BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOOD MORNING TOH FRIEMDS......SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 19th
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Laughing Hello TOH FRIENDS....Someone PLEASE remind me NEVER to stay up until 4:30!!! Almost EVERYTHING I've touched today has crapped itself one way or the other!!! First of all...I ttok a much needed break at 11:45 to call my MOM at the hospital and then to say HELO to you girls....I had almost a whole page typed, when it decided to disappear. I don't have a clue where it went, probably somewhere out in cyber-space, never to be found. Did the same thing when I was typing to you all last nite. I wonder if it's something I'm doing Confused ...maybe hitting a certain key by mistake??
Well, now it's 2:30 pm EST and my noodles are made, the gravy is made, the roast is done and the Chocolate Pie is done too. The CHOCOLATE PIE...That's when my day turned to poop!! I took 2 boxes of pudding out of the cabinet this morning, put it in a pan with the milk and started to stir ...it was way lumpy and very very thick. So I thought geez , I must have mis-counted my cups of milk, so I added about 1/2 cup more, put a low flame under it and went to the bathroom. While I was in there I said wonder if that could have been instant pudding.....looked in the trash and sure enough it WAS!! I was trying to COOK instant pudding!!! Embarassed It had only been "trying" to cook for about 5 mins. so I quickly poured it into a large bowl and used my electric mixer to try and get those lumps out..it sorta worked and so in the fridge it went. Problem solved. But NO ..I had to go and put the crust in the oven WITHOUT PRICKING IT with afork and it balloned up like a marshmallow!! Rolling Eyes .. I told DH...I don't know it dinner is going to turn out or not. He said ...don't panic I'm sure everything will be good...maybe you just weren't supposed to make a CHOCOLATE PIE!!!!
The story on my MOM...she has phnemiona (can't cook or spell) Rolling Eyes and congestive heart failure. The doctors said it was a good thing she got to the hospital when she did or she would have died...What makes me soooo mad Mad is they"ll get her better and she'll go home and start smoking again...can't figure it out! I do want to thank everyone that sadi a prayer for her, thank you it did help and I appreciate it. You all are such good friends.

*****LINDA L, So you couldn't sleep last nite either? Boy we shoiuld have meant in the TEA ROOM abd chatted a while. I almost went there, but decided I'd been sittng in this chair far too long as it was.

*****SHERYLE, I'll bet you WERE surprised when you logged on this morning to start the days post and there I was all wide eyed and bushy tailed!! I finally got to bed at 4:30 am EST. Put the roast in the crock pot and watched a little OVC before I went to bed.

*****REDAWNA, I am so proud of you!! What a huge under taking and you finished it and I will pray that you bring home the BIG PRIZE!! That's a lot of ingredients and time that went into making it. How much do you figure you have in it $$$ wise?? I'll keep my fingures crossed when the judging takes place.

*****LINDA W, Thanks for sharing you're recipe for the cookie pie...maybe I'll ahve better luck with it..ya think?? I know DH will just love it ,because he loves C.C.COOKIES! Good luck with your tests this coming week, hope they go well. Now when did you say your surgery was? I could have swore that I jotted that down on my calendar, but I don't see it. Please let me know, so I can ,say a little prayer for you that day...OK??

*****HOLLY, I got the BIGGEST laugh from the marbles and the qoute....Do you think you're loosing your marbles????? Today I would have to say YES and DOUBLE YES!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well for anyone that hasn't stopped by as of yet ..I hope you had a very good day. I'll check back later and let you all know if the rest of my dinner was eatable....now I'm off to peel some potatoes. You all take care...Debbie

P.S. I can't believe that it's actually gonna let me post my entire note...You gotta love computers ,don't you?? Very Happy

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Monkey
First I love the name
My surgery is on 11/29 so far. Of course they have to do all the pretesting to make sure. but it's on calendar for that day
Thanks for the prayers, would never say know to them
Linda

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey LINDA W.....Thanks for letting me know the surgery date. I've got it on my big desk calendar...so maybe I won't lose it this time. I love the monkeys...gave me a good laugh. Take care...Debbie Very Happy

lightningbug
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cutest graphics ever!!!!!!!!!!!! love it. had a lazy day indeed today, off to work for two more days then off for five!!!!! Laughing
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BUG....So glad you had a relaxing day.As you've probably read from the above post...I've had one of those days where I probably should have went back to bed. I did some of the most stupiedest things today...like I told HOLLY ..I do thinkI lost my marables. LOL But now the chores are done for the day and dinner is over with and it's time to relax and enjoy doing nothing.

For all of you guys who are wondering how dinner turned out..it was absolutely delishious! Even the CHOCOLATE PIE!! Now remember that I said I added extra milk to the pudding BEFORE I relized it was instant pudding...well that made it just a little bit loose...not runny thought. But as I carried it to the table , I jokingly said "I don't know whether to slice it or spoon it on to our plates, we all laughed because the pudding was wigglingly and jiggling around. It was good though and from now on...NO cooking dinner without any sleep!!

Well I better get going I want to finish watching Desparte Housewives. I watch AMAZING RACE...it was good ,but I hated to see the oriental boys get last . I hope the 2 blonde haired girls win the whole thing,because they have never had a fight between them, never had anything bad to say about the other couples and always seem happy plus they are playing very well!! Chat with ya later...Debbie

Patti
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening to all my BakeSpace friends. Debbie, Linda, Holly, Sheryl, Redawna and the other Linda and any one else who happens by. Linda, my hubby will be returning Wednesday, I informed him hunting can never take precedence over Thanksgiving. He will return to hunting probably again that weekend. I am always glad to have him back home. Just not all his dirty clothes, ha ha. My gosh I was gone all day, I told my DS that I would help him and DIL with the church Thanksgiving dinner, we were there from early this morning until 10:00 this evening, what a tiring day. We had a lot of leftovers and took them to the police station for the police to enjoy, that made us feel even better. They were so happy for the donations. See you all tomorrow, I am bone tired, and hope I can get a good nights sleep.
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi PattT...Sounds like you had a wonderful day. To help serve dinner at church and then to take the leftovers to the police station!!! How great and fullfilling is that? I know it must have made your day, it would have mine too. You deserve to get a good nites rest. I 'm not too long from bed myself, as I didn't sleep much at all last nite. Take care my friend...Debbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: