BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday -12/19
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Tuesday -12/19 Reply with quote

Good Morning

Had to get up to take my pup out so figured I would check the board to see what's happening since I wasn't able to get online yesterday.
THANK YOU so very much for all your prayers. I have an ear infection which my doctor gave me meds so I should be good for christmas. Again- wish I could hug each one of you for your kindness.
WOW! Babette sent a cool card from Bakespace Very Happy Thanks Babette- it's the first time I have ever gotten a card from a board president!
Have a good day.
Linda
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Good Morning TOH BBer's And Bake Spacers! :O) Reply with quote

cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Linda, Holly and all who follow. Getting ready to start but wanted to stop in for a bit first. I'm counting the days until Friday - I can't wait to have four days off work! I think I'm more excited about being able to sleep late on those days than just about anything else. Not much to look forward to today, no cookie swap or anything fun - just boring old work. Very Happy

Linda - I'm glad you found out whats wrong - hopefully you'll be feeling better by Christmas.

Holly - hope all is going well with you.

Babette - thanks for the card, it was so cute!

I have to get to work - I'll try to check back in later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Good Morning, Linda, Holly, and all to follow!
We awoke to chilly temperatures and the forecast of sunshine, but still no snow.... Maybe, we will have our grandson's little bike outside on Christmas Day!

Linda, I hope those antibiotics quickly kick in and clear out that ear infection.
Holly, glad to see your pretty pictures, again.

Breakfast time. Will check back.
Vicki

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Yesterday, I made the Almond Cranberry Coffee Cake. We did not have a piece until last night. It was so pretty, but a little too tart, may need a touch more sugar. What do you think? (We do not like overly sweet desserts, so this was a surprise.)

CRANBERRY ALMOND COFFEE CAKE
1/2 cup almond paste
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar,divided
3 eggs
1-1/3 cups flour, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cup fresh OR frozen cranberries

Grease 8 -inch sqare baking dish. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a small mixing bowl, cream almond paste, butter and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add 2 eggs, beating well after each addition.
Combine 1 cup flour and baking flour. Add to creamed mixture. Beat in remaining egg and flour.
Stir in extracts. Gently fold in cranberries.
Spread into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tablespoons sugar.
Bake 45 to 55 minutes OR until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack
YIELD: 9 servings

Shocked
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Many Thanks 4 Prayers & Kind Words Reply with quote

MDH John went to the hospital yesterday and they thought he had blood clots in his legs. Turned out he has bad valves in his legs and tons of varicose veins.
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Good Morning Linda L, Sheryle, Holly, Vicki and ALL who stop in today.... It is chilly here this morning too, but the temps are supposed to go up to 55* and be sunny. Last nite I stated coming down with a sore throat, sneezing, coughing, watery eyes and chilling. So I've picked up a cold somewhere. I feel like dog doodoo! Needless to say I didn't go over to see Mom, I didn't want to give this to her. My dad just called morning and he's over at the hospital. He was there when the doctor came in and said they are going to get the papers rady to transfer her to the ARBORS tomorrow (Tuesday). The doctor said her postasium is getting back to normal, her x-rays on her lungs are as good as thewy are going to get...now what she needs to do is all up to her...eat and get some waking , then exercise done. The doctor said she would be at the Arbors for at least a month, but that it's going to take 3 to 6 months for her to start to feel like she did before she got sick. My dad said he got her to eat a few bites of french toast this morningand that he was going to be there at every meal to feed her and make sure she was eating something. It's going to be a slow process getting her home, but at least she will be coming home! Thanks for all your continued prayers.

*****LINDA L, Glad you went to the doctor to get an antibiotic for your ear.Hope it works fast and your feeling better by the week-end.i love your little gingerbread man.

*****SHERYLE, I hope you have a good day at your boring ole work. When I use to work out in an office enviroment...The week of Christmas , we hardly did anything...someone was always bringing in goodies or cards or gifts...there was always something going on.

*****HOLLY, Sure hope JOHN is doing better today. Did the doctor give him a blood thinner and tell him to stay off his feet. prayers will be said for him and you too. How's onary FIL doig? By the way i love the graphics today, especially the one for our troops. God Bless them ALL!

*****VICKI, So your cranberry cake is too tart. Is it to tart to eat? Will you make it agian using less cranberries or more sugar? Surely something should help it taste less bitter. What do you have planned for the day.

Well I'm going to get off here...I've got a mountain of laundry to do..couldn't do it yesterday, because I was busy playing grandma all day. We had a good day though..the boys were very good for me. Hope everyone has a good day and I'll try to make it back after dinner. Take care....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: :O( Reply with quote

(((Debbie)))

Keeping you and your mother lifted up in our daily prayers and thoughts Very Happy

MDH John gets no blood thinners. They said he has bad valves in his legs and severe varicose veins, daily I wrap his legs so he can walk, otherwise, he would stay in the bed or his wheelchair
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: good morning Reply with quote

Smile Good morning Linda,Holly,Vicki,and monkeybusiness and to all who follows. Holly so sad to hear about John,hope he gets better soon. Prayers go out to him. Linda hope your ears get better soon. Well I had better get busy baking cookies. Babette thanks for the cute Christmas card.

Smile Anita
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you guys got the card.. Smile Some of the Canadian cards went out later so you guys should all have them by the end of the week. Smile Happy Holidays...

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: