BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday-November 12th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Sunday-November 12th Reply with quote

Morning to all my bakespace friends,

Bug,I love carrots.I have to try the recipe for the casserole.
"Howdy" Kenna Lou-thanks for Holly's email. I would like a Christmas poem on a tag that I think will be a nice favor at the cookie exchange.
Sheryle- I did wash on friday and hung it out.It didn't dry at all so I left it out and today I ended up putting some in the dryer.Hope you had a relaxing day.
Anita- my girlfriend lives in Sanford.Are you anywhere near that area? She spent the weekend at Super Soap Weekend.They go every year.
Morning Holly-
Linda- when you said you were taking the kids the first thing I knew you would have a problem with would be the PARENTS!Glad you liked the movie. Did you get the coffee table?
Jan- 67 emails? Wow! The way I type it would take me forever to get them answered. Confused
Suzanne,Did you find turkeys on sale? Walbaums have them for 49cents a pound. I got a free on from King Kullen.Just have to pick it up sometime this week.
Debbie- sure hope you get the dryer fixed.
Patti- I had a tee on yesterday when I was doing the leaves.It's warm today but looks like rain.
ToniNY if you happen to stop by- Hi
Have a good day all.
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning all
Well I am up, tired but up. Last night too tired to cook, found in my pile of gift cert. a cert for the restaurant On the Border. So that is where we ended up for dinner. After dinner we went back to the store and purchased the coffee table and end tables. Got them even cheaper cause I opened a credit card. Don't plan to use the card but they took $24 off the price.
I am early today because I have to make turkey stuffing and pumpkin soup for an Oktoberfest dinner I am going to at 4 pm. My friends are deep frying a turkey. Everyone brings something for the meal.
I need to get to a dollar store to buy boxes and wrapping paper for the holidays, I can't believe I am out of that stuff.
Yesterday my DD dragged me to Home goods yes literally dragged me, I could barely walk, well I got a beach scene pic for my bedroom and then she started to feel sick so we left. Boy yesterday was a tough day for my legs.
Well off to start cooking
Everyone have a great day

Linda
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy HELLO to Linda L ,Linda W, Sheryl,Holly,Jan,PattiT,Anita and everyone else who drops by....
Hope everyone is having a good day...It's drilling rain, cloudy and cold here, so I would say that's a good reason to stay indoors. I think I'm going to ask DH if he will go to Officw Depot and pick me up a colored cartidge for the printer and some card stock. I need to get started on my TOH Christmas cards. I bought a lot of cards around Sept., but I decides to make them and I could incorporate the recipe in with the card. I've already got the envelopes and stamps...so I'm almost ready to start. Right now DH is working on the stupied dryer AGAIN! I just know we are going to have to buy another dryer and I hate that this time of year. Anyway when he gets that done ..I've reaaly got get busy on that mountain of laundry! If you all didn't read my post on yesterday's thread(I didn't come on until about 9:30 or so) anyway dinner was FABULOUS!!
Warmed up the pork rost in a steam pan,scalloped potatoes, corn and I took those 6 apples and made fried apples. Oh my was it good. DH is not real fond of pork, but he ate 2 helpings of everything.

*****LINDA L, What is Super Soap Week? Do you get to meet soap stars? The only soap I watch is "DAYS" nad sometimes it gets boring and I quit watching for a few weeks. Missed you at dinner last nite!! LOL Hope you have a good day today!!

*****LINDA W, So glad you finally bought your table and end tables. How about your chandleier? Have you got it yet? I know how tired you must have been yesterday. It makes ME tired just reading about everyhting you do,especially with the 543 kids! I guess deep down inside ,I wish I could be as active as you. I get depressed sometimes when I realize all the things I can't do anymore Crying or Very sad I hear "FRIED TURKEYS" are really very good . Have you ever eaten them fixed like that? Let me know what you think about it. Sorry you and DH went to a resturant for dinner...I kept expecting you all to come to my home for dinner....kept waiting for the door-bell to ring at 6:00!! GET SOME REST GIRLFRIEND!!

*****JAN, How do you ever take the time to answer 65 e-mails? I get alot a jokes from this one person on my list and sometimes if I'm NOT in the mode I just delete them. I also hate those ones you get that say...Send this to 10 friends and something good will happen to you in such and such a time or if you DON'T you'll have BAD luck. I sent EVERYONE on my addy list a note that said DO NOT SEND THESE TYPES A THINGS TO ME! For a while they stopped. Hey , I hope you have a good day too!

*****SHERYL, How you feeling today? Did you start your new meds. yet? Sometimes it takes a while for you to see any difference. Do pray your feeling better.

*****HOLLY, Thanks again for the BONAIRE site addy... I'll bring it up for DH to check out as soon as he gets the dryer fixed. Hope you have a good day also!

*****KENNA LOU, What have you been doing with yourself? Got anything exciting going on today? Hope you have a good day too!

*****ANITA, How are you doing? Do you have any plans for the day? Hope you have a good too!

Well I'd better go check and see how the dryer situation is coming along and I thought I'd make some brownies to snack on today. I hope I didn't miss saying hello to anyone...If I did hi to ya! Take care...Debbie Cool

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning to both Linda's and Debbie and anyone else who follows me in here today. Wish I had some time to speak to each of you but I'm heading out the door again. Seems like I'm always coming on in a quick rush to get somewhere. Well guess I should be thankful I have somewhere to go huh? Laughing

I'm bringing my 90 year old Mama over for dinner tonight. Going to make the "Barefoot Contessas Perfect Chicken", Yum Yum, that is such a good chicken and the house smells so good like roasting chicken. I need to try Star's "Bestest Sweet Potato Casserole Ever" before Thanksgiving. My son loves my praline yams and is leery about the change, but I told him to have faith in Stars recipes they have never let me down yet.

Well have to go but hopefully will get back here this evening after taking Mom home.

Oh, by the way, I got the e-mails down by 17 and had 8 more this am. Can you see me throwing my hands up in the air Laughing

Wishing everyone a lovely and blessed Sunday. Very Happy

~Jan~
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JAN....Sounds like you're very busy, but we consider ourselves lucky to have you for a friend and that you do take the time to say hello! Is you mamma in pretty good health? My mom is 76 and she's got a lot of health problems and passing them on to her kids..YUCK! Anyway I hope you all have apleasant dinner..it sound very,very good. I'll have to look up Barefoot's Chicken recipe. And as far as Staes Sweet potato recipe..I copied that one down and will probably make it for Thanksgiving. Like you say..You can't go wrong with Star's recipes!.
Have a Beautiful day, my friend! Take care....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Lovecooking
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends! Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!!

I learned to tile today! The space on my wall, where the telephone was, was around the corner from the tile above my stovetop. So we went to Lowe's, bought the tile (which was luckily the same color of white matte), bought the supplies, and I did it myself! I am so proud!! Now I'm ready to tile more!

At Lowe's we also looked at Christmas decorations and lights. I can't believe it is coming so quickly!! I need to start shopping soon. Since the weather was nice a few days ago, we put the Christmas lights up.

I have not found any turkeys on sale yet and I'm started to get nervous. Yesterday the grocery didn't even have any large enough for my dinner. Hopefully the ads beginning tomorrow will have turkey sales but if any of you know of any upcoming sales, let me know.

Has anyone heard of Fresh Market? My mom lives in Florida and they have them there. She went yesterday and they have some kind of snack gift set you can send for the holidays and she wants to send me one for Thanksgiving so I can tell her if I think it would be good for her to give us all for Christmas! I can't wait to see how it is.

I made chili for dinner tonight so everyone is happy. They are eating and watching football and I'm headed upstairs to get ready for bed, 60 Minutes, Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters!

Have a great evening!!

Suzanne
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: sandford Reply with quote

Smile we are only about fifty miles from there. We take our three doxies to a dog park near over there. It a a real pretty city. In fact that is where we went today,we take the dogs every sunday. We had a really nice time. How is every doing? Have to go now. Have to go grocery shopping.

Have a great evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening everyone!

It's been a busy day - a lot different than yesterday. I did my laundry, went to WalMart and then did a few things around the house. This is the first chance I've had to get online all day. So I'm catching up on reading my favorite forums while watching 60 Minutes. They are doing a special on Ed Bradley - what a losss, he was a class act!

Linda L - I see that you're planning a cookie swap, do you know what you'll be making? We've had one at work for the past three years and will do it again this year. I have tons of cookie cookbooks and magazines but can't decide what I want to bake.

Linda W - after the day you had, I think you deserved dinner out. Do you ever get time to rest?

Debbie - hate to hear about your dryer troubles. I know how you feel about having to buy a new one this time of year. One year I had to pay to have a new toilet and water heater installed just before the holidays and was not happy. Sorry I couldn't make it for dinner yesterday! I love pork so I know I would have enjoyed it! I did start my new meds yesterday - I was really nervous about using the Byetta pen, but just held my breath and gave myself the injection. It makes me feel a little ill and I get a little bit of a headache, but hopefully will get over that in time. How many cards do you have to send for the TOH Christmas card exchange?

Jan - Hope you and your mother have a wonderful dinner. I've never made the Barefoot Contessas chicken before, it sounds good. I'm going to have to dig out my cookbooks to see if I can find it.

Suzanne - anytime you want to get more practice doing tile work, you're welcome to come to my house. Laughing

I'm going to go check the TOH and Baking Circle boards and then probably go to bed.

Sheryle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: