BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday, November 15 - Good Morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Anita
Can you post the recipes??? I can almost taste them
Linda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the Indescribably Delicious Banana Bread. This is from Carolinacooker's review. She has a url to the picture of the bread she made.

Vicki

===============================

After reading Linda’s review last night on this recipe I made it and took it to my volunteer group this morning. Needless to say its history! This banana bread is above the ordinary with an incredible topping that is hard to resist. I renamed it on my web site to "Praline-Topped Banana Bread" as it seemed a very fitting description with the buttery, sweet, pecan-laden topping. Marcia, I cannot thank you enough for sharing this great brunch item (or dessert!) and thanks to whoever posted it originally!

I reworded the directions just a little on my site describing the way it made the topping.

Here’s HDMac’s post:

INDESCRIBABLY DELICIOUS BANANA BREAD
Posted by HDMac

Got this off a board not sure but may have been Mary Ellen. This is NUMMY!!!

Topping: for AFTER baking
6 Tablespoons butter
10 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
5 Tablespoons milk
1 Cup chopped pecans or more if you like!

Batter:
1 Cup butter
1 ½ Cup sugar
2 eggs
4 very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tablespoons buttermilk
2 Cup flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons salt

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Mash bananas, beat 2 eggs and add to bananas with vanilla and buttermilk. Mix well and add to creamed butter and sugar. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and beat well. Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans 9 x 5 x 3.

Bake 45 to 50 min until bread pulls away from sides of pan. (Just don’t overcook) Cool.

To prepare topping, melt butter in saucepan. Add sugar and milk. Cook until very syrupy. Remove from heat and add chopped pecans. Pour over bread, spreading to all corners and place under broiler till brown and bubbly. WATCH CLOSELY. DO NOT LET BURN!

Notes from HDMac -- As to when to put on the topping, I try to have the topping ready when the bread comes out of the oven and put over and put under the broiler. Then let it cool...... sometimes I am a little on the slower side so it cools slightly while I make the topping and then put on the bread. Smile

Pictured at:

http://home.thirdage.com/Food/columbiacooker/Breakfastbrunch
.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/dl7hq

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: >> Physically Challenged Homemakers----Tue. Nov. 16, 2004
Posted by: GrandmaCookN Posted on: 11/16/2004 12:05:59 AM
#R4732222
This is a recipe that is in the new cookbook I received in the cookbook swap. Can't wait to try it.

CRANBERRY-ORANGE CHRISTMAS BREAD

2 T. veg. oil
1 large egg
1 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries

Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, combine oil, egg, orange juice and sugar. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to egg mixture and stir just until flour mixture is moistened. Stir in cranberries. Bake in a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

The Gables Inn
Lenox, Mass

Have cranberries on the grocery list to give it a try. Look super easy to make.

Wishing all a good day full of smiles, sunshine and love.

Hugs,
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't B's Cinnamon Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour (unbleached)
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons white vanilla extract
1/4 cup pecans (optional)

Topping
3 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons margarine or butter
1/4 cup pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In large mixing bowl add the first 10 ingredients, beat 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top.

Combine 3 tablespoons white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect. (sprinkle top with 1/4 cup crushed nuts)

Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. When inserted it should come out clean. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool.
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrrr!!! Forgot to sign in again! Sorry.
Vicki
Lovecooking
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The banana bread looks wonderful. I think this is the same recipe with a picture!
http://www.preparedpantry.com/DeliciousBananaBread.htm

Hello to everyone! I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to write but I read the posts!

I've been on the lookout for a turkey recipe since I have now heard that the paper bag cooking method is dangerous. Sheryle has helped alot and I think I have the recipe to use which includes brine which I haven't done before.

Wish I was going to a pampered chef party! I want the pie shields!!

Have a great evening.

Suzanne
Lovecooking
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just have to say...about the banana bread. When bananas go bad I have to make myself bake bread with it. Now I can't wait until I have to bake it...this is the recipe I'll use!!!

Suz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: