BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TUESDAY, January, 7th, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: TUESDAY, January, 7th, 2014 Reply with quote

Morning,

{{{Debbie}}}

What an interesting day yesterday. We are down to 8 critters, they called the evening person off from 3 to 7, so she came in at 7 and worked til 11. We sent a critter out but there was a possibility of getting two more through the night. I cleaned the drawers out and reorganized a lot, kept busy so time went by quickly...at least til 6:30, then it draaaagged.

The drive home wasn't fun. Could see lots of ice (black ice) on the road. Had slowed down for another car, the car behind me was going too fast, almost rear-ended me. DUH!! In those conditions he was tail-gating, he did back off for a while but later he came right back on my bumper. People like that, I would love to get out of the car and shake the $hit out of them!!! What are they thinking!!!? And it was so bitterly cold, had a hard time getting into the car. Left it warm up for a long time before I left work. It was so cold the snow was super crunchy! Lots of blowing snow too...a couple of times it looked like fog on the road, weird.

Got home and Jim had made chicken soup, tasted good after that ride home! The lights flickered then went out. Was out for a few minutes then they came back on. The fire whistle blew, Jim says, "someone might have hit a pole."

Better get around here, brush my teeth and go out and start the car...will take a while for it to warm up this morning. Computer temp is showing -9º, don't know what the wind chill is though.

Later,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Debbie just can't catch a break. She was scheduled to be life lined to the Cleveland hospital at noon, but no beds are available so she will be life lined when one becomes available. Debbie is so sweet, yesterday she was worried about Jim and the family being overwhelmed by her condition. Worrying about others, that is our Debbie. I sure hope a bed becomes available soon. The hospital where she is has her in ACU which I think means ambulatory unit?? She has no feeling in her legs and can't walk, hmmmm where do they get ambulatory?? I think the hospital she is in just doesn't take her condition very serious. I hope she can get out of there real soon.
My morning is not going well, nothing compared to Debbie, but my pipes are froze and I had tried to do laundry, not knowing. I flooded the bathroom, not once but twice!! Running to shut the water off, I slipped and hurt my knees. I give up, did I mention in the frenzy I spilled my coffee all over myself? I told my sister I think I should go back to bed!
Hope everyone's morning goes better than mine and Debbie's.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

Patti I feel for you with frozen pipes that happened to us a few years ago. they say to leave a facet open a trickle at night and leave your sink door open.
The schools are all closed today also.
Ann my daughters in Toledo ohio stranded until tom. she was going to leave yesterday but the ohio turnpike was closed . so she called work at st marys and they said she had to find someone to cover her shift or she would get fired . they expected her to risk her life for work . besides the roads are closed so shes not coming home untel tom. .
Patti thanks for the update on Deb. hope she gets well tell her i said hi and i am praying for her.I am so cold even with the wood stove going its -20 outside
Fan sounds like a soup day for us today to. everyone stay safe and stay warm

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youch PattiT, this is obviously not your day. Sure hope your knees don't hurt too bad. Poor Debbie, I sure hope she gets to the Cleveland hospital soon. I'll keep her and her family in my prayers.
Carolyn, hang in there. According to our weatherman in this part of the world the worst will be over by tomorrow for you. But the cold will be moving into our area sometime next week. Whether it will become as extreme as in the USA is not known yet.
Ann-Marie, it must have been an awful drive home on black ice. Glad you made it home safely. Stay warm today.
Today I finally picked up my Christmas goodie bag at the office. My boss reminded me that my bag was still at the director's office. He had come up to my desk to hand it over personally, but since I was on vacation he kept it over the New Year's in his office. It contained a Christmas card, a few pieces of good quality chocolates, a small plant, a stuffed Rudolph with a red couch blanket between his feet and a gift check. Sweet. Made me feel much better walking home from the office in a really severe down pour of rain, which off course stopped as soon as I turned the key of the front door. Rolling Eyes

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: