BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Morning Everyone
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Good Morning Everyone Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
Well they are letting me come back to school till I have a date for the surgery. I really need the money so that is a good thing. The body was protesting this morning.
Debbie, sure hope your Mom is OK.
Linda, I have a cookie swap to go to Friday with the Girl Scouts, because I was suppose to be in the hospital I didn't bake. But I think maybe tomorrow I will try. They said no big deal come anyway even without cookies. I guess being the President has some perks.
The recipe I got off TOHBB:
Subject: Rec/Rev: Drop Brownies
Posted by: Sparty Replies: 1 Posted on: 11/28/2006 2:05:19 PM
#T765648
This is a recipe I got here about 2 yrs ago...I tweaked it today. Only had 1 C semi-sweet chips, but I had a partial bar of Scharfenberger 70% Bittersweet. Result?? DIVINE!!!
Do follow the directions, don't over bake...I had to toss a dozen that were "toast" when I left them in for an extra minute!! I've added a couple PS's, too!! Enjoy with a glass of cold milk!! Smile

Drop Brownies
2 C. semisweet chocolate chips
1 [14 oz]can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C. butter
1 C. flour
Combine first 3 ingredients in medium sauce pan;cook over low heat,stirring constantly until melted.
Stir in flour. (PS...I shut off the heat & added flour gradually)
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. (PS...I used parchment paper)
Bake at 350 degrees for 7 mins. Cookies will be soft; don`t over bake.
Cool on baking sheet 2 min; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 4 doz.

they seem easy enough and I believe I have all the ingredients in the house. I only need to bring 3 dozen so the girls will get some too.
We host a huge event, where leaders and their daughters come, do crafts, songs, games, decorate gingerbread cookies. And of course cookie swap. Probably have over 100 people. Everyone gives me their recipes and I make up a cookbook for all the leaders of the cookies at the swap.

Well just noticed the time have to finish dressing for school. Will talk to all later
Linda
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up on putting a graphic by my name. It just will not let me do it
So the red X it is
Linda
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Wargofive and all to follow. Haven't responded to the pantry in a few weeks, so this morning with a few extra minutes decided today was a good day!!!!

Those drop Brownies sound really good I'll have to copy and paste into my new recipes. Can't wait to try it...thanks for the recipe Wargofive!!

My DH leaves to go hunting Friday so that leaves me and the boys for a week. I always stress during the holidays as I always have a full week and 2 weekends of NO shopping. Oh well, I should be used to it.

We are supposed to get a winter blast starting Thursday night with potential of up to a foot of snow. I'm not ready for that much snow all in one shot!!! Rolling Eyes I guess I know what the kids and I'll be doing. Playing in the snow.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday.

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Good morning, everyone-Wargofive, e-mail me at hollytagz@gmail.com if you need for me to set up your picture for your profile Very Happy
Tater
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, Wow how I have missed you all and this BB. I guess thats called being addicted. Laughing Father in law made it home just fine, the transmission went out when he got to his driveway. Yikes that was scary when we heard that. Its 500 miles from his home to ours. Could have quit anywhere. I got the grandkids Disney orniments on my weekend trip, got my cookies baked and I took the Thanksgiving company back to the airport yeaterday. Now I need to rest. LOL
I will try to catch up on all the past post today.
Kathy
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING to ALL MY TOH FRIENDS.......I wanted to get on early, because I'm going to get started decorating today and probably finish up Saturday. I still feel sooooo sleepy! I slept good last nite, but was up early, so i might see a nap in my future. It's srarting to rain and it cloudy, but the temp in supossed to be warm (in the 70's) again today. I hear this is supossed to be our last warm day!!
I got a message from Linda L saying she was interested in the Christmas card exchange for those of us that chat together on the forum...so i went ahead and gave her my home address..so if that's ok we will just PM everyone our address.so far I've counted 16 counting myself! DO we all need a list of names? do we want to include a recipe , like we do over on the TOH Board? You al let me know. Haven't talk to Mom this morning..I wanted to wait on her to take her other blood oxygen test and for the doctor to come in.

*****LINDAW ,Going back to schol huh? Well if nothing else ..it'll help take youe mind off the surgery. Just don't over-do it. Thanks for the recipe for the "DROP BROWNIES" I copied over to mc.

****MOTHERof 2BOYS, WOW!!! A foot of snow!! I'm sooo glad we don't get that much snow here. So thankful that most of the snow in our area goes above us about 15 miles! Have fun playing with your boys though. As you read above ..we here on this forum are going to do a C.C.E. , but only if you want to partciapate.

Well I gotta get busy... Hope to hear from you ALL SOON! Take care...Debbie Very Happy

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kathy..Like you said..it's a good thing your dad didn't have car trouble while on the road. Sure have missed seeing your post. Did you read above about the Christmas card exchange for this forum? hope you have a good day today. Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: good morning Reply with quote

Smile good morning everyone. Motherof2boys I would love to see snow we live in Florida so no chance of that. Linda I am having trouble posting my picture too. Babette sent me directions and still can't figure it out. My DD is coming over today so I am going to have her help me,sure hope she can. Every thing is back to some what normal after thanksgiving. I have some errands to do this morning so i better get started.

Bye for now everyone have a good day. Smile
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Linda, Anita, Motherof2boys,Tater(where have you been?), Holly and Debbie! Hope I didn't leave anyone out! I am finally beginning to see daylight on my housework and laundry after being behind for the last 4 weeks or so. Housework is done, now just finishing up the laundry.

I still need to get my Christmas tree up. DH has two weddings this weekend, so I don't know if that will happen or not.

Can someone tell me about the Christmas card exchange? I'm not sure if I can participate or not, money is tight this Christmas. However, I would love to e-mail Christmas cards to everyone if that would be a possibility.

My e-mail address is: kelowe318 at yahoo dot com.

The weather is still warm and muggy here. Does someone need me to send me some warmth in exchange for a little bit of cold? Very Happy

I always look forward to the time I spend with all of you here.

Everyone have a great day!
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LindaW,

Where do you get all of your cute little pics? Do you make them? I love the snowman family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: