BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EEEEKKKKK Friday the 13th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: EEEEKKKKK Friday the 13th Reply with quote

Anybody worried about the date today?? I think it is silly really, just like not having a 13th floor in hotels etc. I really thought that I had posted yesterday?? Who know with the way wacky things are happening with BakeSpace.
My son is sorting through things, preparing for his move tomorrow. Lots of memories in the things he is going through. Wedding memories, I told him I doubt she wants any of it, but he wont really want to take them with him either. Sad. He found her wedding dress and things from her bridal shower today. Oddly enough, we found out she had never changed her last name when she got married?? Hmmmmm??
I got my Christmas cards done, but I am waiting for stamps now, the mail carrier should have them today. Hubby said "Why not just take them to the post office and let them put the stamps on?" Men!
Hubby is out hunting deer once again. He did help me get some decorating done. He didn't want to bother decorating but since we host a Christmas Eve party for everyone here I feel like we HAVE to.
**Nubbnins it is awesome to have you back again. I am sorry that you are still in pain. I can't even imagine what that is like. I love those chairs at Cracker Barrel, I am glad you and Qui got to enjoy each others company. Quitting smoking is hard enough, but giving up red meat, that would be really hard for me. We eat mostly chicken, but I loves me some red meat also. Be sure to check in when you can.
**Qui, I hope you are able to get on BakeSpace soon.
**Vicki, are you expecting a lot of snow also? It is supposed to be real bad here on Saturday. My sons moving day!! I hope somehow it misses us or comes after the moving is done.

Hubby is going to Montana with my son who drives tractor and trailer, I am very worried about them and snow. They said there are many small towns that it is 150 miles to the next nearest town. Hubby said he saw many roads were seasonal and closed in the winter?! I guess I will have even more prayers for a while.

Well, I have posted enough for a while, hope everyone gets accomplished whatever they have planned for the day.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PattiT and everybody else, have a brilliant day Very Happy

No problems today, just didn't realize it was Friday the 13th until you mentioned it, PattiT. Everything went my way today. Grocery runs, household chores, the carpenter. Only the laundry hasn't been done yet, I'll see to that tomorrow. So sad to hear about your son and DIL. Hopefully the move goes well tomorrow and the weather conditions won't be too bad.
I plan on sorting out some old cooking magazines tomorrow. I discovered them this morning in a bookshelf with old college books. I need to get rid of some old books and magazines in order to create a bit of space for new things.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!!
Sorry I haven't been on here. Every time I log onto the computer I get hung up looking at recipes and reading email and I say to myself "Eeks! I have things to do. I have to get off here!"

It is 19° right now and snowing like crazy. That's pretty much the weather for the last 4-5 days and also for the NEXT 4-5 days. I don't mind the snow, although I've been in the house for the last few days working on Christmas Cookies. Yesterday I had to make a trip to Wegmans because I ran out of eggs and flour ( Shocked ) and I was really surprised at how much snow there was on the roads. It looks like a lot in my neighborhood, but once I got out of my cul-de-sac it was much worse! As long as it's daylight, I don't mind driving in it though. The only problem is getting out of my driveway. I try to go as long as I can without shoveling. Usually if I just "gun it" through the pile at the road where the snowplows pushed it and I'm OK. Getting back in... not so easy.

My daughter told me all her co-workers were wondering when I was going to send Christmas Cookies... so I put a rush on it and got started. So far I made 3-4 dozen each of 5 different kinds. OH! OH! I forgot to tell you...... Jim gave me an early Christmas present: a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer !! I haven't used one since I was very young and helped my mother using her's. It's such fun!! I always wanted one.... but it seemed so frivolous. My daughter has threatened to get me one for years... but she could never afford it. So she's all excited that Jim got me one.

Ann - I know it gets slippery out your way, so be careful driving. How are the kitties doing? Do you still have the "outdoor" ones?

Fan - How's vacation going? Sounds like you are getting a taste of what retirement would feel like. Isn't it nice?

PattiT - I'm with you on the Friday the Thirteenth thing. I've never had any bad luck (not on that day anyway!!!) Hubby is out hunting again? Boy, he's really dedicated!

Nubbins and Qui - Glad everyone is on the mend. We miss you when you're not around!

Vicki and everyone else out there - Stay warm and be careful!!

Gotta go deliver dessert to the Elk's Club. Wish me luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: