krys looks hot on the pic. She has indeed lost quite a bit of weight compared to the previous pics you have posted. Thumbs up for her. Caliber looks really cute.
Ann-Marie, no turkey day here either and I'm with you on the chicken and cranberry sauce. We may have some snow this week, but it will melt away. You could call it the first sting of the winter. Enjoy your days off.
TTYL

no Fan that is Jessica, my youngest dd. Krys is the next to the oldest.

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up being a busy girl yesterday. I thought something was wrong with the apples I had bought, it looked like they might have froze at one time. I thought they would be okay if I made apple pie filling and froze it. The owner of the orchard told me that the picture I sent her is a naturally occurring thing that happens sometimes. She had a word for it and links to articles about it. In Japan they pay a premium for apples like those and they are sweeter. Now I am sad that I used them all up in the pie filling. I tasted on of the Stayman's and they were very good. Hopefully I can get back to get some more. Anyway...... that is why I didn't get back on yesterday.
**Martha, good to see you posting. I will be checking out your Kentucky butter cake, I wonder why it didn't turn into a hyper link? Maybe you can help me, my pie filling has way too much cinnamon in it, any ideas as to how I can tame it down?? It tastes like that red hot cinnamon candy, sigh. Not what I was going for at all.
**Fan, this coming Saturday is when hubby will be going hunting for bear. I didn't get quite as much laundry as I feared, horray. I thought of you as I made dinner last evening, seemed like something you might have enjoyed. I fried some ground beef, then added shredded cabbage and carrots with some soy sauce and some Worcestershire sauce, pepper and onion powder. I was in a hurry and it was kind of bland, I was stirring and making that as I was stirring the apple pie filling across the room. Got my exercise for the day.
**Ann, I thought we were going to get hail with that last storm but thankfully we didn't. I am so sorry for the sadness that will come this season for you.
Seems like quite a population boom in the critters! Maybe some will be gone when you get back.
**Gramma, Caliber is such a sweetie. Youngsters really do wear you out though. Good luck at the dentist. Thank you for sharing pictures of Caliber I enjoy seeing them. Jessica is sure looking good. What type of work does she do?
I need to go unload the dryer, have a great day everyone.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pattit- she is the coordinator for the home dept at TJ Maxx. She stays on her feet most of the day. She has lost about 30 pounds since she had John.
Calliber is so cute, he has been playing with everything, and was looking at a grocery store ad from the newspaper and pretending to eat the picture.
What kind of apples were they?

Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good afternoon everyone - as you make your plans for thanksgiving dinner, don't forget to save all the peels, scraps and trimmed pieces for broth later. Take the meat off the bone in big pieces and freeze them (that way leftovers can be spread out as opposed to the same thing for 3-4 days) I throw everything back into the unwashed roaster to make the broth, toss in all the scraps, the carcass, any leftovers not big enough to make a serving, a big onion cut in 1/4's - root and skin attached and an apple or 2 - cut in 1/2. toss in some herbs but not salt and pepper - yet - (taste for that in about an hour) - Fill with as much water as will fit and bring to a boil.
simmer till the carcass collapses on itself with a gentle push from your spoon- 3-4 hours - strain and cool... freeze flat in zips (about 1 1/2 C. per)
For fat free - chill over night in fridge and lift off fat - then freeze.

And I just realized we don't have the same mix of people as we used to...so please forgive me for posting something so basic ...I know you already know this but it was typed...maybe you can cut and paste it into an email to someone who needs it.

Pattit - you've been a busy girl... do you have cayenne in your spice cabinet? could you have grabbed it by accident?(I did that once)

Gramma - smart lady, get tooth fixed before T'gving... how you keep up with Caliber is beyond me...he's so darned cute. Tell Jessica she looks great.

Ann - it's hard - the first year of holidays - but mom would want you to celebrate them as if the house were full of family and friends

Fall Conference was good, I took on another job, preparing one of our ladies to try for District President in 2015 (the same job that took me away from here for almost 3 years)

I have a school to attend on Saturday - a pot luck on the 6th and desserts for a Vets Christmas celebration on the 14th.

The pot luck is soups and stews - I'll probably make hamburger stew with dumplings - or not...

The desserts will be pineapple upside down cakes and cinnabon bread pudding cupcake minis

no plans for Thanksgiving - will probably cook all day for freezer - that way I'll have lots of tastes for dinner.

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Qui, I will tell her you said that. I have to get my dentures adjusted again. As much money as I paid them I hate the new ones. I have been putting off going back in and just been wearing my temporary ones. The new ones are too loose and they have a huge over bite. I told them when I did the try in that it was too big of an overbite, but they said it won't look that bad when they make the actual dentures, but they did.
Caliber is climbing all over me again., so I guess I had better get off of here again.Thanks for the tips on the turkey.

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say I am so happy we are friends...you've all given me your shoulders to lean on, to cry on.
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammadot, sorry I got your daughters all mixed up. Typically me.
PattiT, that sounds a lot like my way of cooking Smile How did the taste come out? I made curry flavoured noodles with chicken, cashews and cabbage tonight.

Tomorrow will be leftover sauerkraut mash with bacon from the oven.
Qui, glad your conference was a good one.Thanks for the recipe for broth too, but I don't quite get the idea of putting an apple in it.
Ann-Marie, Qui's right. Your mom would want you and your siblings to stick together and celebrate with friends. Hang in there.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: