BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thursday, November 16 - Good Morning
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Thursday, November 16 - Good Morning Reply with quote

Good Morning, Everyone!
We've been in and out of the house for lab work this morning. Seemed strange having breakfast so late.

Later this afternoon I may be helping my daughter with dinner, while my husband helps my son-in-law lay carpeting in their home. Our almost 2 year old grandson will have fun helping.

We still have gray skies. However, the forecast for Thanksgiving is 50 degrees or higher. WOW! Very Happy

Have a great day,
Vicki

P.S. I remembered to sign in this time
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning VICKI and ALL my TOH friends.... Yes it's gray skies here this morning also. It finally quit raining, but the temp. dropped by 20*! Yuck! Like I've said before..good day to stay inside and read , cook or chat ! I worked on TOH FRIENDS Christmas cards list last nite...hope to get them mailed day after Thanksgiving. Then I'll start on my family list! Today I'll have my 2 DGS's , so that will be fun and keep me busy.M=No nap today!! LOL Both DD and DSIL have to open where they work and have to be there by 6:00 am. I suggested why don't we just let the boys spend the nite. Now Cody(almost 4) has spent the nite a lot,BUT Blake (10 mos.) NEVER has spent the nite, because he won't sleep through the nite,but he's getting better...so we'll give it a try! Wish me luck!

Not a lot on tap for me to do today.....I've got all my morning chores done along with a few extras...so I'm good to go. Probably work on cards again today, at least until the boys get here. I STARTED A TOPIC just above this one...about a CHRISTMAS POEM. I hope everyone takes time to read and say a little prayer for our military men and women and ask for "WORLD PEACE" too! As with a lot of people ..I have several family members over in Iraq that won't be home for Christmas and I pray for them to stay safe everyday!

Well I better go get dressed. Hope you ALL have a very good day! Take care....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,
I hope all goes well with both grandsons staying overnight. Does they youngest use a Pack-N-Play? We find it so handy (that my daughter can just pull it out of the trunk.)

Vicki
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sick of these mistakes.
Does "the" youngest use a Pack-N-Play?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing that this might be Fridays post? Good morning to Vicki and Debbie and to all who come afterwards. It is a beautiful day today after a miserable day yesterday, we had lots of tornado warnings and flooding around here, high winds that took out a tree in our back yard etc. The sun was shining bright all morning so far and has got me in a good mood. Vicki you are right those pack and plays are a marvelous invention, we bought our own and kept it here, makes it so convenient for the little ones to stay on a moments notice. My granddaughter has outgrown it now, but you never know when it might be needed again. It is also great for vacation. Ohhhhh I feel like I am doing a commercial, sorry. Debbie I hope the youngest does well for you tonight. Anyone else having trouble with the new posts not showing up? I keep signing in and showing up as a guest also. Rolling Eyes PattiT
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi VICKI and PATTI....I'm sure I'll dp fine with Blake tonite. If he doesn't sleep through the nite ...no big deal (as long as I can get him back to sleep) I'm usually upp 2 or 3 times a nite anyway. As far as the PACK -N-PLAY...no I don't have one of those,but I do have way too many children toys here, it looks like a daycare! LOL I've got DD's old bedroom done up for the boys...Cody has his own bed and I have a crib for Blake and of course toys! When Blake gets a few tears older I'm going to trade the twin bed and the crib in for bunk beds.

PATTI....Where do you live? I hear on the news that GA. TENN, ALA and around those states where being hit with severe storms. Thank goodness the tree didn't hit your home. I'm sure it was very scarey! Here's a friend hug for you (((Patti)))

VICKI... So glad the Christmas poem meant something to some one.I didn't know where to post it or not,but it made me stop and be thankful for all those men and women over there and will continue to pray for thier safe return home and peace in the world!

Well goota go get busy. Take care ....Debie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Vicki,Debbie,PattiT and all my bakespace friends Very Happy

Debbie- poem should be passed on to everyone so they remember. I recently got an wonderful video- Veterans. A country singer has a wonderful song and it ask that you take 2 min to remember the veterans that served in all the wars. Very very good.
BTW- how did your meatloaf come out? Did you do the christamas card exchange last year? If you did you got a card and a recipe for my tuna mousse. Wink
PattiT- did you go away when your hubby was on vacation?
Toni- Is your youngest staying on the island?
Anita- Pretty soon it will be time for HoneyBells! YUM!!!!! I love those.
LindaW has a bad cold so hope she's feeling better real soon.
Sheryle- I make a cheesecake cupcake that is a favorite, It's so easy and it's a nice gift for the holidays.
Vicki- I was wondering where my payday bars were Razz How did they come out?
Bug- Did you get the recipe for the banana pumpkin bread from all recipes? I'm going to make it tonight.I copied yours.
Hi Kathy,Suzanne,Jan,Holly and Redawna-
made depos Can't Leave alone bars for the people who work in Walbaums. They were so funny- I brought them in this morning and they attacked them! I love to bake for what I call the forgotten people. They work so hard and have to put up with alot of crap from customers so like to try to make their lives alittle sweeter.
Made a Tourtiere for tonight- hubby is from Montreal so figured I would surprise him. Making Bugs pumpkin banana bread later.
Better get going. The sun is out and want to get a load of wash out.
Linda

Last edited by Lagar on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Vicki, Debbie, Patti and all to follow today. Itís really pretty here this morning, I was even able to put our two miniature Chihuahuas outside while Iím at work. Itís like having babies around here. I have to think of their needs, meds, etc. before getting myself ready in the morning. Laughing

Vicki - sounds like fun cooking with your DIL. I sure enjoy cooking with mine and the granddaughters. I always did like cooking for the men in the family when they were doing a big job on the house together. I was always so greatful to get something done I would have cooked them anything they wanted and come to think of it I did. Laughing

Debbie- Enjoy your little grandsons tonight. My youngest DGD used to have night terrors and woke up screaming for her first two years. I always attributed it to the babysitter she had at the time?
I surley will read that poem later tonight when I get home. My thoughts and prayers are with our brave men and women over in Iraq, especially during the holidays.

Patti- hope the storms are over back there really soon. It must have been very scary for you Shocked .

Hope everyone has a happy Friday. Iím so glad itís Friday today Very Happy .
Hope to get to talk to everyone over the weekend. I typed this so fast and havenít proof read it so hope its ok.

~Jan~
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, hi Linda. You snuck in on me when I was typing Very Happy . You sound like a busy girl today.

What are Honey Bells? Sounds like a recipe I missed. Cheescake Cup Cakes sound good too. Can I come live with you? Laughing My ex DIL used to do all the baking when they lived with us for a year when they were first married and I loved it. I cooked, she baked and it worked out great.

Hope Linda W feels better real soon.

Well, got to leave for work now. Have a happy day.
~Jan~
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: honey bells Reply with quote

Very Happy Lagar; I always send them to my son in Bostin,they love them. Jan; the honey bells are a type of orange that only is sold around Christmas. They are kinda small but they are delicious. Not doing much today,I have been putting out the rest of my Thanksgiving decorations. Sunny Florida is a beautiful 60 degrees today,I am loving it.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: