BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Easter Monday 4/21/2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Easter Monday 4/21/2014 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a brilliant day Very Happy

It's getting close to noon and the clouds have kicked in. Luckily I've made an early morning walk, cause there are some showers lurking. The temps are still awesome, great for shorts, tees and sandals.
I saw a nice poster at a restaurant door this morning for celebrating May 5th.

We are to have a "buggy jump" on May 5th. So I'm cracking my brain over it. There are three options; catching bugs and make them jump, taking in your buggy strollers preferably with child and jump over it or make a buggy car jump up and down. I'm puzzled.
Ann-Marie, glad you had a short day yesterday. Must have been nice having a short day on Easter Sunday. Were you present when the students came to the NICU with the Easter baskets?

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Fan and Friends!

We are having a cloudy day here, before the rain rolls in this afternoon and tomorrow. BUT, we had a lovely Saturday and Sunday upper 60's and 70's. Yesterday evening, Melissa and five grandchildren had fun with us. All the grandchildren were outside with Grandpa and Ares, while Melissa and I chatted. Adam was already at work (6pm to 6am).

I am taking care of four grandchildren tomorrow morning while the youngest has an appointment. Then, we'll enjoy a celebration lunch for Adam's birthday! If I don't pop in, you'll know why.

Fan - What lovely pictures you are sharing. Is the celebration on May 5 for children or children and adults?

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki, somehow a dog and a Grandpa at times turn out being so convenient with that many grandchildren Wink Have fun tomorrow too.
May 5th is National Liberation Day, so celebrations are for everybody. Very Happy .

Guess who's sleeping in today?

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll have a fun day tomorrow.

Fan - What a cute picture of Myo sleeping in.

How can I forget that May 5 is National Liberation Day? Every May 5 a friend from Taste of Home posted the following. When I spoke with her, she felt just as thankful.

To the Americans, Canadians and British soldiers.

"I Am Forever Grateful"
and this is the most comfortable time in my life.

I am here since 1965 and love the United States and am so glad to be here, so many soldiers gave their lives to liberate us and I will never forget as long as I live. I am praying that all Veterans and families have a blessed future for I will be forever grateful as long as I live!!!

God Bless all the soldiers who are fighting for our Country and all other Countries to be free!!!!!

God Bless you All and your Family !!!!!!

Susan Geerling (Omatje-Calif)

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki, that's still how the Dutch feel about their liberation and liberators. On the evening of May 4th the country is put down in 2 minutes of silence commemorating everybody having lost their lives in battle. Quite a few liberators used to come over and celebrate, but due to old age they are becoming less and less. But we will always honour them in our celebrations.

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even most of the children from World War II are in their 70's and 80's.

What did you have for dinner? My husband is a "patient" at a medical school downtown for students as their final exam. So, I have a rice casserole ready to bake, and will be accompanied by a layered spinach salad.

~~Vicki

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been plain lazy and had snacks for dinner Embarassed

Sigara böreği [filo pastry with a filling of cheese and herbs] with lettuce. From the Turkish supermarket. Your dinner sounds delicious.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: