BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday Morning Nov 11
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lightningbug
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Saturday Morning Nov 11 Reply with quote

I think it's Nov 11 anyway. So glad it is Saturday. All week I kept thinking, please be Saturday.

Up early to get a good start on the day. Having my coffee while I look around. I like to sit with my coffee and read recipes.

I have a funeral dinner to help with at my church at noon. I made a Texas Chocolate cake and a carott casserole. I love both of them. I posted the recipes on here.

Have a great day all of you. I do love to read this thread, even though I don't always find time or energy to post.
hugs, bug
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Bug and all to follow,

Rain coming in later today and it's suppose to rain a few days. I'm going to try to get out and blow more leaves today.
Bug-Enjoy whatever you are reading. I just finished Anna Quindlen's new book- Rise and Shine. Have you read it?
Debbie- we had an unbelievable day Thursday( it got into the 70's!) and yesterday was in the 60's.Yes I kept thinking it was September instead of November.How was your pork roast?
Holly- Love all your gifs. If I needed one would you make a tag for me? I'm hosting a cookie exchange and would like to make a tag to go with a candle I hope to give as a favor to the ladies that come. I have no idea how to make one.
Linda,Linda, Linda- 543 in the movies! Girlfriend- I would need a big bottle of wine when I got home from seeing Santa!I agree with Sheryle- I admire your fortitude
Jan- Hope you had a nice lunch yesterday.
Kenna Lou- Where in Texas are you? Our son wants to buy a house somewhere outside of Houston. Katy,Sugar land. Are you anywhere near that area? If so maybe you could advise us on good areas for him to look into.
Patti- The kids had school around here,think they get a longer thanksgiving break.
Anita-Hope you Dr. apt. went well.
Sheryle- keeping my fingers crossed that your new medication works.

Linda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning all
I am up! and I am trying to get dressed but this darn computer keeps calling my name.
Yes at 9 am I am taking 543 children and adults to see Santa Clause 3
We have 5 theaters. We get them in I read them the riot act about how a Girl Scout leaves a place cleaner than she found it, no running around without an adult and crowd control at the end. Then I sit and watch the movie. I have a monitor in each theater.
Hopefully all will go well.
Then I hope to take DH to the furniture stores to look at coffee and end tables and a chandlier. I want to get as much done before the surgery.
Last night I was at a friends house who is running a Girl Scout event for me and she is having 5 stations of crafts for the girls approx 100 of them. We need to put together the kits for them and since they are kindergarden and first grade, do some of the hard parts already. We got them done. In my Girl Scout association we are doing 19 of these events through out the year. I know I am out of my mind. I am retiring from Girl Scouts as president of my district in June. I hope the girl taking over keeps these events cause it keeps the girls interested and staying in the organization.

Well I better get dress
Talk to you all later
Linda
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Bug and Linda. I thought I would be the first one to post here this morning, but y'all beat me to it.

We had rain last night which brought in a cool front. It is 57 right now with a high of 69 for today. Yea!!

Not much on the agenda for today. I have to make some brownies later on. We have a new youth minister starting with us officially tomorrow and we are having a get together at church tonight. They are going to have pizza, drinks, cookies, brownies, etc and play some games. Kind of a get to know you kind of a thing.

Linda, we do live kind of near where your son is wanting to move. We live in Pasadena which is in Harris County. I think Sugarland and Katy are both in Ft. Bend County, but they are still suburbs of Houston. Katy has a big outlet mall called "Katy Mills Mall." I think they are both nice areas with good schools, but that is about all I know. Like I said, we live in Pasadena, but our kids attend Deer Park schools which is a good district, too. Are they looking to move here because of a job transfer or they they just want to be Texans? LOL. Pretty soon, they will be saying y'all, too Laughing

Here is a post from Holly last Saturday. Hopefully she won't mind that I pasted it here for you:

"If you ever find a graphic or picture you want a name on, please send it to me and I will put the name on it-my address is hollytagz@gmail.com"

Well, I better go wash my hair and put my face on Laughing

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning - other Linda Laughing You snuck in on my while I was posting. Have a great day!
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning bug, Linda and all who follow! I'm so glad it's Saturday, I slept in until 6:30 and am getting started a lilttle slowly this morning. I should go to the laundromat this morning, but it's raining and I really don't like lugging laundry around in the rain so will wait until tomorrow. I don't have much planned for today - I love days like this, especially after the rushing around I have to do during the week.

Linda L - I hope you get your work done before the rain hits.

Linda w - I hope your outing with the girl scouts goes well. I'll be thinking of you and all those girls - glad it's you and not me! Laughing

Jan - I hope your day went well yesterday and you planned a good lunch. Mine was very good! My coworker and I had lunch with her husband. The work day was good too. With most of our staff off for the holiday, it was nice and quiet - I got so much done without the constant talking and interruptions!

Holly - I love all your pics, they are so cute!

Kenna Lou - I think that's great that your DD's school had a special Verteran's Day program, I don't think the schools around here do that. You wanted to know if LaRosa's was a Mexican restaurant - no it's Italian. It's a chain of restaurants based out of Cincinnati. Italian is my favorite, but I like Mexican too. I have a feeling that tomorrow I'm going to wish you could send me some of your warm weather - it's supposed to get a lot cooler overnight.

Patti - it was beautiful yesterday! I bet the kids around here wish they had the day off, but it was school as usual. It was probably our last day of Indian Summer for the year and I sure wish I had taken yesterday off.

Anita - I hope your doctors appointment went well - I hope it was just a checkup and nothing serious.

Debbie - your dinner sounded so good too. Oh well, it's always nice to go out to eat. Going out to dinner on Friday or Saturday night around here is a nightmare! I usually tell anyone that if they want me to go out with them on those nights, it had better be for an early dinner because I don't like to wait more than a half hour. I do like Texas Roadhouse!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Sheryle

Last edited by cookiebakr on Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:34 am; edited 3 times in total
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Linda w and Kenna Lou - we must have all posted at the same time.

Sheryle
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: good morning Reply with quote

Smile Good morning every one. Hope everyone is ready for weekend and feeling well. Thank you Lagar and Cookiebakr, it was just an eye appointment everthing went well. It is going to be in the 80's today here in sunny Florida. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND TOH BBER'S :o) Reply with quote

Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon all! It is a gorgeous day here today. It's about 67 and sunny. A little windy, though, but at least it is cooler. Laughing Laughing

Sheryle, I'll remember my promise to send you some warm weather when you need it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Again, I just want to say how much I love this place and our little circle of friends that we have here. I look forward to coming here and "talking" with all of you. Hope to catch you in the Tea Room this weekend.

Hugs, Kenna Lou
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: