BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - December 7 & 8, 2013 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - December 7 & 8, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

We had a wonderful time at the Sinterklaas parade. Later we had cookies and hot chocolate, before my grandchildren had pictures with him. When we visited their home the Christmas gifts were secretly given to by son--in-law... one car to the other until all the children were asleep a little later.

And, we had snow the entire way home. Winter has certainly arrived in Michigan.

Fan - No wonder your mouth is sore... hoping it feels better soon. Question: Do all your bikes need lights after a certain date?

Greetings to all who pop in this weekend!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Hoping I can actually log it twice!)

My husband needed to use the computer before I finished. Smile BUT, in between the Bake Space page disappeared. Still having problems with this website. Now it is "problems loading the page." Sad

Ann - What are you doing this weekend? Or, isn't it off? Is Willow feeling any better? AND, are you putting up the Christmas tree this weekend?

PattiT - Yes, I do remember Jo. What a blessing that she is now a grandma. How is your husband doing? You have so many things going on this December, including Christmas. Did you get all the gift certificates?

Qui - You are always on the run. Are you doing anything this weekend? This week you mentioned egg drop soup... yum!

Greetings to anyone I've missed!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Vicki - yes, off this weekend thank goodness! Not only to get away from work for a few days but the roads are a bit icy this morning. Blah. Christmas tree and decorations will be going up tomorrow. Not much of a holiday spirit but I am trying. Mom wouldn't be happy with me if I didn't put stuff up, she knew I loved Christmas.

Fan - didn't you get a ticket a month or so ago for the same thing??

Willow seems to be doing ok, having a hard time giving her the one antibiotic, no matter what we put it in she can smell it. Rolling Eyes The other one is flavored like tuna so easy to mask the flavor. Wink Notice after she eats the one antibiotic it seems to knock her out for awhile...she sleeps a lot more. She's sitting on my lap now, like she knows I am talking about her. Very Happy

Hope everyone has a good day,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend.

I'm sitting in the train with my I-pad mini trying to post on the way back home from Leeuwarden. Had a rough ride this morning with all kinds of delays, but WIFI available in the train these day do take away some of the pain. I can post, I hope.
Vicki, sounds like you had a real good time with Sinterklaas. Probably lots of chocolate and pepernoten. My mouth is a lot better, I even bought forbidden foods today like cheese with cloves and the cloves can ruin your molars. Laughing
As for the bikes, as soon as the streetlights are on you are supposed to have a light on the front and the back of your bike, no matter what time of the year.
Ann-Marie, how's Willow doing? I got the ticket a month ago, but had to wait for an official bill in order to pay. So I paid the fine yesterday
PattiT, how's your hubby doing?
Today's seminar was more interesting than the weather was. It was right down chilly, damp, foggy, clouded and dark. Managed to get me some bacon, dried sausages, cheese and horse meat and I can hear the bell pepper and bread calling from home for the horse meat. I also found a basic t-shirt in the right dark green colour to go with my new trousers. It completes my Christmas outfit for this year.
I suppose I could go on typing forever, but the train is quite rocky, I think I'll get back to you later at home in another three hours. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

The weather is freeeezin'! But at least the snow is gone for awhile... we will get more early next week.

I'm trying to get psych-ed up for Christmas. It's so hard to do with no family around. All I have are my Mother, Daughter and Jim. Sarah (my daughter) wants me to put up a Christmas tree but it's so much work and no one but Jim will even see it until Christmas Day! My Mother just says "Humbug" whenever I mention the holidays... and she means it! The other problem with the putting up the tree is the fur babies. Especially the little one! She would have all the ornaments off of it in 10 minutes... and I worry about them messing with the wires. That's why I never did it last year. My daughter says I'm getting more and more like my mother!!

I made a cherry pie for the weekly club dinner. I have tried a million times to make a lattice top for my pies. It never works out. When I try to weave the strips, they all break or get messed up somehow. So this time I copied an idea I saw somewhere on the internet (sorry I can't give credit where it's due). I took a little round cutter and made random holes all over the top and put some of the holes back on the top between the cut out holes. Brushed it all over with milk and it came out soooo beautiful! I can't get my camera to work or I would have attached pictures.

I have most of my Christmas shopping done. (LOL!!!) I'm laughing because I bought just about everyone gift cards, if you want to call that shopping. Most of my family lives out of town, like I was saying, so half of my great-nieces and great-nephews - I've never even met! Besides not having a clue what they want or what they are into... I hate the idea of buying something they may not like and paying a fortune to ship it. So I give them all Mastercards and they (or their Mommies) can buy they really want. It works out all the way around and saves a lot of gift wrapping. Smile I just want to get a few things for Sarah because she loves to have presents to open... and something for Tim, her fiance. Jim is all taken care of, thank goodness. He's easy - clothes. I don't think he's ever bought a piece of clothing himself! And all the grandchildren are all set (the fur ones).

Well, I'd better get going her before I write a short novel!

Everybody enjoy the weekend and Fan, enjoy your vacation!
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I just spent 20 minutes putting all my notes in a post ... and it all disappeared - maybe I'll try again tomorrow...

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I just spent 20 minutes putting all my notes in a post ... and it all disappeared - maybe I'll try again tomorrow...

Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have been on the run since I was last here. My sister-in-law Laurie took me shopping, my mind just couldn't come up with gift ideas and I ended up only getting two. For Nick and Tina, who are always traveling, I got a nice luggage set, and for hubby (an idea I got from Sheryle) a heated throw. Laurie threatened to not take me home til I had all my shopping done, but I told her it could be days until I could come up with more ideas. I got home, put things away that I had picked up at Target and I hadn't even had a chance to sit down when my son Darryl called and asked what I was doing on Sat. I told him nothing, why? He asked if I would like to go to Madison's swim meet, of course I did. He said he would be here in 15 minutes pack my things to come spend the night. I had bought a gingerbread house kit and Madison and I did that while her parents went and set up the snack bar for the swim meet. She did great, won all of her events. She had a party to go to at 5 so we took her there and then they headed this way, we stopped and took care of my son James pets, picked up a sub for hubby that he had called and asked for and then finally home. They stayed until about 8. I was exhausted because their cat kept waking everyone up thinking it needed fed, even though her food dish was FULL. The vet said she doesn't have long to live so everyone cuts her lots of slack. Well that is what I have been up to, except hubby is on antibiotics for bronchitis and now of course, I woke up feeling miserable. Darn it anyway.
**Vicki, I guess on the good side, the snow made it seem more like winter, sounds like you had a good time and making great memories with your family.
**Fan, sorry you have more mouth troubles, ouch. Most of you food sounded good, but I still can't wrap my head around eating horse meat.
**Ann, glad you don't have to travel in icy weather. I just can't seem to get in the decorating spirit, haven't done any yet. I am glad to hear Willow is doing better. I hope you are able to get all her medicine into her without too much of a battle.
**Martha, sounds like an interesting way to make the pie. I have only tried a lattice crust once. I am thinking I should use some of my frozen blueberries and try to make a lattice crust pie with it. I see you liked my way of thinking, I thought buying gift cards was a great idea. Hubby was not liking the idea at all, not that he helped with figuring out what to get for everybody! I had thought about Amazon gift certificates, because it seem like you can buy anything on there. I am going to get Madison a gift certificate to have a spa day.

Computer problems I will try again later,

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello ladies, We have had a busy week too We went to Krys's for Thanksgiving and ended up staying for a week. She got sick on Friday after Thanksgiving, lifting a tool box she was buying for Jeanna. and messed up her hernia. So she was in the ER on Friday night. They told he to rest and not pick up anything. When she went to the dr on Monday, they told her she needed to have surgery to fix I, because if the fat cells could get into it and twist around so could her intestines and that would be life threatening. So we stayed and helped take care of things there, for a few days. She had her surgery on Friday and is doing better. I had another dentist apt on Friday though since I had postponed it from staying longer [it was schedule for Monday]. So didn't stay longer. Plus the weather was supposed to get bad for the weekend, which it did. It is freezing here and we had already been gone for a week, so we needed to come home. Brian is taking good café of her. Jim has ha a cold for a few days, and didn't feel good enough to stay up here sleeping on the couch any longer. There was also a 24 hour stomach virus going around that we both got. I hope Krys doesn't get it.
I don't have any of my decorations up yet., It is so cold upstairs and Jim doesn't feel like helping me right now. I don't know if I am going to put out much of them, since no one else is going to be here but us. I my just put up the little one in our room. We will be meeting up with the girls after Christmas day for our annual get together. His daughter's are both in CO so we will just talk to them on the phone this year. They came out here last year, but won't get to do it again this year.
I bought a heated mattress pad at J.C. Penny on Black Friday, and I love it. It is hard to get out from under the covers though. LOL!!!
Pattit- you have been busy!! Glad to hear that Debbie is home form the hospital. Thanks for keeping everyone up to date.
Martha- I have a hard time getting lattice strips right too. That sounds like a good idea, Thanks I will have to try that.
Martha- Gift cards are a lot easier to get people when you don't know what they like. My youngest dd said that was what she wants for clothes, because she lost quite a bit of weight and needs new clothes. Plus she thinks she is the fashion police and no one else has any taste!!!LOL. JK
Ann- I know what you mean about the holidays, after you lose someone close to you. I was that way the first year after I lost my dh in 86, I really didn't want to mess with any of it, but had 4 kids to think of at the time, and it was Ricky's favorite holiday. I usually go all out with the house decorating, but just haven't felt like doing it yet this year.
Fan-that's good that you can have wifi on the train. makes for a shorter ride.
I don't think I would like the horse meat either. Everything else sounds good though.
Vicki-Glad you had fun at the parade. They canceled most of the ones around here that was scheduled for the weekend, because of the freezing rain and ice storms. There are a lot of counties without power today. Luckily we are just having rain right now, but supposed to get down in the lower 20]s tonight.
Qui- don't you hate when tat happens? I have done that several times. Good luck with the next one.
I hope you enjoy reading my grandson's book. I told him that it was in the library in FL and he was amazed that it went that far.
Hello to everyone else that stops in. I should try to get something done today.
We may get the baby back in a few days. His grandma decided to keep him after Thanksgiving after all. She said that he has been very good for her most of the time.. They came to Krys's for Thanksgiving, and I thought she was going to give him back to us then, but took him back with her. I=His mom is supposed to come home on the 18th so she may just keep him until then. Jim and I both miss him.. I will talk to ya'll later. Have a good weekend.
Here is Jessica and Marc's Christmas picture

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: