BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Morning Everyone on Thursday Morning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Good Morning Everyone on Thursday Morning Reply with quote

Well Hello everyone
Been a busy week for me. Still anticipating surgery next week, still waiting to hear from the Dr.
Two Christmas parties this weekend, that I am only going to drop in for a little bit. Reserving my energy.
Saw the post about snow, wow we have gotten less and less each year, but you always need to be prepared. I just bought my husband a new snow blower and it probably won't snow for years.
Here on Long Island it immediately becomes a snow day, the roads are mess, schools close, stores are wiped out like it is the last day on earth.
I figure we could eat nicely for about a month on just what is in my freezers.
Saw the Christmas card list, will try to send out more this week. I haven't sent out Christmas cards in 5 years, after my DH lost his job, that was one of the things I cut out. But this year, I decided to send a few to family and friends.
Well I hope you all have a wonderful day today, I will check in later
Linda
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Linda and all to follow!
Thank you for all your prayers. Surgery went well yesterday. First couple nights I am sleeping in a chair to prevent eye irritation, swelling, and possible infection. Please pardon mistakes - my vision is not too clear, but it will get better (with compresses every 20 minutes). I graduate to warm compresses in a couple days! Yeah!!

Linda, I am keeping you in my prayers, too - your surgery will be cleared and scheduled.

(For all my snow deprived friends: if I could share some snow, I would ship it out promptly.) Smile

Hugs,
Vicki
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Good Morning TOH BBer's And Bake Spacers! :O) Reply with quote

Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Linda, Vicki, and Holly.

Linda, please keep us posted about your surgery so we can all be praying for you.

Vicki, I'm glad to see you posting. I thought you would be absent for several days. Glad the surgery went well and I know that you are glad it is over.

Holly, I love your gingerbread kids and all the pics you post for that matter. I always look forward to seeing them.

I decided to go ahead and do the snail mail Christmas cards. I realize that some of you may have already sent yours, so if you would just like to e-mail me a card that would be fine, too. Monkeybusiness e-mailed me the list with everyone's addresses, and then I think she updated and emailed it again, adding my name and address to it.

Anyway, here's my e-mail address if you want to do e-cards. They are fun, too.

kelowe 318 at yahoo dot com

I would love to send e-mail cards in addition to the snail mail cards. Please PM me with your e-mail addresses.

Have a great day and those of you that need to, stay warm!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING LINDA W, VICKI, HOLLY, KENNA and EVERYONE that stops in.......It's almpst 10:00 a.m. here and I've only been up for about an hour...I guess I needed to sleep in. The day here is a wintery ,cloudy and cold day, so I thinkI'll stay in where it's warm and cozy. I do need to go to the hospital to see Mom , but that'll have to wait until tpmorrow, since I have my two favorite boys today! Speaking of Mom...I got a call yesterday from one of my sisters, she was all upset, telling me that the nurses were not taking care of Mom,and that one of us needed to be over there at all times to set with her and make sure they were doing thier job! I told you all that she had gotten the flu on top of her over allienments and with it she had major diareaha. Instead of putting a pull-up on her, they just put one of those bed liners under her and let her on on that....why I don't know! Anyway, 2 of my sisters went over to visist her early yesterday morning and she had been sleeping in the chair since 1:00 in the morning, because no one came to clean up her bed, where she had had an accident. So from 1 to 7 ...no nurses came in to check on my MOM. My sister marched right down to the Adminastrator(sp) office to complain....Long story short , they moved her to the first floor...heart floor and there she'll have her own nurse and when you ring that buzzer, they are there. The doctors say that they are going to discharge her by FRIDAY, but sending her to a re-habilitation center to teach her how to breath correctly and regain her strength. She looked really bad when i went to the hospital yesterday and I hope she gets well soon. Thanks for continued prayers!

*****LINDA W., You did the parties huh...was it fun, even though you were only at them a short time? Your DH snow blower sounds like us the year we bought a 4-wheel drive because of snow. i really think that was the year that we stopped having large snow acc. We never had to put that thing in 4-wheel drive! But I'm like you when it comes to the freezers...we sure would not go hungry if we got snowed in! Please don't forget to let us know when your surgery is scheduled for.

*****VICKI, So glad your surgery was asuccess! I'm so surprised to see back o the board so quickly...that's great! Just don't over strain yourself.

*****HOLLY, Love the gingerbread men ...your pics. always bring a smile to my face.

*****KENNA, Yes the 2nd list was an up-dated one...I figured you'd just think I was loosing it! LOL

*****REDAWNA, I e-mailed you a list of addresses also, but I must have your e-mail addy wrong, because it didn't go through. If you want to "PM" with your e-mail address...I'll try again to send you the list .

Well,I'd better get off here, I've got a few things to do before the boys get here...so maybe I can check in around 9Surprisedo tonite. You all have a good day and stay warm in the colder climates. Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, Linda W. Vicki, Holly, Kenna, Debbie and everyone else that stops by today. Linda, I keep trying to talk my hubby into getting a snow blower, neither of us are up to shoveling snow, it sure would be nice to not have to worry about digging out of a snowstorm. Vicki, did you have eye surgery? Glad that you didn't have to stay away from us for too long, so glad that things went well for you. Holly I loved that cup graphic, it was soooooo beautiful! Linda W. this must be an anxious time for you, I hope they schedule your surgery soon so that you can get it out of the way. I ran out of Christmas cards! I just knew I should have bought more. I will check back later and see what everyone has been up to. Not much going on here, laundry and all that fun stuff.
Patti
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone! I had hoped to take a short break this morning, but things were just too busy. It's now lunch time so hopefully I'll have a few minutes to myself. Not only were things crazy at work, the day started off bad. I knew it was supposed to get very cold, but hadn't planned on snow. The roads were awful, I'm just glad I don't have far to drive. The people I work with, who had a longer distance to drive, said theysaw a lot of cars in the ditch.

Linda - I'm sure you'll be thrilled to get your surgery over with - I don't know how you can stand the waiting.

Vicki - I'm glad you're home and not still in the hospital. Hope you are doing well.

Kenna Lou - I'm glad you are going to be able to send cards - I'll make sure I get one out to you. This is the first time in about five years that I've sent Christmas cards.

Debbie - your poor mother...she's sure been through a lot the last few weeks. I'm surprized that she may be released Friday. I know sometimes they can be forgotten in the hospital, especially if you don't bug the staff. I also know that the nurses are very busy, but still she shouldn't have been left in her chair all night - I just can't believe that. I know when my mother had knee replacement surgery we had to take turns going to the hospital to feed her. They had her on morphine, and then would bring her food in and just put it in front of her. She was so drugged that there was no way she could feed herself. I guess if we hadn't made a point of being there at mealtime, she whould have starved. The nursing homes can even be worse.

Patti - those snow blowers are great. I don't have one, but my sister and brother in-law do and lots of times they'll bring it to my house and remove the snow from my drive. I've shoveled my drive before, but it takes me a long time to get it done.

I have to go and will try to check in later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: good morning Reply with quote

Smile Good Morning to everyone and to those that follow. Vicki so glad your surgery went well,prayer is a powerful thing. Linda so gald you have a date set on your sugery. I posted a reply on the other forum too. Holly I will say it again your graghics are soooo cute. Well have to go and make more candy. Everyone stay warm.

Smile Anita
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: