BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - December 21 & 22, 2013 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - December 21 & 22, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

This weekend I'm making my final preparations for Christmas Day, except for the cake and rolls. Still problems loading Bakespace, even to read what is going on.

I wish you a blessed Christmas.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

We sent four critters home and then ended up receiving one later in the evening. Guess two more are to leave today and two more on Sunday.

You all remember how I said Mom and Donna would start baking cookies after Thanksgiving and how many DOZENS of cookies they would make? I said to Jim as we were coming down our street (we weren't but a few minutes from the house), "no cookies this year." We pull in and there was a white box sitting on the side porch, from Donna. Jim says to me, "what if it's cookies?!" Shocked I opened up the box and there was a huge container of ---------------> COOKIES in there! Shocked Shocked Something, huh??!

Crazy weather. All the feet of snow are all gone, with the warmer weather and the rain, it has melted. Now we are under a flood warning. Rolling Eyes By Monday we are to get more snow and colder temps. Hopefully snow for Christmas this year.

Jim took me to the cemetery this past Monday.

We are headed out tomorrow to finish up Christmas shopping, need to get a few things for Jim and I'd like to find Leo & Willow a catnip toy.

Hope everyone has a good weekend,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to start off the weekend on a sad note but, our dear friend Debbie is in the hospital again. She had lost all feeling in both of her legs and Jim had to call Tiffany at school to help him get Debbie into the truck and to the hospital. Tiffany said she is very ill and that it is in God's hands. Crying or Very sad
Hubby and son are on their last leg of their trip, it will be nice to have them both home soon. Weather has warmed up quite a bit and they are now struggling with torrential downpours but they said that is much better than snow and ice.
I have two more Christmas presents I need to wrap today, then trying to get the house presentable before we have our Christmas eve party. Still not sure of the menu, I keep changing my mind.
Our snow will probably be all melted by the end of the day then they are saying a high of 68 for tomorrow, crazy!
**Ann those critters keep you busy. How sweet was that of Donna, I am sure this Christmas will be difficult for her also. Good luck with your Christmas shopping excursion. I feel bad, I only bought two Christmas presents and the rest are all gift certificates. Hopefully I will do a little better next year.
**Vicki, I spent hours yesterday trying to get my computer to work normally with no luck. I think I will end up doing a system restore to see if that works.
I hope everyone has a beautiful Christmas with lots of family and love.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG poor Debbie, so short before Christmas ending up in hospital again Sad . I'll keep her and her loved ones in my prayers.
Carolyn, you are welcome Smile . Just wish you a more joyful 2014.
PattiT, thanks for telling us about Debbie. Good luck with all the preps for Christmas. I'm just so lucky Aunt B. invited me for Christmas again Very Happy .
Ann-Marie, that's really such a sweet surprise of Donna.
Vicki, are there still many things to do?
Okay, no Christmas preps for me, but somehow I couldn't resist a small dutch meat roll on discount at the butcher's and it has landed in my oven already filling the house with an awesome aroma of roasted meat. Laughing It still needs about half an hour.
Crazy weather here too, all rain and wind with high temps. Glad I did my laundry yesterday while it was dry and sunny.
Hope you all stay warm and dry.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{{Debbie}}}}}

Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann - God bless Donna.

to everyone else - the anticipation will be there - everything will get done that needs to be done - the problems will pass - the loneliness will fade - the joys will be there - the family will be the family...and it will be starting over again in a week.

I got a reminder today that there are 369 days left until Christmas 2014... Shocked

thoughts and prayers for Debbie and her family... and the rest of you as you travel around celebrating and doing nice things for others...

And while I'm thinking of it...are you ready for the New Year? Laughing

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Patti your cards arrived today. You always seem to know the right thing to say.

Prayers & Hugs for Debbie & her family.

Hope everyone has a quiet, blessed Christmas.

TTFN
nubbins1
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had high winds earlier, woke me up, thought the roof was getting lifted off. It's breezy now but now gusty. Temp is reading 46º now with a high of 58º for the day. Weird. Yesterday was the first day of Winter. Are we getting our January thaw in December?? Or is this a VERY late Indian summer??

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning ladies,
Hugs to Debbie. I received a card from her just the other day.
I have been busy making candy for Christmas the last few days. Got quite a bit done. We aren't having Christmas dinner until Sunday with the family. We will just spend Christmas day here, just the 2 of us. The girls are having dinner with their other families.
We went to visit my aunt and uncle the other day, that lost their house in fire last week, They didn't have any insurance, but they had enough money saved back, [my uncle said that he wasn't going to give anyone his money] so they were getting a double wide to put in the yard where the house was.
Here is a picture of some of my candy. Rum balls, eggnog truffles, strawberry mash truffles, and an assortment of candy.

Krys has been helping with a toy drive and visit with Santa, and the news interviewed her on Friday. Here is the link to it.
http://m.fox17.com/news/Songwriter_and_Friends_Host_Toy_Drives_and_Wrap_Party_
Tommy told her to give anything she was going to get for him to the homeless kids "cause Santa has his back" Lol!!

Ann- we had some straight line winds here last night too. It was in the 70's yesterday. Strange weather!!!That was a sweet surprise.
Nubbins-Hope you have a good Christmas too.
Qui-That is a good way to look at it. The most important thing of all is having family be they good or bad, they are still family.
Fan-that sounds good. I hang my laundry on the line too. Got a few loads done last Monday while it was nice out.
Pattit- thanks for letting us know about Debbie. I hope she starts getting better soon. I haven't even started wrapping anything yet. We haven't bought all of the presents yet, we are going to wait until after Christmas to buy some of them, cause we aren't getting with the rest of them until Sunday anyway. Hope your hubby and son don't have anymore trouble before they get home.
Vicki- Have a Blessed Christmas too.
Carolyn- hang in there, we think about you often.
I am going to be working on some cookies today. So I guess I should get up and get busy.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie, Grammadot and everybody else stopping by today, have a fantastic Sunday Very Happy

Ann-Marie, same weather over here. High temps, high winds and a lot of rain with birds singing at sunrise. Shocked
Grammadot, that's a lot of candy. Looks like you are starting a candy store.
Qui, I'm ready for 2014 Wink in about two weeks from now.
Nubbins, happy Christmas to you too Very Happy .
I'm staying indoors today, the weather is teasing me. As soon as I start thinking about leaving the house the rain clouds are kicking in. So I'm busy pampering Myo and she's having a blast Laughing . Tucked her in the plaid on the couch and she's invisibly napping away time.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: