BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ SHARED RECIPES & REVIEWS for November ~
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subject: Blessings Mix
Posted by: Maineiak Replies: 4 Posted on: 11/21/2001 8:39:35 AM
#T12269

When I came into work this morning there was a ziploc on my desk filled with this mix. The card enclosed was framed with a cornucopia and described the meaning of the ingredients:

BLESSING MIX

- BUGLES: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation's abundance.
- PRETZELS: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
- CANDY CORN: The sacrifices of the Pilgrims' first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.
- NUTS or SEEDS: Promise of a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with dilligence.
- DRIED FRUIT or RAISINS: Harvest gifts from our bountiful land.
- M&M's: Memories of those who came before us to lead us into a blessed future.
- HERSHEY'S KISS: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to my mother-in-law's home for Thanksgiving dinner. This is one treat that I will bring.

Subject: Stock up on Creme Drops now
Posted by: HomestyleAR Replies: 36 Posted on: 11/8/2005 2:25:01 PM
#T598348

To make the easiest best fudge that never fails you need a bag of Old Fashioned Creme Drops. WalMart has the Zackary brand in the Christmas Candy aisle now. It is a white bag. I put bags of them in the freezer.

OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE DROP FUDGE

1 bag of Chocolate Drops (white filling inside) 12 oz.
1 C peanut butter
1 Tbsp butter
two handfuls of chocolate chips

Place in microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes. Mix together making sure to stir in any of the white center that may clump a little. Pour into 8x8 pan and let cool at room temperature.

I add a little vanilla extract too.
I use the Jiffy peanut butter sticks to make it even easier. This fudge so good.

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twinkle30 posted this on TOHBB. Great reminder.

NON FREEZABLES

You may have figured this out yourself already, but certain foods just don't handle the whole "freeze and thaw" thing very well. According to the Food Marketing Institute's Food Storage Information report, these are the foods that "do not freeze well" or freezing is "not recommended":

apricots
artichokes, whole
avocados
bacon (once package is opened)
cheese (processed cheese slices)
citrus fruit
cottage cheese
cream cheese (once opened)
cucumbers
dips (sour cream based)
egg substitutes (although you can buy some brands frozen)
eggs in the shell
kiwi fruit
light heavy cream
miso
olives
papaya, mango (although I've bought frozen mango cubes and they work well in smoothies)
pears
pudding
radishes
ricotta cheese (although frozen lasagna which contains ricotta cheese seems to work)
salads containing meat, fish, poultry or eggs
sour cream
soy or rice beverage

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another reecipe using leftover Turkey and Stuffing.

Turkey and Stuffing Casserole

INGREDIENTS
1 can(10oz)Cream of Chicken OR
Cream of Celery Soup
1 cup of milk
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
2 cups cubed cooked Turkey or Chicken
4 cups leftover stuffing
1 cup (4oz) Swiss or Cheddar Cheese

DIRECTIONS
Spray a 12x8 casserole with cooking spray and set aside

Mix the soup and the milk in a large bowl. Stir in the vegetables, turkey and stuffing. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish.

Bake at 400* for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Stir.

Sprinkle the cheese over the turkey mixture. Bake for 5 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies

2 cups all purpose flour
2/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2/3 cups (10 oz. pkg.) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips

Heat oven to 350.

Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well. Stir in peanut butter chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

Pan recipe: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wrie rack, cut into bars.

About 4 dozen bars.

*I did the pan recipe and they came out like brownies...YUM!!
**I got this recipe off the back of the package of Peanut Butter Chips.
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had better post Paula Deen recipe over here too. I can't wait to try it!

PUMPKIN GOOEY BUTTER CAKE

Cake:
1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted
Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.

To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.

Serve with fresh whipped cream.

Variations: For a Pineapple Gooey Cake: Instead of the pumpkin, add a drained 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple to the cream cheese filling. Proceed as directed above.

For a Banana Gooey Cake: Prepare cream cheese filling as directed, beating in 2 ripe bananas instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.

For a Peanut Butter Gooey Cake: Use a chocolate cake mix. Add 1 cup creamy peanut butter to the cream cheese filling instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another Holiday recipe I seen on the Food Channel today on"Tyler's Ultimate" show. if my SIL wasn't bringing a Sweet Potatoe Casserole, I definitely be making this, as it looked soooo good! I guess there's always Christmas! Matbe you all would like to give it a try. Debbie

WHIPPED SWEET POTATOES and BANANAS with HONEY

INGREDIENTS
5 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
4 bananas, unpeeled
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup honey
Kosher salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, put them in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Toss the bananas into the pan and continue roasting for 10 to 15 minutes, until both the bananas and potatoes are very soft. Remove the pan from the oven but don't turn the oven off.

When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh into a large mixing bowl. Peel the bananas and add them to the bowl along with 1 stick of the butter, and the honey. Season with salt and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until everything's well combined and the mixture is fluffy. Spoon into an oven-proof serving bowl and smooth the top.

In a separate mixing bowl, use your fingers to rub together the remaining stick of butter, the brown sugar, flour, and pecans until the mixture is the consistency of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the sweet potatoes and return to the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes, until the crumbs are golden. Serve hot.

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK ...here's a recipe I seen Racheal Ray make one day last week on the Food Channel. It looked so good and another good way to use your "LEFTOVERS" from Thanksgiving. Hope you give it a try.

Turkey and Stuffin" Soup

INGREDIENTS
4 cups of leftover stuffing
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 ribs of celery, chopped
1 onion,chopped
salt and pepper
1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
2 quarts of chicken stock
1 1/2 pounds (aprox.2 cups) of cooked turkey, diced
a handful flat leaf parsely, chopped1 cup frozen peas, optional

DIRECTIONS
Prepare oven to 350* and transfer stuffing into a small baking dish and re-heat for 15 mins.
Heat a pot over moderate heat and add oilive oil. Work close to the stove and add vegetables as you chopped. Add carrots, celery, onion and lightly season with salt and pepper. Add bay leaf and stock and bring liguid to a boil by raising the heat. Add turkey and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until any raw vegetables are cooked tender, about 10 mins. Stir in the parsely and peas.
Remove stuffing from oven. Using an ice cream scoop, place a healthy scoop of stuffing in the center of the bowl. Laddle soup around stuffing ball. Your soup will look like a chunky matzp ball soup. Pull spoonfuls of stuffing away as you eat through your bowl of soup.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: