BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday- 11/28
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Tuesday- 11/28 Reply with quote

Morning,

Today is my cookie exchange- back to work for 4 days then off to Bonaire. The favors came out cute, I'm going to bring in my camera and take pictures and will try to post them. I can't wait to tell all the ladies who come to the exchange today about Bakespace. I think it's great that there are over 6,000 members and we came in when there were about 2,000 or so! Shows we were in from the start- well almost.
Anita: Have you always lived in Florida? Our son is buying a home in Texas. I know we will be spending time there but don't know if I could ever leave New York.
LindaW: Will be thinking of you tomorrow.Remember what Debbie said- "Don't worry..I'll be there in prayer holding your hand and so will alot of your other board friends"
PattiT: a baking extravaganza! I can't wait to hear all about it. Would love to do something like that!
Debbie: Sorry that your Mom is in the hospital again. Prayers being said for her-
Jan: I saw on the morning news that the Palm Trees are dying in California. I've never been to Los Angeles.Are there alot of Palms in your area?
Sheryle:I love your quote-"Trust is the most valuable thing you'll ever earn."-So TRUE!
Vicki:It's going to get cold here on saturday-have all my outside lights up before the cold weather sets in.
Kenna Lou: Hope your thanksgiving was wonderful also.
Holly- Hope you are feeling better.
Have a good day all.
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning all! I'm so tired, I stayed up too late last night and now I'm paying for it. When will I ever learn?

Debbie - I'm so sorry to hear that your mother is back in the hospital. My prayers are with you all.

Linda - let us know how your cookie exchange goes and take lots of pictures to show us. I'm glad you liked my quote and it is definitely true. You'll never believe where I got it... off a Dove chocolate wrapper.

Anita - that's wonderful that you have your mother with you. I would have given anything to be able to have mine with me. I know it's a lot of work, but at least you know she is being taken care of.

Jan - your mother sounds so sweet!

Kenna Lou - I'll be glad when you get your work caught up so you'll have more time to stop by and chat with us.

Well have to go - I hope everyone has a great day.

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING LINDA and SHERYLE.....I think today is going to be a beautiful day...in more ways than one! The skies are sooo blue and the temp. is going to be in the high 50's! But most of all ....I just talk to my MOM and she said she is feeling so much better today, than when she went to ER last nite! SO THANK YOU ALL FOR PRAYING FOR HER!!!!! The doctors had quickly put on heavy duty meds. last nite and her doctor this morning said she was very ill and full of infection and he wasn't going to let her go home until she was completely better. You know what my mom said ...I know and I'm not leaving until I'm better !!! So last nite when she said she had a long talk with GOD and ask him to forgive her for all her sins...She must have really felt she was dying! But she IS getting better.
*****LINDA L, Hope you have a blast doing the cookie exchange today! I'd love to be there. Next time you post..tell us about it and what kind of cookies were made. I'm getting hungryjust talking about it.
*****SHERYLE, Staying up late is never good the next day! I've done that too many nits this week and I have found myself faling asleep in the wierdest places...ie, on the toliet , at my desk writing out Christmas cards. So sleep is good and I'm going to try and get to bed a little earlier than 2 to 4 am!

Here's some food for thought....Is anyone interested in sending Christmas cards to our little group here on BakeSpace? You know this little group that comes on this TOH thread and chats every day? If you're interested, we can PM each other with addy's and such! Just a thought, I know I think it would be nice to send a card to you guys, I've come to know you as my dear friends. Let me know what you think. Well gtta go, DD is voming to pick me upand we
ll go to the hospital and then to her house. It's DSIL'S birthday and we are going to fix a big meal and his family and myself and DH will be there. You all have a nice day and Take care......Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed SORRY I SHOULD HAVE PROOF READ THE ABOVE NOTE, BEFORE SENDING, too many typing errors! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Redawna kaly_ab
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Good Morning!!! Reply with quote

Hi Linda, Linda, Sheryle, Debbie, Jan, Kenna Lou, Patti and anyone else who pops in today!

Debbie, I hope your mom feels better soon.

Linda, have fun at the cookie exchange!

Linda, you are i n my thoughts and prayers for tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Last week was extremely busy. It was very cool to see my GB get first place at the Festival!!! What a thrill! DH was home all last week so we started on some home renos. I have been painting like a mad woman and will continue with that today. We are schedualed to get new carpets and laminate on the 14 & 15 th of December! It will be such a shame to see the old minty green carpet go... NOT! We are replacing all the interior doors as well, the previous owners must have had a small dog because the bottom of every door in the house is scratched badly. And wow, what an update new white doors give the house, so much better then the old brown ones we are taking down.

So just keeping busy, to busy, takes away from my puter time! lol

I would love to partisipate in a small Bakespace TOH Christmas card exchange, if you want this cold Canadian girl! (It is -32*C this morning)

Have a great day ladies, see you all later.

Hugs,
Redawna
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - I'm so happy to learn that your mother is doing better! They just don't keep people in the hopital long enough these days. I hope this time, they keep her until she's better.

I would love to take part in a Christmas card exchange.

Redawana - congratulations an getting first place with your GB. I saw a post about it on the TOHBB.

Gotta go!

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeybusiness wrote:
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed SORRY I SHOULD HAVE PROOF READ THE ABOVE NOTE, BEFORE SENDING, too many typing errors! Debbie

Monkey... you can always edit your posts after you submit them.. look on the top of that post and you'll see a button that reads "edit".. click that when you're signed in and it will take you to a screen that is the edit mode.. make changes (I check my spelling all the time) and then hit submit.. easy as pie. Smile

P.s. Hey... can I get in on that card exchange too? Sounds fun! I'll send you the bakespace cards we're sending out.. Smile
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning all my sweet BakeSpace/TOH friends. Cold here today for Calif. Around 50į burrrrÖÖlol

Linda- Hope you get lotís of picís of the cookie exchange and the favors you made, would love to see them.
Yes we have lotís of palm trees here. I think what you heard was right because I have seen lotís of palms loosing their tops. I think itís called crown drop disease or something like that? They lost a bunch of palms in Beverly Hills a few years ago from that disease.

Sheryle- Yes my Momma is such a sweetie pie and the older she gets the sweeter she gets, always so grateful for anything someone does for her. Today Iím taking her to get some pants that fit. All the ones in her closet have stretched elastic in the back.

Debbie-Iíll pray for your Mom to have a complete recovery. Sounds like she really wants to get better and thatís half the battle.
Have fun this evening at your DSILís Birthday dinner and have a piece of cake for me.

Redwana- Congratulations girlfriend on your 1st place honor for your hard work making your gingerbread village. Lotís of work in that, it looks beautiful. Wish I had your talent.
I have been meaning to tell you that for several days now.

Linda W- You are in my thoughts and prayers for tomorrow Hon, and will be the whole time you are in the hospital. Hurry back. I sure hope they let you have that lap top so you donĎt get withdrawals in there LOL.

Wishing everyone and anyone to follow me in this morning a very happy and blessed day.

~Jan~
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Tuesday- 11/28 Reply with quote

Lagar wrote:
Morning,

[img]
Jan: I saw on the morning news that the Palm Trees are dying in California. I've never been to Los Angeles.Are there alot of Palms in your area?
[/img]

Yes, there are a lot of palm trees, but in honesty, they don't really shade us like they should.. we need more oak trees. Smile
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon Jan, Debbie, Redawna, Linda, Anita, Kenna Lou, cookiebaker, Holly, Linda, Babette and any one else that checks in today. Debbie glad to read that your Mom is feeling better and that they are going to make sure she is all better before they let her go again. That had to be a big scare for you all. Linda, looking forward to hearing about your cookie exchange and all the different kinds that were made. Jan it is nice that your mother is appreciative of you. Redawna I saw on TOH that you had won your GB contest, congratulations again. I have always wanted to replace my ugly brown doors with some nice white ones, and paint really makes a difference doesn't it. Holly I hope you are feeling better. At this house I think our Thanksgiving celebration seemed to be the opportunity for us to share our colds etc. seems like we are all sick now. I would love to exchange Christmas cards let me know how we are going to do it. Not too much going on here today, maybe I will find time to post another recipe. Rolling Eyes
Patti
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: